Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

idrk

Recommendations?

hi so I've heard roughly 3 madonna songs and I think its about time to dig deeperjj2 im really new to madonna and what I typically do with artists I wanna get into or I'm new to is ask people who like them what their best songs are/ what their best album is/ where a good place to start is/ recommendations and make a playlist out of the responses and then when I have the time sit down and listen to all their albums in full because wow madonna has a lot of albumsjj3 anyway I'm excited to get into her from what I've heard I think I might like her any responses are appreciateddead7

You should start with her greatest hits albums and based on the songs you liked/loved you should check out their parent albums. Her greatest hits albums are: The Immaculate Collection, GHV2 and Celebration. If you are too lazy to do that, I recommend you start from the first album so you get to experience her music chronologically. Subjectively, her best albums are:

1. Ray of Light
  2. Erotica
  3. Confessions on a Dance Floor
  4. Like a Prayer

Hope I helped. moo1

13 minutes ago, idrk said:

hi so I've heard roughly 3 madonna songs and I think its about time to dig deeperjj2 im really new to madonna and what I typically do with artists I wanna get into or I'm new to is ask people who like them what their best songs are/ what their best album is/ where a good place to start is/ recommendations and make a playlist out of the responses and then when I have the time sit down and listen to all their albums in full because wow madonna has a lot of albumsjj3 anyway I'm excited to get into her from what I've heard I think I might like her any responses are appreciateddead7

Start with Celebration compilation. 

2 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Confessions on a Dance Floor, American Life, Music, Rebel Heart would be probably best ones to start, from oldies True Blue probably and you can of course check out my personal favourite Erotica sass5

Damn, you really want your stanbase to rot if youre starting people with Rebel Heart ari9

If pop music is your fave genre I would say Rebel Heart is probably the best to start with, Hard Candy is kind of underrated too, MDNA has a few good songs too but it's not a great album, and ofc all her older singles which you can find on the Celebration album are a MUST listen, classic after CLASSIC alex1

26 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Confessions on a Dance Floor, American Life, Music, Rebel Heart would be probably best ones to start, from oldies True Blue probably and you can of course check out my personal favourite Erotica sass5

American Life is too moody for a start. Especially for a stan of Kesha and some other latest artists. sia2 

Listening to more accessible music would be a smart move before listening to Erotica, AL and some other stuff. 

That isn't a rule. I have liked Erotica from the start, even though that wasn't really my type of pop music at that time. eve1 

2 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

RH is great start to listen to Madonna its mix old and new Madonna shrug1

Just because you dont like it, it doesnt mean its a bad album shrug1

Yes, RH is basically a collection of different Madonna sounds.

It is like a hit compilation, but every song is a new song. eve1 

7 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

RH is great start to listen to Madonna its mix old and new Madonna shrug1

Just because you dont like it, it doesnt mean its a bad album shrug1

By that logic, anyone of yall saying "MDNO" can choke cause MDNA is objectively a good album outside of Some Girls bey9

6 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Its not bad but for her standards it was kinda uncreative interesting1

Meanwhile Madame X was kinda lazy and Rebel Heart suffered a dramatic quality loss in the post-leak remixing, your point? interesting1 

9 minutes ago, Venom said:

Meanwhile Madame X was kinda lazy and Rebel Heart suffered a dramatic quality loss in the post-leak remixing, your point? interesting1 

No one sane is going to call MX lazy jj4

The second one is obviously true, leak ruined that era hard shrug1

Im not making any points, you are the one attacking my sugestions to new listener ari11

1 hour ago, Agent X said:

Especially for a stan of Kesha and some other latest artists. sia2 

I listen to a lot of older artists too like jojo  and Britney (old+ new music ) and I listen to pretty much every genre that isn’t like heavy metal 

anyway thank y'all for all ur responses I’ll read them all when I go home fotp on mobile is messyari9

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.