Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Daenerys

'You Need To Calm Down' as the lead single?

8 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

You Need To Calm Down is by far the better song, but i don't really think it's lead single material. 

I sort of agree with this but it doesn't sound like lead material, it sounds like after material or something lol.

Me! Ofc is gonna be messy little since she does quirky weird fun lead singles each time new era starts when she wants to put new record out. Its fun song but her second singles always get deeper and better than lead ones in some ways 

YNTCD is a better song than ME! for sure,, I love the message it is portraying, but I agree with the other comments they are both are not lead single material. I'm hoping for some Max Martin/Jack Antonoff bops on Lover those men know how to make good Taylor pop songs. 

I was thinking about this earlier and I think YNTCD would've been a perfect lead but not under the current circumstances. This song is never going to be a megasmash because of the gay references, people just aren't gonna use it since the message isn't exactly universal and the video is too 'gay' for the GP sadly. But let's say, the song focused just around the message of not being a jerk and letting people live and didn't directly mention gays... I think it would've done really well as the lead single. Video could've kept the same aesthetic too tbh because she could've centered it around the same party but not only gays I guess?

It's really sad we have to think about this because people still hate us so much that if a song even says that you shouldn't be mean to us... the GP won't use it lol3 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.