Sign in to follow this  

Beauty Guru Megathread

Hermione 26,190

There's been a lot of recent discussion on FOTP about beauty gurus and influencers, and I think it's about time we have a spot where it all goes in one place!

You can post all of the below and more here, as long as it remains on topic:

• YouTube uploads from beauty gurus (channels and personalities who primarily post about makeup, skin, hair, nails, fashion, etc.)
  • Non-beauty guru celebrities who venture into the beauty world (like Kylie in relation to Kylie Cosmetics/Skin and Rihanna in relation to Fenty Beauty)
  • Their tweets, snaps, and IG posts as well
  • Beauty brands - new releases, social media, etc.
  • Current gossip/scandals/speculation
  • Retrospection on past drama
  • Videos from and discussion about drama channels

I'll start by throwing some names out there just to get the ball rolling. You can talk about these people if you want but this thread definitely isn't limited to them! I would also appreciate that people not make new threads about gurus in the World News & Celebrity Gossip section and talk about those topics in here instead.

• James Charles
  • Jeffree Star
  • Tati Westbrook
  • NikkieTutorials
  • Jaclyn Hill
  • Laura Lee
  • Manny MUA
  • Gabriel Zamora
  • Nikita Dragun
  • Bretman Rock
  • Jackie Aina
  • Patrick Starrr
  • Thomas Halbert
  • Kylie Jenner
  • Rihanna
  • Tea Spill
  • Here For The Tea
  • Shane Dawson
  • Peter Monn
  • Rich Lux
  • Sebastian Williams
  • As Told By Kenya

I'm also putting this in Entertainment, because at its core that's what the "beauty community" is.

Hermione 26,190
1 minute ago, Divine said:

legend

During any given scandal, he's pole dancing in Hawaii completely unbothered. We stan.

I was super into a fair amount of beauty gurus this year but my taste for it kinda died during dramageddon. I still watch The Viewers Voice just for the tea, tbh.

That being said I still am really attracted to make-up videos so I'm sure I'll fall back into it again~

Hermione 26,190

Millie Bobby Brown is launching a beauty brand called Florence by Mills.

It's crazy to me how many beauty brands there are today. There's no way that even a fraction of them could possibly be successful with how oversaturated the market is and has been for the past decade. Also, I find it troubling how invested children are in such a problematic industry. I don't know what products Millie is going to put out but I hope she learns from the Kylie Skin rollout and doesn't make the same mistakes.

Hermione 26,190

Also, I'm pretty sure the one year anniversary of Dramageddon with Jeffree/Manny/Laura/Nikita/Gabriel just happened recently.

Any retrospective thoughts?

Hermione 26,190
1 minute ago, Courtney Love said:

Sickening good or sickening bad? nicki5

Bad. The trailer was way too long, boring, and manipulative, and nothing about Jeffree's world is "Beautiful."