I Rise - Official Video

34 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

It's a video inspired by the song, not a music video, it's literally in the title rip4 

Its madonna & the times cooperation

"A new video inspired by the song, created by Madonna and TIME Studios" 

Its literally in the article jj4

Freaky Prince    32,268
14 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Its madonna & the times cooperation

"A new video inspired by the song, created by Madonna and TIME Studios" 

Its literally in the article jj4

It's a video, not a music video jj4

Lucifer's Angel    11,897

the video is a jumble of cliches that anyone could have produced. Too many different themes mixed together can only make the message confused and generic. I guess the "powerful message" is that no matter what, we are going to rise above. Basically, for Madonna it is granted that we are going to rise up together. A very trivial message that does not reflect the reality: humans are not becoming wiser but more destructive, as proved by the millions of people murdered everyday by the weapons and wars. I mean, it is easy to preach about rising up against any kind of injustice. But how? She says by holding on some unknown magic and that everything is gonna be alright...like the US movies actors say when something really bad happens, but that works in the movies.. You can call me weak, but I don't have the strength to rise up against the all fucking society. I don't have the strength to rise up against someone who's pointing a gun against me, and often there is no way to run from someone who got a gun. Madonna saying that nobody can hurt you but how is that truth if guns are allowed? Seriously, let's have a look at this recycled lyrics from a RH demo:

Freedom's what you choose to do with what's been done to you
No one can hurt you now unless you want them to (unless you want)

I mean, if someone got a gun against you, you are fucked up regardless if you want it or not. The superficial and very repetitive lyrics are are just annoying cliche that ruin the powerful speech of Emma at the beginning.  Moreover, the production is underwhelming. The hook is extremely weak, the beat is so bland and the melody is so forgettable. 

On top of that in the video it is shown a gay couple holding an extremely young baby and that made me cringe: I'm against gay people being parents cuz kids (especially in very young age) should benefit from both male and female energies.