Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Sylk

How has Caution aged for you so far?

I definitely overplayed some songs but overall as a full body of work it still holds up well for me, some songs have aged amazing like The Distance, Giving Me Life and title track while I feel like 8th Grade, With You and A No No had it's run for me... 

What do you guys think?

I could say that it aged badly but Madame X made it look better in comparison, and so did my first listen of MIAMTEC a month or two ago rObIyUI.thumb.gif.cc068ad72e6fb44c11477a8c1fbdbaa9.gif

Most tracks still hold up rObIyUI.thumb.gif.cc068ad72e6fb44c11477a8c1fbdbaa9.gif

Wine: 

GTFO

A No No

The Distance 

One Mo’ Gen

8th Grade (OUTRO IS FUCKING OUTSTANDING)

Stay Long Love You

Never really cared for Caution and Portrait

Milk:

With You

Giving Me Life

I still play pretty much every song all the time bar GTFO. 

Runaway, Giving Me Life, 8th Grade, The Distance, Caution & A No No are by far my favourite "half". 

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Not certain someone being Obsessed.mp3 moo6 

Get out my George Foreman! moo7

Like the gorgeous water that broke out of her vagina when she gave birth to her twins! It took me a minute to fully appreciate it because I felt like 10 tracks was so short but every song is 7/10 or above. Even the singles (With You and The Distance) I listened to a lot at their release are still gorgeous in my trinity @Sylk you have no excuse! People who think it's better than MIAM and put it in their top 5 are delusional though. Gorgeous era for her too, successful tours with her best vocals in years, stunning looks, great album photoshoot, interviews, music videos ugh

huEgP4U.gif

13 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Milk:

With You

bgtZnBP.gif 

45 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Wine: 

GTFO

A No No

The Distance 

One Mo’ Gen

8th Grade (OUTRO IS FUCKING OUTSTANDING)

Stay Long Love You

Never really cared for Caution and Portrait

Milk:

With You

Giving Me Life

Giving Me Life sweetie I'm so sorry 

huEgP4U.gif

31 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Like the gorgeous water that broke out of her vagina when she gave birth to her twins! It took me a minute to fully appreciate it because I felt like 10 tracks was so short but every song is 7/10 or above. Even the singles (With You and The Distance) I listened to a lot at their release are still gorgeous in my trinity @Sylk you have no excuse! People who think it's better than MIAM and put it in their top 5 are delusional though. Gorgeous era for her too, successful tours with her best vocals in years, stunning looks, great album photoshoot, interviews, music videos ugh

huEgP4U.gif

bgtZnBP.gif 

omg I remember when you were like "we waited for just 10 tracks wtf" for the record, it's a cohesive critically acclaimed album, not a mixtape dear, relax! I stan on 

huEgP4U.gif

Furthermore, I do place it in the top 5 Mariah's best album next to Daydream, Butterfly, Emotions, and Memoirs! The criteria for me that all these album fill is that they have literally ZERO skips (except maybe just one each) and like @Venus XCX said the era was a serve too, her best since Emancipation, she served look after another, vocals after vocals, ended the rat stella also, truly the best time to be a Lamb, left us no choice but to STAN 

huEgP4U.gif

Also GTFO aged like wine, the production on it is immaculate still 

huEgP4U.gif

50 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Furthermore, I do place it in the top 5 Mariah's best album next to Daydream, Butterfly, Emotions, and Memoirs! The criteria for me that all these album fill is that they have literally ZERO skips (except maybe just one each) and like @Venus XCX said the era was a serve too, her best since Emancipation, she served look after another, vocals after vocals, ended the rat stella also, truly the best time to be a Lamb, left us no choice but to STAN 

huEgP4U.gif

Also GTFO aged like wine, the production on it is immaculate still 

huEgP4U.gif

Yes her second best album did THAT clap3moo6moo11 

A timeless album cry7

The songs that are highlights on the album:

With You

Caution

Giving Me Life

Portrait 

I'm not really crazy about The Distance and Stay Long Love You but they're still good songs

Also A No No has kinda run its course. Maybe because I liked it so much at the beginning and played it more than the other tracks.

Still one of Mariah's best albums moo6moo11

Like the finest of wines. There's not a single skip and I adore the album and its production with every (careful) listen. I remember I disliked GTFO at first even though it is in my trinity right now. A stellar album, I'd be more than happy if my fave's 15th album sounded as good as this. 

#LucaRANKS:

1. 8th Grade
  2. Giving Me Life
  3. GTFO
  4. One Mo' Gen
  5. The Distance
  6. With You
  7. Stay Long Love You
  8. A No No
  9. Portrait
  10. Caution

Aged like wine. I've always loved the album but like 8th grade and One Mo' Gen I only really started to appreciate this summer so the album kinda feels fresh for me again. (not sure if that even makes sense lol). I honestly feel like it's her most cohesive album since  Butterfly imo  

1. 8th grade 
  2. The Distance 
  3. Giving Me Life 
  4. One Mo' Gen 
  5. GTFO 
  6. With You 
  7. Portrait 
  8. A No No 
  9. Stay Long Love You
  10. Caution 
9 minutes ago, millitanthomo said:

Aged like wine. I've always loved the album but like 8th grade and One Mo' Gen I only really started to appreciate this summer so the album kinda feels fresh for me again. (not sure if that even makes sense lol). I honestly feel like it's her most cohesive album since  Butterfly imo  

1. 8th grade 
  2. The Distance 
  3. Giving Me Life 
  4. One Mo' Gen 
  5. GTFO 
  6. With You 
  7. Portrait 
  8. A No No 
  9. Stay Long Love You
  10. Caution 

We have the same top 3 jj2

I hardcore stan Runway though, Spotify needs to make it available to countries outside of Japan giveup1

giveup3giveup3giveup3giveup3giveup3 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.