Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kylie

Iggy Azalea | In My Defense | July 19th, 2019

the only song i HATE are Fuck it Up

the only meh songs are Big Bag and Hoemitta (wouldve been EONS better solo)

the rest are on the godly tier mess1 

2 hours ago, Sheezus said:

Disappointed TBH. All the best songs were singles and the production is pretty tacky for the other tracks. I had higher hopes. STS remains her best body of work IMO.

i agree here, but lets not dismiss this record as garbage or just plain tacky. clap1 

27 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

i agree here, but lets not dismiss this record as garbage or just plain tacky. clap1 

Just Wanna is about the record's only redeeming factor I reckon. That doesn't makeup for these overt problems of every other song having bad lyrics, bad production or both. Sally Walker and Started aren't that bright lyrically. Just catchy.

6 hours ago, AngryAzalean said:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the album tbh 

Basically she didn't defend herself and released an album of tracks that sound like poor SUS outtakes. I didn't think of how much she actually could've addressed. Bored of her talking about money so much too. At least TNC/Reclassified had some variety. And I'd say the Cardi B comparison is weak, because IoP was pretty good for a female rap album lyrically and production wise, whereas IMD is pretty shit IMO.

26 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Basically she didn't defend herself and released an album of tracks that sound like poor SUS outtakes. I didn't think of how much she actually could've addressed. Bored of her talking about money so much too. At least TNC/Reclassified had some variety. And I'd say the Cardi B comparison is weak, because IoP was pretty good for a female rap album lyrically and production wise, whereas IMD is pretty shit IMO.

Couldnt agree with you more tbh. IOP had variety in subject at least, IMD I was hoping would be more autobiographical but it wasnt. Its the same braggadocious ass throwing trap music thats been popular since 2016 and although I like it on occasion its shallow af. The album is NOT it at all imo. But hey at least shes doing something.

2 hours ago, AngryAzalean said:

Couldnt agree with you more tbh. IOP had variety in subject at least, IMD I was hoping would be more autobiographical but it wasnt. Its the same braggadocious ass throwing trap music thats been popular since 2016 and although I like it on occasion its shallow af. The album is NOT it at all imo. But hey at least shes doing something.

She should have more ghost co-writers. SUS is loaded with writers and IMD isn't. She needs a lot of writing support obviously.

10 hours ago, Sheezus said:

She should have more ghost co-writers. SUS is loaded with writers and IMD isn't. She needs a lot of writing support obviously.

sksks a kii giveup1yeah she wrote IMD pretty much by herself which goes to show she's definietly not a hook writer cuz the chorus's on IMD suck and pretty much are all one note just like the songs. She's so much better as a pop artist tbh, she doesn't even need to go pop though, I think she does need other writers to brighten the songs more and bring more concept to it. 

At least we know now her abilities as a rapper with her own pen, she can write some bars but sis has no chorus ideas whatsoever giveup1

10 hours ago, AngryAzalean said:

sksks a kii giveup1yeah she wrote IMD pretty much by herself which goes to show she's definietly not a hook writer cuz the chorus's on IMD suck and pretty much are all one note just like the songs. She's so much better as a pop artist tbh, she doesn't even need to go pop though, I think she does need other writers to brighten the songs more and bring more concept to it. 

At least we know now her abilities as a rapper with her own pen, she can write some bars but sis has no chorus ideas whatsoever giveup1

I reckon working with other people would help her come up with more good ideas herself, because there's less pressure for her to carry so much. And more ideas creates more ideas so...

2 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

I reckon working with other people would help her come up with more good ideas herself, because there's less pressure for her to carry so much. And more ideas creates more ideas so...

Absolutely. I hope she doesnt work with JWhite again bey7eve1

1 minute ago, AngryAzalean said:

Absolutely. I hope she doesnt work with JWhite again bey7eve1

She needs to build and rebuild connections with artists who aren't just top 40 male rappers. Cause they're not helping the quality all that much and her most successful tracks are mostly female duo collaborations.

13 hours ago, Sheezus said:

She needs to build and rebuild connections with artists who aren't just top 40 male rappers. Cause they're not helping the quality all that much and her most successful tracks are mostly female duo collaborations.

I wish she'd work with the Invisible Men again giveup1 even Chordz too!

It bops and All but she should’ve been more autobiographical with the lyricsgaga6 to be more honest, she could’ve gave us the TRAP/hoe anthems but also provided a story (her label troubles) along with them. She probably half-baked this because of her being Indie and still wanting attentionwendy4

3 minutes ago, LetoyaLuckettStan said:

It bops and All but she should’ve been more autobiographical with the lyricsgaga6 to be more honest, she could’ve gave us the TRAP/hoe anthems but also provided a story (her label troubles) along with them. She probably half-baked this because of her being Indie and still wanting attentionwendy4

I agree. it felt quite reductive after awhile because of all the hoe anthems 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.