Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Why do today's main pop artists no longer talk about political issues?

Far too many musicians in the current generation are stuck up in this fantasy where everything is perfect, or about bragging over what you have. Yet here we have Madonna almost 40 years in to her career still bringing the major issues of today to the spotlight through music and visual art. Madonna has made her career from taking these sorts of risks, risks that could threaten her life or see her career ended - yet she powers on and continues to deliver where other's fail. People call her delusional or just wanting attention, but in reality Madame X is raising awareness of all that's wrong in our world and fighting for what she (and anyone sane) sees right. 

Why is it that the generation of today are too scared to speak out? 

Spoiler

No i don't regard having a same sex kiss in your music video a "political" move anymore, it's just extra publicity at this point.

So before you bring up YNTCD by Taylor you can sit right back down.  rav2

Maybe you choose not to listen?

Rihanna just said  that few days ago 

And also spread awareness to the crisis in Sudan. (Just to mention some recent stuff) 

I mean the good girl even got an honorary degree from Harvard for her humanitarian work. 

11 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:
Spoiler

No i don't regard having a same sex kiss in your music video a "political" move anymore, it's just extra publicity at this point.

So before you bring up YNTCD by Taylor you can sit right back down.  rav2

Why are you mad?
When you could be GLAAD? (You could be GLAAD)

Sunshine on the street at the parade
But you would rather be in the dark age
Just makin' that sign must've taken all night
You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace
And control your urges to scream about all the people you hate
'Cause shade never made anybody less gay

rav3

also

5 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Rihanna just said  that few days ago 

And also spread awareness to the crisis in Sudan. 

I mean the good girl even got an honorary degree from Harvard for her humanitarian work. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Why are you mad?
When you could be GLAAD? (You could be GLAAD)

Sunshine on the street at the parade
But you would rather be in the dark age
Just makin' that sign must've taken all night
You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace
And control your urges to scream about all the people you hate
'Cause shade never made anybody less gay

You are both missing the point though, these are all issues that most/the majority of people agree with. What Madonna is talking about is far far far more controversial and risky. While i like the Taylor song, it's more corny than political if i'm honest. 

You can see some artists talking about political/social issues but many are scared to do it through their music, maybe they're scared they will lose their popularity idk. bebe1

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

You are both missing the point though, these are all issues that most/the majority of people agree with. What Madonna is talking about is far far far more controversial and risky. While i like the Taylor song, it's more corny than political if i'm honest. 

how is gun control more controversial and risky than equality? um2 

Just now, Madame X said:

You can see some artists talking about political/social issues but many are scared to do it through their music, maybe they're scared they will lose their popularity idk. bebe1

somebody needs to fix your avi jj3 

its grainy as fuck jj3 

lemme try jj3 

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Gun control is something controversial? Girl bebe1 if that’s controversial, it’s also controversial that Rihanna speaks out about immigrantion. 

Madonna spread her ideas through music and using that as her platform which other girls rarely do. But to completely say that other are not talking about political issues is wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

somebody needs to fix your avi jj3 

its grainy as fuck jj3 

lemme try jj3 

Yeah, also God Control shows very "brutal" scenes that not many artists would dare to add in their music videos, even nowadays. jj3

I don't know how to word a reply without directly contradicting past things I've said on this forum ari9

While I think a lot of political pop music can be awful (not only in the self-serving way but in regards to quality) and renders it as only having 1 or 2 intentional listens; I agree that more pop girls need to speak up about shit. The only artists I'll generally excuse are Britney (100% not allowed to release music that isnt about relationships), and then Katy and Ariana (have mental health issues and trauma to heal from).

Some of y'all are delusional by thinking irrelevant statements in interviews nobody will watch actually do anything; NONE of the pop girls would have the balls to do something like the God Control video and that's facts!

Most people would agree in equality. However there's still a much larger number who feel they require the right to own firearms. It's a much more controversial topic at this point than gay rights are (in America). And talking about it like Madonna has is far more risky than having a rainbow flag and a few gays in your MV.

Lets not forget, this exists....

2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Yeah, also God Control shows very "brutal" scenes that not many artists would dare to add in their music, even nowadays. jj3

Also this ^^^

Just now, Venom said:

Some of y'all are delusional by thinking irrelevant statements in interviews nobody will watch actually do anything; NONE of the pop girls would have the balls to do something like the God Control video and that's facts!

And this ^^^

13 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Yeah, also God Control shows very "brutal" scenes that not many artists would dare to add in their music videos, even nowadays. jj3

i tried but its basically the same bebe1

eANCpA0.gif

Social media? Most of them got their relevancy thanks to social media and if they make one wrong move their whole careers could sunk to the deep end.

That's why artists like Madonna or Beyoncé, who started their careers before the 00's and are now established can pull off things like this.

lady-gaga-protest-trump-tower.jpg

+ Superbowl intro, countless LGBTQ empowering, BTW Foundation, 2016 election etc etc. gaga13

But you can't expect this from today's pop "artists". Their career would end faster than you can say Ferrari lol3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.