Jump to content

You Need To Calm Down (Music Video)

Recommended Posts

LastGoodbye    92
2 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

theyre drag queens mad12 

im sorry im really not up to date with the "tags" we live in today's society bebe1

the other day i was looking for a gay friendly house and discovered so many that i had to google ''cis'' ''queer''.. etc brit3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert.    12,480
34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Who is Quinn? brit15 

Oh, a Katy Perry stan I remember from the days I was active on here, might have changed their username Idk brit15 Hope they're enjoying the Katy x Taylor hugging moment tho <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jjang    13,460

That was a calculated move, but cute regardless. A very enjoyable message but I don't know... It's not compelling enough for me, the song is pretty dull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craigg    116

I still want a Katy x Taylor song though! But ugh, Taylor you are giving me a million reasons to start stanning you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    178,738
41 minutes ago, Robert. said:

Oh, a Katy Perry stan I remember from the days I was active on here, might have changed their username Idk brit15 Hope they're enjoying the Katy x Taylor hugging moment tho <3

 

29 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

@QUINN? brit15 

Oh that Quinnlol3 I thot you meant a stan on Twitter or something who was homophobic kii

I ain’t got nothing nice to say so ima keep it moving! Her haters never win lol3 

48 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I was more talking stylistically 

Oh, okay makes sense. I always liked the song’s visuals but the song was... jj3 

I think this has the better video and a message though so I’m glad she released it cry7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AGNTEA    2,080
1 hour ago, Robert. said:

Oh, a Katy Perry stan I remember from the days I was active on here, might have changed their username Idk brit15 Hope they're enjoying the Katy x Taylor hugging moment tho <3

Quinn is a very kind and good-hearted person, pls leave her alone ok thanks cheryl1

-

Anyway, the video is cute and sweet. I loved the Katy cameo <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert.    12,480
21 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Quinn is a very kind and good-hearted person, pls leave her alone ok thanks cheryl1

-

Anyway, the video is cute and sweet. I loved the Katy cameo <3

Oh, it was all in good fun and just a reference to previous stan brawl, I don't even know people like that on here to have any personal grudges lmao

 

Vidéa still a serve, should have been the lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rosekesha    2,613

I can put my hand in fire about the fact that this song is a reputation reject. It sounds like Gorgeus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    178,738
3 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

I can put my hand in fire about the fact that this song is a reputation reject. It sounds like Gorgeus 

Really? I don't hear the Gorgeous comparisons and I don't think it sounds like it's from reputation at all ari9 I mean, of course it sounds more in line with that then what she will likely serve this era, similar to how Getaway Car/Gorgeous fit in with 1989 but didn't sound like it really

 

To me the most accurate comparison would be Sunflower. I've literally been humming the intro in my head and almost started with Sunflower dead2 the vocal flow in the first verse of Sunflower/YNTCD's sound so similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghostface    6,954

I literally watched this video numerous times before I could collect my thoughts on it. cry7

This whole idea/concept of neighbourhood that is center of people's individuality is on point. bey7 Taylor really expressed herself ( care-free and relaxed, like flower child in the midst of hurricane ) like one of the main character from all those classic comedy movies, especially in the beginning. She managed to carry overall theme and spirit of the lyrical content so well with all those details and with help of all those cameos. I also felt a bit worried like some of the other members/fans here, because she had already done star-studded video before, but I was also sure she would take different approach. And like it usually happens, it is gradually getting even more visually compelling and complex. I liked how in the LWYMMD video, there were Taylors, but here line-up pays tribute to all other famous world/famous stars. Maybe they should have broken that crown in many little pieces and each one of them could get one part ( something to what Cady did in the Mean Girls jj2 ). 

Like almost everybody else, I also love Taylor's and Katy's scene and all those grabbing and throwing pieces of cake at each other sequences in the end. ari3

It really feels refreshing for Taylor. She is still doing pop, but her style again kind of changed/evolved, at least when it comes to music video. Like, she is perpetually growing with ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rosekesha    2,613
26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Really? I don't hear the Gorgeous comparisons and I don't think it sounds like it's from reputation at all ari9 I mean, of course it sounds more in line with that then what she will likely serve this era, similar to how Getaway Car/Gorgeous fit in with 1989 but didn't sound like it really

 

To me the most accurate comparison would be Sunflower. I've literally been humming the intro in my head and almost started with Sunflower dead2 the vocal flow in the first verse of Sunflower/YNTCD's sound so similar

Also, it has the same melody as Paper Planes by M.I.A.. but anyways i'm sure that considering she has 18 tracks, at least some of them came from reputation sessions and got reworked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    178,738
5 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

Also, it has the same melody as Paper Planes by M.I.A.. but anyways i'm sure that considering she has 18 tracks, at least some of them came from reputation sessions and got reworked

Yeah I’ve seen that comparison too but I don’t hear it either ari9 

I doubt this is actually from the reputation sessions lol. She doesn’t re-use tracks from album sessions and always creates completely new ones, but besides that the tone/message is very different from that era. She was clearly still hurt and angry and that was reflected in a few of the songs, but now she’s just like... let it go, I’m over it, let’s all be friends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleco    469

the video was pretty good she looks so sexy.... and the katy cameo was amazing! i think im like the song now maybe im gonna add to my playlist on spotify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×