Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Madonna: No [pop star] takes the risks that I take

26 minutes ago, Doja Cat. said:

She, as usual, is giving herself way too much credit LOL.

Fr you sing about life is a mystery + a hustle and suddenly you're Gandhi

madonna's not lying

200.gif

and her risks come off as the most genuine

200.gif

the only other pop girl that was really spreading awareness the way madge did was queen janet with rhythm nation, janet. and tvr

200.gif

disrespecting legends will never be cute

200.gif

5 hours ago, Venom said:

We're really gonna act like the trend of supporting the gays wasnt started by Judy Garland?

No one previous to Madonna brought gay culture to the mainstream forefront. That's what differentiates mere support from social impact. It's so easy to support the LGBT community in western media nowadays. It's not the same.

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

No one previous to Madonna brought gay culture to the mainstream forefront. That's what differentiates mere support from social impact. It's so easy to support the LGBT community in western media nowadays. It's not the same.

Cher was supporting gays before Madonna was even dreaming about becoming a singer

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Imagine recording a song in 60s that LGBTQ+ community could relate to! UGH ONLY THE FIRST TRUE GAY ICON 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I’d argue Mariah was much more daring with LGBT staple Rainbow. After her stark tradition into Butterfly, and the urban and African American market, she released the gay album anthem. Having personally experience the everpresent homophobia in the black community as a result of the omnipresence of Christianity. Ms.Carey was much more daring and provocative than anything Madonna ever did.

Imagine portraying a lesbian in a movie from the early 80s and getting nominated for an Academy Award 😍😍😍😍😍😍 CHER: BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, LEGENDARY SINGER AND ACTRESS AND OG GAY ICON AND SUPPORTER

On 6/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, Freaky Prince said:

We're gonna act like Madonna didn't jump on the RnB bandwagon in the 90s and dropped Bedtime Stories in order to cleanse her image after Erotica and then released a ballads compilation? nicki5

Sis Something to remember was released only to soften her image and prepare general public for Evita. That's all.

22 hours ago, Doja Cat. said:

She, as usual, is giving herself way too much credit LOL.

Someone has to, since people disrespecting her nowadays while she has a huge impact on music, culture and society. Even the LGBT community disrespects her just cause they stan Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift etc and they have to cancel M to make their faves look better.

giphy.gif

For example:

22 hours ago, Venom said:

Fr you sing about life is a mystery + a hustle and suddenly you're Gandhi

16 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Someone has to, since people disrespecting her nowadays while she has a huge impact on music, culture and society. Even the LGBT community disrespects her just cause they stan Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift etc and they have to cancel M to make their faves look better.

giphy.gif

For example:

Sis, nobody's denying that Vogue and Erotica were moments in pop culture, but some of the shit she says makes her sound like an arrogant A-hole ari9

For example:

On 6/21/2019 at 7:01 AM, Venus XCX said:

Right now I can't think of anybody that's does what I do, or takes the risks that I take.

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Okay, we could say the same for Joanne and ASIB? nicki5

And what was so controversial about Gaga? Cause I think you’re confusing two different terms: polarizing and controversial

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.