Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

Pitchfork NOT here for Madame X

18 minutes ago, AngryAzalean said:

This album cycle really has informed me more than any other how many "journalists" use there platform to be hateful instead of insightful, I'm going to university to study music journalism next year, by golly I hope I don't meet any of these sad, desperate losers there lol3

Omg make sure to work for a big magazine and give a 100/100 score at Madonna's next album. cry6

11 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Omg make sure to work for a big magazine and give a 100/100 score at Madonna's next album. cry6

skksks I hope I get a good job out of it, I'd be so happy bebe1 oh honey I will be licking Madonna's arsehole even if the album is shite, yes maam alex1

7 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

with hunky Colombian superstar Maluma

The review is legit rav2

This review was shit. He was also exposed to do the same thing to Gaga and an e-mail as proof was leaked on Twitter... Stans should not review music, I mean, a Mariah / Janet stan reviewing Madonna? Now make him review Jlo and Ariana too!

Check this https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2005/11/the_queen_is_hy.html

Some hours ago he said: "I like Madonna"
At the thread (that was posted years ago): "I don't like Madonna"

Some hours he dragged MX lyrics while she was talking about some serious issues.
At the thread (that was posted years ago): "The notion that Madonna should do anything but turn out mindless dance music is absurd"

fall9fall9fall9fall9fall9fall9fall9fall9

From fb

"Hiring stan who has been having personal issues with Madonna and who was banned from Pop Justice forum because of this to write the review for Madame X makes Pitchfork look unprofessional. Goodbye Pitchfork." 

rip1

The review backfired at them hard 240 comments and maybe 3 haters agree with it, rest is people being mad for so obviously biased hate ny2

Yeah. I am puzzled. I mean, everyone is entitled to her/his opinion. The fact that he does not like Madonna is fine. I do not like Carey and Katy Perry for instance. That being said, what puzzles me is 1. That he cannot even try to give an unbiased opinion about, what is obviously, a good record (critics wise minus personal preferences) and 2. That pitchfork, a published media, is acknowledging a review from a very vocal hater of Madonna. 

The entire thing seems very biased, once again, against her. Also besides this, pitchfork seems to operate like this all the time, which really makes me question their editorial line

This is why no one takes journalism, let alone music journalism, seriously anymore. You can't let a biased stan write a review for someone they don't like. This entire review reeks of misogyny, ageism, and is totally inaccurate.... how does "Crave" resemble a WBT? It just sounds like he wanted to plug his fave's name in the review again. Pitchfork and any other publication who hire biased stans like him are just ruining their credibility even more

1 minute ago, Darlin said:

This is why no one takes journalism, let alone music journalism, seriously anymore. You can't let a biased stan write a review for someone they don't like. This entire review reeks of misogyny, ageism, and is totally inaccurate.... how does "Crave" resemble a WBT? It just sounds like he wanted to plug his fave's name in the review again. Pitchfork and any other publication who hire biased stans like him are just ruining their credibility even more

Update: Madonna fans exposed a racist letter written by him too. We end him slowly. lol3

Aren't we all getting a little old for Pitchfad in 2019? It's the streaming age. NO ONE cares for music blogger reviews lol3 Madge will be fine. She still got a gig at 60 - most of these glorified Idolator contributors won't be able to say the same when the time comes lol3

10 hours ago, Urbanov said:

I think it was explained in one of their “inbox” feature as far as I remember!!! Definitely when it comes to giving a BNM it’s not up to any reviewer, I’d assume when it comes to any other review it still must be approved by some of the head editors anyway considering there’s so many people who write reviews on their page it would be quite dumb to let the newbies basically do whatever they want to and rate the albums how they wish shrug1 

Best New Music would make sense - but that's absolutely not the same as your claim that each score is agreed upon by the full staff of contributors. And of course any reviews or articles for that matter get neutrally fact checked and modified - but once again, that's not the same as what you previously claimed. And like I said, had it been 2.5/5 stars but with a fair review, I would have taken it seriously. I agree with their Confessions review (6.2) and at the same time I think their LAP review is lame (9.0). So it's not half as much about the score as its about noting how the writer clearly has a certain personal agenda that he wanted to put out through this review. And to me, especially with a publication as respected as Pitchfork, that is completely and utterly unprofessional. 

He is good at making snarky remarks but they are blocked by his poor analytical skills and reflective cynicism. I mean, he couldn't even get the surface level meaning of Killers (for example, she's not merely sympathizing with anyone as much as she's presenting a concept - hence the Israel line.) So to even dare calling it wannabe deep when he couldn't even get the most shallow messages right (or downright asking us what these songs mean, smh) is pure self projecting and less than smart. Sorry. Unnecessarily name dropping Mariah, ending it with a clear jab at her age note... there's no way in hell this wasn't written with a certain motive in mind. 

So yeah, I DM-ed him on Instagram for the sake of it. If he replies, I'll clock his ass & screenshot for a hit thread! burn1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.