Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Unapologetic Bitch

PopCrave: Madonna Cements Herself As A Musical Chameleon With ‘Madame X’

“She is a cha cha instructor, a professor, a head of state, a teacher, a nun,” is how Madonna describes her most recent alter ego covering her latest album, Madame X. In the months anticipating its release, the pop icon teased fans with imagery of the eye-patched emissary, in addition to releasing several collaborations featuring Maluma, Quavo, and Swae Lee. Some reviews deem the pop star’s latest release as a bizarre and rambunctious mixture of sound, when in fact, these things make for an interesting and compelling piece of work. This metamorphosis of sound and image reveals not only that Madonna is still a master of her craft, but that she can continue to captivate audiences with bold creativity.

The diversity of Madonna’s discography spans far and wide, ranging from the 1984 classic “Like a Virgin,” to her evolution into modern sound with “Ray of Light.” Throughout these changing eras, the music legend managed to remain at the top of her game, morphing from one persona to the next in an almost seamless way. Her new album is certainly no exception, solidifying Madonna as an ever-evolving songstress with an eye for all things avant-garde.

The singer can add being trilingual to her list of talents, as the album includes songs in English, Portuguese, and Spanish. Influenced predominately from her time living in Lisbon, Portugal, the “Hung Up” belter’s newest release boasts a host of musical influences. Songs like “Faz Gostoso” featuring Anitta and “Medellín” featuring Maluma are testaments to Madge’s rare ability to effectively cross musical genres. Even more noticeable on one her solo tracks, “Crazy,” Madonna exudes a comfortable incorporation of both her personal style and an appreciation for multicultural artistry.

Further embellishing Madame X‘s tinge of musical experimentation, Madonna includes hints of hip hop on the songs “Future” featuring Quavo and “Crave” with Swae Lee. But the album’s prized gems are arguably the dance-floor anthems “God Control” and “I Don’t Search I Find,” which are reminiscent of Confessions on a Dance Floor.

Opening with a somber choir and a call to action advocating for gun control in America, “God Control” gives way to a disco wonderland. “This is your wake up call,” Madonna utters over the sounds of two gunshots and a boogie beat, a seemingly paradoxical juxtaposition. By being able to make us dance to a grim message with a celebratory tone, it is evident that Madame X herself is able to successfully apply her artistry in every facet.

According to Billboard, over 90% of Madonna’s 17-show-run in New York is sold out, in addition to Madame X being expected to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart with 90k-100k copies, giving the “Music” singer her first number one since her 2012 anthology, MDNA.

If Madame X tells us anything, it’s that Madonna still takes her artistry and legacy seriously. The icon has added yet another acclaimed piece to her body of work that also happens to be one of her most eccentric efforts yet, which in turn, may become her most successful.

https://www.popcravenews.com/madonna-cements-herself-as-a-musical-chameleon-with-madame-x/

3 hours ago, isrobi said:

Just such a shame she is not looking for more recognition and sales/chart success...other than that she is still the Queen

shes alerady shown that she's successful. she doesnt really need to have another hit to still be called the queen of pop.

14 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

shes alerady shown that she's successful. she doesnt really need to have another hit to still be called the queen of pop.

Agreed - at this point she only needed to show that she could still release relevant (and I don't mean commercially) and good music, and she did! bebe1 I still can't believe it 'cause I've been hating on her previous album so much to the point I had 0 hope in her delivering the goods. But she did giveup3

20 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Agreed - at this point she only needed to show that she could still release relevant (and I don't mean commercially) and good music, and she did! bebe1 I still can't believe it 'cause I've been hating on her previous album so much to the point I had 0 hope in her delivering the goods. But she did giveup3

MDNO and Repel Charts were her lowest point in her career bebe1 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

Not to this generation 

being known to old gays and her generation is not an achievement 

4 minutes ago, isrobi said:

Not to this generation 

we (this generation) know who Madonna is.

2 minutes ago, isrobi said:

Which is not enough to sell music 

but being Madonna, she's already cemented herself as a legend that has seen success.

12 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

but being Madonna, she's already cemented herself as a legend that has seen success.

Nowadays everyone is considered a legend after one hit so is nothing to brag about 

and we do know Madge is a legend and Queen but that is not enough to sell her album or stream her music and stay relevant

Just now, isrobi said:

Nowadays everyone is considered a legend after one hit so is nothing to brag about 

and we do know Madge is a legend and Queen but that is not enough to sell her album or stream her music and stay relevant

lol no. people joke about their faves being legend, but never really mean it. at least thats what i see it as.

2 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

lol no. people joke about their faves being legend, but never really mean it. at least thats what i see it as.

Awwww nope 

Ariana Lady Ga Ga even Camila is a legend etc I have seen many threads and fan wars and twitter is flooded with them so 

4 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Gurl you will be shocked to see a 20+ years old person saying that Beyonce is more legendary than Madonna already, and ACTUALLY believing it. sha1 He also said that Madonna didn't influence Beyonce and that Beyonce doesn't have any similarity with Madonna. Ppl posted him Beyonce saying "I want to follow Madonna's career footsteps" and he kept saying the same thing. Younger stans are obsessed with fame and success and they will say many stupid things to make their fave look the best. sha1

1 hour ago, isrobi said:

Awwww nope 

Ariana Lady Ga Ga even Camila is a legend etc I have seen many threads and fan wars and twitter is flooded with them so 

Stan Twitter is just a bunch of children fighting for no goddamn reason.

2 hours ago, isrobi said:

Not to this generation 

Literally what is this? bebe1 

Relevance is not an achievement, the way she fought for so many gay rights and put herself out there and used her voice for topics that matter she will be remembered by not only the gays but the newer generations of the gays too.

She is known by all of the generations, do not underestimate Madonna's power just because her latest musical projects haven't been as huge as her albums during her prime. She's one of the biggest people the world has ever known. 

Imo, the best selling music today does not mean quality. I mean, I am 26 and more into Madonna’s discography than any of the newer pop artists we have. In an ideal world, I would love Madonna to sell a lot (that being said she still took the #1 spot), but if she has to deliver quality over meaningless radio crafted song, than I choose the first option, which is what Madame X is for me. For instance, Killers is not a song meant for radio but goddamn the instrumental is good and the lyrics more pertinent than half of what we hear nowadays. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.