Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

RepuTAYtion

Hollywood Reporter Destroys Madge

18 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I've dated men that were well above 30 with barely any pubic hair or beard growing on their chin. 

dead2 That damn story is being twisted so many times and it isn't a fucking real-life account. In the story Madge was in her early 20s and the boy 16-18. There are real-life couples where the man is somewhere in his early 20s and the girl is in high school and in most parts of the world that is perfectly legal. This can hardly be seen as pedophilia but keep reaching.

I don't even think the story is real, i think the whole book was based on fiction stories. It was created just to make people talk about things they weren't talking openly back, or were afraid to. dead2

1 hour ago, Venom said:

As an irl 16 year old, this entire post is a mess and I question the validity of 99% of it wendy1

Well, do you think that at 18 y.o. magically you become more mature? At 16 y.o. I think you can choose with who have sex with. And that is not just my opinion btw, cuz in most EU countries the legal age is 16 y.o. (my country is 14 y.o.). That said, you simply stated incorrect facts. The average age for puberty for boys is from 12 y.o. Before that age boys usually don't have pubes at all. You said that it was prepubescent but that implies no pubes at all, so you are simply wrong.. Moreover at 16 y.o. you got way less pubes that in your 20s, so it is just more rational to assume that the boy is around 16 y.o. instead of 11 like you claim.

Prepubescent child =/= teenager xtina7

2 hours ago, Venom said:

You need to realize that for years, white artists have been able to freely slip in and out of cultures whenever it's convenient to them (as seen by Jennifer Lopez singing the N-word once despite not being anywhere near black, Ariana successfully pretending to be black, Miley Cyrus' Bangerz phase and comment about why she left hip hop, etc.), and it's not exactly okay in a lot of cases, in my opinion as a white Gen-Z. And it's completely fair game if someone wants to call Madonna out for doing that, since that's absolutely something she's done. 

And if you think that it's cultural appreciation or irrelevant or whatever, we can totally move on to having more conversations about her desperation to appeal to children with her dabbles in PC Music and hip-hop, or the time she wrote in her SEX book about her fantasy to have intercourse with a prepubescent child, or when she used an alleged 40+ year old rape story as an unapologetic excuse for her to be comparing minor inconveniences to rape etc. 

brit1

it’s so ironic how you call out the whites while you’re literally doing the whitest thing ever, which is acting as a voice for minorities and deciding what is cultural appropriation. get your whole faux woke shtick somewhere else really. you might not mean harm, but at this rate, you just sound more entitled rather than anything else you wanted to sound like 

1 minute ago, Maria said:

it’s so ironic how you call out the whites while you’re literally doing the whitest thing ever, which is acting as a voice for minorities and deciding what is cultural appropriation. get your whole faux woke shtick somewhere else really. you might not mean harm, but at this rate, you just sound more entitled rather than anything else you wanted to sound like 

This thread is about an article involving cultural appropriation, and I'm fully allowed to have an opinion agreeing with it nicki6

"The net experience is like hanging out with your aunt who’s trying to impress you by doing ecstasy, telling you about her sex life and pretending she’s woke. Basically: what no human wants to hear right now."

This entire article is garbage, but this really kills anything they wrote. What are appropriate topics for 60 year old women? I didn't know they weren't allowed to talk about sex or politics rip4

And not that woke bull. I don't know an artist who used their platform for activism SO many times throughout a 30+ year career

Cultural appropriation is a very stupid concept.

First of all "appropriation" is misleading when applied to something like culture: unlike appropriating a physical object, others imitating an idea taken from one group's culture don't inherently deprive that originating group of its use. 

Secondly, cultural borrowing is a generally positive thing, and is something which is usually done out of admiration, and with no intent to harm, the cultures being imitated. 

We don't decide where we born. it is totally arbitrary in which culture you would end up growing up as a child.  Human beings should be free to travel everywhere in the world and assimilate any other culture.

Different cultures have always been in contact and contaminated in the past. I don't believe in "pure cultures" or people embracing narrow group-based identities too fiercely..to embrace the cultural difference in the world is very important to build your own identity and I think that an idea is worthy only when other people can borrow it.

If an artist only embrace the culture of the birthplace then how can she/he push the boundaries? Take for instance Ray of Light that imitates oriental cultures in such artistic way. We must thank oriental cultures for that masterpiece, you know. 

Finally, music is universal and everyone benefits from a nice song or a nice music videos...Madonna's art is not meant for white people only, you know. oprah11

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

This thread is about an article involving cultural appropriation, and I'm fully allowed to have an opinion agreeing with it nicki6

of course you are allowed to have an opinion, but you and the author of the article call out cultural appropriation in a really tone-deaf way dead2

42 minutes ago, Venom said:

You clearly didn't focus in the subject of the article. ny12

And if you think that it's cultural appreciation or irrelevant or whatever, we can totally move on to having more conversations about her desperation to appeal to children with her dabbles in PC Music and hip-hop, or the time she wrote in her SEX book about her fantasy to have intercourse with a prepubescent child, or when she used an alleged 40+ year old rape story as an unapologetic excuse for her to be comparing minor inconveniences to rape etc. 

Appeal to children by writing "pedophilic" stories? Cause clearly the book is focused to the young audience, and minors were able to buy it back then. Now i've seen everything.

ny12

1 hour ago, Maria said:

whit1whit1whit1whit1 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.