Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jae

You Need To Calm Down (Music Video)

2 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

theyre drag queens mad12 

im sorry im really not up to date with the "tags" we live in today's society bebe1

the other day i was looking for a gay friendly house and discovered so many that i had to google ''cis'' ''queer''.. etc brit3

34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Who is Quinn? brit15 

Oh, a Katy Perry stan I remember from the days I was active on here, might have changed their username Idk brit15 Hope they're enjoying the Katy x Taylor hugging moment tho <3

41 minutes ago, Robert. said:

Oh, a Katy Perry stan I remember from the days I was active on here, might have changed their username Idk brit15 Hope they're enjoying the Katy x Taylor hugging moment tho <3

29 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

@QUINN? brit15 

Oh that Quinnlol3 I thot you meant a stan on Twitter or something who was homophobic kii

I ain’t got nothing nice to say so ima keep it moving! Her haters never win lol3 

48 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I was more talking stylistically 

Oh, okay makes sense. I always liked the song’s visuals but the song was... jj3 

I think this has the better video and a message though so I’m glad she released it cry7 

1 hour ago, Robert. said:

Quinn is a very kind and good-hearted person, pls leave her alone ok thanks cheryl1

-

Anyway, the video is cute and sweet. I loved the Katy cameo <3

21 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Quinn is a very kind and good-hearted person, pls leave her alone ok thanks cheryl1

-

Anyway, the video is cute and sweet. I loved the Katy cameo <3

Oh, it was all in good fun and just a reference to previous stan brawl, I don't even know people like that on here to have any personal grudges lmao

Vidéa still a serve, should have been the lead

3 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

I can put my hand in fire about the fact that this song is a reputation reject. It sounds like Gorgeus 

Really? I don't hear the Gorgeous comparisons and I don't think it sounds like it's from reputation at all ari9 I mean, of course it sounds more in line with that then what she will likely serve this era, similar to how Getaway Car/Gorgeous fit in with 1989 but didn't sound like it really

To me the most accurate comparison would be Sunflower. I've literally been humming the intro in my head and almost started with Sunflower dead2 the vocal flow in the first verse of Sunflower/YNTCD's sound so similar

I literally watched this video numerous times before I could collect my thoughts on it. cry7

This whole idea/concept of neighbourhood that is center of people's individuality is on point. bey7 Taylor really expressed herself ( care-free and relaxed, like flower child in the midst of hurricane ) like one of the main character from all those classic comedy movies, especially in the beginning. She managed to carry overall theme and spirit of the lyrical content so well with all those details and with help of all those cameos. I also felt a bit worried like some of the other members/fans here, because she had already done star-studded video before, but I was also sure she would take different approach. And like it usually happens, it is gradually getting even more visually compelling and complex. I liked how in the LWYMMD video, there were Taylors, but here line-up pays tribute to all other famous world/famous stars. Maybe they should have broken that crown in many little pieces and each one of them could get one part ( something to what Cady did in the Mean Girls jj2 ). 

Like almost everybody else, I also love Taylor's and Katy's scene and all those grabbing and throwing pieces of cake at each other sequences in the end. ari3

It really feels refreshing for Taylor. She is still doing pop, but her style again kind of changed/evolved, at least when it comes to music video. Like, she is perpetually growing with ideas. 

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Really? I don't hear the Gorgeous comparisons and I don't think it sounds like it's from reputation at all ari9 I mean, of course it sounds more in line with that then what she will likely serve this era, similar to how Getaway Car/Gorgeous fit in with 1989 but didn't sound like it really

To me the most accurate comparison would be Sunflower. I've literally been humming the intro in my head and almost started with Sunflower dead2 the vocal flow in the first verse of Sunflower/YNTCD's sound so similar

Also, it has the same melody as Paper Planes by M.I.A.. but anyways i'm sure that considering she has 18 tracks, at least some of them came from reputation sessions and got reworked

5 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

Also, it has the same melody as Paper Planes by M.I.A.. but anyways i'm sure that considering she has 18 tracks, at least some of them came from reputation sessions and got reworked

Yeah I’ve seen that comparison too but I don’t hear it either ari9 

I doubt this is actually from the reputation sessions lol. She doesn’t re-use tracks from album sessions and always creates completely new ones, but besides that the tone/message is very different from that era. She was clearly still hurt and angry and that was reflected in a few of the songs, but now she’s just like... let it go, I’m over it, let’s all be friends. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.