Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

Kylie - "I have material from previous records to explore"

Translated from Italian so a bit off in some places

Creating the new greatest hits Step back in time , released two days ago, was like opening a drawer of memories for Kylie Minogue. "Usually I'm not one who looks back, but this work brought me back to my first song. I fished Polaroid machines and cassette tapes, things when there weren't even CDs ».

In recent weeks the Australian pop star (now permanently British) has also spread its social media with these flashbacks. Photos that portray her with a sparkling permanent 80s at the time of "I should be so lucky" or clips from the 90s hits like "Can't get you out of my head". A gradual approach to this «definitive collection» that includes 41 successes plus the unpublished «New York City» with which he retraced over 30 years of music together with his Lovers (as he calls the fans): «I have no regrets. Of course, there are things I would have done differently. But everything brought me here. "

Fifty-one years, a mix of charm, strength and fragility that also spreads via telephone, Kylie has sold over 80 million records, won a Grammy, two MTV Awards, three Brit Awards, is an icon of beauty and femininity, as well as an Lgbt idol. "Sometimes I wonder where I find the energy to continue. It takes passion and determination and it's important to have a good team. But there are days when I think I can't do it - confesses—-. In this work, however, you always learn new things. And I keep in mind that I earned everything, without shortcuts. When I started, I knew nothing about this world ».

No shortcut either to arrive at the "Legends Slot" of Glastonbury , the space that the English festival reserves every year for the myths of music, where it is expected today: "I am honored and excited. Sometimes I stare too much at the details, but it's about sharing 30 years of history with a huge crowd and I know it will fly in a breath, so I'll try to enjoy every second ».

On the same stage, in 2014, the country star Dolly Parton also passed, and Kylie adores: «Dolly is a mountain in the music industry, I like her spirit and her energy. His name will remain forever ». But the appointment at "Glasto" is particularly significant also because the blonde pop star should have taken part in it in 2005. It was cancer that stopped her: "The road to Glastonbury was long and bumpy. But it's life. And I'm really grateful now that I can be there. "

How do you face tough challenges like a tumor? "Everyone has a different story - he reflects - but what I can say is: let your friends and family take care of you, especially if you don't usually do it. Be strong, but also allow yourself to be vulnerable, it does not mean that you are failing, it means dealing with emotions. You will see that you will find your new normality ».

Kylie returned to the stage the following year, in a battle won, between the support of the public and of many colleagues. One at random, Madonna, with whom fans have been dreaming of a duet for years: "If we were ever to make a song together, there would be such high expectations that we should have an incredible piece. I'm a fan of his like always and I'm glad he's back. "

In the greatest hits, the duet with Nick Cave's "Where the Wild Roses Grow" is not missing, which in 2018 the two re-performed at the All Points East festival in London: "I admire it and love it so much that every occasion on stage with him is precious. And last year's was our best performance. Usually the text for the emotion is wrong, for once it came to me right ».

For the future, Kylie Minogue anticipates, "I have material from previous records to explore", but in the meantime summer is dedicated "to enjoying these months of touring": "I know I can't take my success for granted, but I'd like to being able to live it well. Then I'm sure, if not my body, my mind will immediately run to the recording studio ».

https://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/19_giugno_29/lunga-strada-kylie-95bd0ee8-9a9e-11e9-8fdd-d4f7eb4bd62c.shtml?fbclid=IwAR0VCq0GxszRKncQnMqZd56w5by0OrG_RFayKhO72gwkJ7J7z8YPapo4F4A&refresh_ce-cp

5 minutes ago, vagabond said:

Is it another reference to a possible Anti Tour 2?

Could be

There were also rumors of album reissues and she mentioned in another interview possibly doing a Kylie Anthology

I really hope she is serious about this

29 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Could be

There were also rumors of album reissues and she mentioned in another interview possibly doing a Kylie Anthology

I really hope she is serious about this

Maybe she could reissue KM94 and gives us an HD version of At the End of the Day. A concept!

undefined

4 minutes ago, kminogues said:

Maybe she could reissue KM94 and gives us an HD version of At the End of the Day. A concept!

undefined

omg At the End of the Slay is so underrated

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

omg At the End of the Slay is so underrated

giphy.gif

That and Love Is On the Line bop hard. I don’t know what she was thinking not adding them to the final track list. 

undefined

(Sometimes her demos/b-sides are better than some of the album tracks) 

12 minutes ago, kminogues said:

That and Love Is On the Line bop hard. I don’t know what she was thinking not adding them to the final track list. 

undefined

Kylie Minogue is a top three album for me but it should have been structured better and more of the original and other album sessions songs should have been included

giphy.gif

Love Is On The Line, Living For Your Loving, Gotta Move On and At The End of the Day all deserved inclusion

giphy.gif

I have done my own albums for all of her eras so #AidanPromotes his version of Kylie Minogue

giphy.gif

Spoiler
  1. Confide In Me
  2. Living For Your Loving
  3. If I Was Your Lover
  4. Where Is The Feeling
  5. Put Yourself In My Place
  6. Dangerous Game
  7. Love Is On The Line
  8. Gotta Move On
  9. Automatic Love
  10. Where Has The Love Gone
  11. Falling
  12. At The End of the Day

Tbh WHTLG and Falling could go but despite their being long as hell we love house bops

8 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Kylie Minogue is a top three album for me but it should have been structured better and more of the original and other album sessions songs should have been included

giphy.gif

Love Is On The Line, Living For Your Loving, Gotta Move On and At The End of the Day all deserved inclusion

giphy.gif

I have done my own albums for all of her eras so #AidanPromotes his version of Kylie Minogue

giphy.gif

Hide contents
  1. Confide In Me
  2. Living For Your Loving
  3. If I Was Your Lover
  4. Where Is The Feeling
  5. Put Yourself In My Place
  6. Dangerous Game
  7. Love Is On The Line
  8. Gotta Move On
  9. Automatic Love
  10. Where Has The Love Gone
  11. Falling
  12. At The End of the Day

Tbh WHTLG and Falling could go but despite their being long as hell we love house bops

I forgot all about Gotta Move On. bebe1 The “Where did it go wrong? A love so strong” bit in WHTLG slays bebe1 but it is a bit too long. I never cared for Falling, really. brit15 It’s pretty forgettable. #KyleComplains. 

3 minutes ago, kminogues said:

I forgot all about Gotta Move On. bebe1 The “Where did it go wrong? A love so strong” bit in WHTLG slays bebe1 but it is a bit too long. I never cared for Falling, really. brit15 It’s pretty forgettable. #KyleComplains. 

WHTLG always gets me mess1

What about the gorgeous Living For Your Loving that leaked in 2014. I really wouldn't care if she did a history of her unreleased music, I'm kinda of happy with what she has got out now. But I said kinda. I love singing her songs so I guess it would give me more material to work with. I am happy with KM94. I heard the rest of KM94 is not as good. So KM94 is okay with me now. Fever and Body Language is what I'm interested in because they have a lot of unreleased songs or also Impossible Princess too has a lot of unreleased songs. That would wet my appetite and give me something I've wanted for now.

1 hour ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

I need those kylie & jake shears albums to be released oprah13

I need everything they have ever worked on to be released honestly

They work magic together

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.