Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Cunt

Why Taylor's politicism snapped and Madonna's didn't

Superior pop song?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Superior pop song?

• God Control
    • You Need To Calm Down

I know y'all see me over there on the internet comparing all the girls who are killing it, and that's defeating the whole point, but this is something I'm interested in PSDWKY3.gif

I've posted many a times before on the forum that I think Madonna's political music is dumb; and it seems Taylor is proving my point by comparison ari7 Taylor did everything you SHOULD do and Madonna only did what was convenient to her. Taylor called out 2 specific topics that relate to her and her fanbase (bi/homophobia and stan wars) and gave detail on each within the lyrics; In the video featured a variety of drag queens (A'Keria Davenport, Adore Delano, etc.), LGBT figures (Ellen DeGeneres, Antoni Porowski, etc.), and made peace with her most notable competitor and fellow ally (Katy) for the purpose of ending homophobia! She even created a Change.org petition to further establish her points and make change!

Whereas, Madame X herself, whose stans have terrorized this forum for the past month, referenced a dozen random issues and barely did shit with any of them! She didn't go into detail or make any points or try to start a discussion; she just said "I don't like it! Everyone you need to wake up!!!!", which isn't very helpful when you're not telling people exactly what they need to wake up to or what to do to change it brit1

So what do y'all think? wendy1

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the songs in question their lyrics. 

"And we see you over there on the Internet

Comparing all the girls who are killing it

But we figured your out

We all know now

We all Got Crowns

You need to calm down"

undefined

34 minutes ago, Doja Cat. said:

I think you should shut ths hell up and stop pitting women against each other. Seriously. You people are never satisfied and will literally find anything to make things a competition. Like, fuck, shut up!

Someone SNAPPED more than Tay's politicism. Calm down Sierra.

1 minute ago, Winnie. said:

God control better song actually. 

But madonna is old and irrelevant so no one paid attention anyway, meanwhile Taylor is pandering and needs to stop!

Yes, how DARE celebrities become allies and support us!

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

Yes, how DARE celebrities become allies and support us!

Yes how dare celebrities be silent on issues there whole career and then become a ally when it’s lucrative!

I really trust these celebs to speak up when it really matters and not just when it’s convenient! 

Yes how dare celebrities be silent on issues there whole career and then become a ally when it’s lucrative!

I really trust these celebs to speak up when it really matters and not just when it’s convenient! 

Well color me shocked that an artist that started out doing country music was a little ignorant of the issues surrounding gay rights until they decided to educate themselves.

Just now, Hylia said:

Well color me shocked that an artist that started out doing country music was a little ignorant of the issues surrounding gay rights until they decided to educate themselves.

Yes country music making people anti-lgbt since 1920 clap3 

Not like it’s the 2000s where virtually all information is a click away clap3 

I’m sure the LGBT in the Middle East and Africa being abused and living in fear are so thankful for “but shade never made anybody less gay” clap3 

She needs to get like queen Madonna and kidnap some African babies tay2 

Just now, Winnie. said:

Yes country music making people anti-lgbt since 1920 clap3 

Not like it’s the 2000s where virtually all information is a click away clap3 

Wow, you just eradicated homophobia clap3 

Everyone with internet access is suddenly an LGBT ally clap3 

The point... is... literally.... in.... the....title.... burn1

"We lost God control"  - that alone can be analyzed on various levels.

Serving us God is Dead realness! 

Taylor's "message" seems way too self serving and calculated, sorry. She's just not genuine to me - when both your I'm a bad girl & but now I'm a good girl again eras look and sound disingenuous then that's a red sign for me. So yeah, typical Taylor for you - cute message but 0 merit regardless.

I don't know man, I just find her severely overrated.

Just now, Hylia said:

Just now, Hylia said:

And everyone who listens to country music has a reason to be homophobic clap3 

pls don’t be so hard on the Catholics and Christians clap3 

2 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

And everyone who listens to country music has a reason to be homophobic clap3 

pls don’t be so hard on the Catholics and Christians clap3 

Are you catholic? Were you touched by an angel? clap3