Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Is Miley "what's good" Cyrus past the point of relevancy?

Is Mileys Virus past the point of musical relevancy?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Question Title

• Yes, i do think Miley overdid it in 2013 and pushed herself to irrelevancy.
    • No, i admit i am deluded and think the unauthentic daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus could score another solo top #10 Billboard #hot100 hit.

So Miley Cyrus hasn't had a Solo top 10 hit in the UK since Wrecking Ball and hasn't had one in the US since then either (If you exclude Malibu which peaked at #10). 

Did she overexpose herself in 2013 and drive the public to the point where no1curr?

Do you think Miley can reclaim her faux throne as a main pop girl? Or will the unauthentic foot licking "Ready, Set, Don't Go" singer remain best known for having a feud with Ninki, failing at dissing legends like Mariah and having the shortest career peak ever?

People like Agugaga try and call Ariana a fad, but at least her career peak lasting longer than two songs. 

Also where have Demi Potato and Selena "I can't hear you" Gomez been. 

1 minute ago, harry said:

Why would we exclude Malibu since it was, indeed, a top 10 hit in the US? brit15

But yes Miley is donE. Ashley O is the new supreme. rav1

Because it only peaked at #10 and i was trying to make a point about her being a flop now. brit15

Who the fuck is Ash Lee Hoe? 

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Because it only peaked at #10 and i was trying to make a point about her being a flop now. brit15

Who the fuck is Ash Lee Hoe? 

Oh honey. 

DeliciousUntimelyBuck-max-1mb.gif

Miley didn't overdo it in 2013, she overdid it after the fact by running the provocative image to death with the Dead Flopz era wendy1

Also Demi's a fad; Selena could get another hit if she cared about having an active career in music

It's honestly one of the worst attempts at a diss ever. 

Spoiler

In her new Elle cover story, Cyrus said she's never really connected with the iconic singer's music. 

"I've never really been a fan, because it's so much about Mariah Carey," she said. "That's part of her shtick; I can see through that. That's part of what makes her a gay icon; like, it's about Mimi! It's about what she's wearing, and it's about her." 

In contrast, Cyrus said that she's not trying to be the focus of her music. 

"What I make isn't about me," she said. "It's about sharing my story; it's about someone being connected to what I'm saying."

Thankfully Aunt Wendy set her straight.

She isn't wrong in some aspects of what she said about Mariah, but yeah... probably should've kept quiet.

Miley's been done since Bangerz. She had constant TV and music exposure thanks to Hannah Montana... she went TOO extreme in trying to separate herself from her TV persona, lost a chunk of fans, and then proceeded to wait forever to release Malibu. (We won't even talk about Dead Petz.) Her promoting of Malibu and Younger Now was almost nonexistent and didn't gain traction with the GP as it should have. She tanked any possibility of being anywhere near as relevant as Taylor or Ariana with Bangerz.

Nonetheless, she's doing what she loves, she's happy, why should we care?

Just now, BlancMac said:

Demetria's probably taking care of her twin sister, Poot.

Selena's probably an recording an ASMR song/

Selena's vocals are like ASMR when your earphones have a loose connection. 

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Selena's vocals are like ASMR when your earphones have a loose connection. 

Her songs puts me to sleep. I regretted even listening to her last album. I think she peaked with Love You Like A Love Song or whatever correct title the song has. 

3 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

Her songs puts me to sleep. I regretted even listening to her last album. I think she peaked with Love You Like A Love Song or whatever correct title the song has. 

Is that the song that goes "I love you like beep beep beep beep beep beep beep"?

She's one of the few singers that never sounds pleasant. 

Just now, I Brings That Levity said:

Is that the song that goes "I love you like beep beep beep beep beep beep beep"?

She's one of the few singers that never sounds pleasant. 

I think most Disney ex-acts are not great singers (Except for Demi, Xtina, and Britney-before she was forced to do the baby doll voice are great singers) Miley's well, she used to be a good singer but all that smoking destroyed her somewhat 'good' voice. Selena never had any singing abilities....

On 6/26/2019 at 8:12 PM, Venom said:

Demi's a fad

Demi's last era was her prime, and now when she got Scooter by her side she will do way better than both Miley & Selena

Just now, rosekesha said:

Demi's last era was her prime, and now she got Scooter by her side she will do way better than both Miley & Selena

Delusion; convince yourself

She's beautiful and very talented and I like her music. Not all of it, but enough of it for sure. I wish she would try making a legit country album. Not watered down country inspired pop like Younger Now, but legit country 

On 6/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, I Brings That Levity said:

So Miley Cyrus hasn't had a Solo top 10 hit in the UK since Wrecking Ball and hasn't had one in the US since then either (If you exclude Malibu which peaked at #10). 

That makes no sense. She's had a top 10 hit since Wrecking Ball then, why would we not count that? #10 is a top 10 even if it's the bottom of the top 10. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.