Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

. Mercedes

Is Western Pops Declining?

Is Western Pops Declining???  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Western Pops Declining?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2019 at 05:01 AM

No it's not dying because Pop music is just what ever is most popular at the time. It literally cannot die because music will always be popular.

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

No it's not dying because Pop music is just what ever is most popular at the time. It literally cannot die because music will always be popular.

Pop has also transformed into its own genre. Kim Petras, Marina, Lykke Li, and Aly & AJ are all considered pop music even though they aren’t topping charts or popular among the masses.

2 minutes ago, . Mercedes said:

Why do current young people chose KPOP?

They don't, in western society KPop is big, but it's nowhere near as big as it's make out to be.

The KPop stans like to inflate it's influence. 

If it really that big then where the hell is it on the charts?

Just now, Kenya said:

Pop has also transformed into its own genre. Kim Petras, Marina, Lykke Li, and Aly & AJ are all considered pop music even though they aren’t topping charts or popular among the masses.

I'd agree there is a defined formula in music that's regarded as a pop genre. However arguably it's never been that big and it's always mostly been flops who've done it. Any of the really big pop songs normally have a influence from another genre. "Western Pop" would refer to Popular Music in general rather than any specific genre. 

20 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I'd agree there is a defined formula in music that's regarded as a pop genre. However arguably it's never been that big and it's always mostly been flops who've done it. Any of the really big pop songs normally have a influence from another genre. "Western Pop" would refer to Popular Music in general rather than any specific genre. 

Hmmm. I disagree that all popular “pop” songs were heavily influenced by other genres. Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, etc. have released records that are purely pop. I also disagree that “western pop” in this thread refers to popular music because that doesn’t logically make sense. The OP is referring to the likes of KP, LG, and Madonna who are staples in the genre but have not found recent success with their releases.

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

Hmmm. I disagree that all popular “pop” songs were heavily influenced by other genres. Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, etc. have released records that are purely pop. I disagree that “western pop” in this thread refers to popular music because that doesn’t logically make sense. The OP is referring to the likes of KP, LG, and Madonna who are staples in the genre but have not found recent success with their releases.

Maybe cause she's 60? lol3

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

Hmmm. I disagree that all popular “pop” songs were heavily influenced by other genres. Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, etc. have released records that are purely pop. I disagree that “western pop” in this thread refers to popular music because that doesn’t logically make sense. The OP is referring to the likes of KP, LG, and Madonna who are staples in the genre but have not found recent success with their releases.

Maybe cause their music isn't interesting anymore? lol3

Just now, Kenya said:

Hmmm. I disagree that all popular “pop” songs were heavily influenced by other genres. Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, etc. have released records that are purely pop. I also disagree that “western pop” in this thread refers to popular music because that doesn’t logically make sense. The OP is referring to the likes of KP, LG, and Madonna who are staples in the genre but have not found recent success with their releases.

Name a single by one of those three artists that's purely pop? I can guarantee there will be another genre that's influential in the song.  

Neither pop or kpop are popular, unless you count the twitter kpop spamming again and again as success. lol3 Other genres are rulling the music industry nowadays. Rap, hip-hop etc. lol3

12 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Neither pop or kpop are popular, unless you count the twitter kpop spamming again and again as success. lol3 Other genres are rulling the music industry nowadays. Rap, hip-hop etc. lol3

This though, if Twitter and Instagram wouldn't have been as big as they are now, kpop and other western pop acts wouldn't even be considered to exist. 

24 minutes ago, Luca said:

This though, if Twitter and Instagram wouldn't have been as big as they are now, kpop and other western pop acts wouldn't even be considered to exist. 

Hmmm I disagree. Although social media does make it appear more popular, to say kpop would be considered nonexistent without it is simply false. There were quite a few groups selling out stadiums in the US and even made some H100 chart appearances before the rise of social media. It was still quite popular. The only difference now is it’s at the forefront and not being brushed aside due to it not being in English or whatever native tongue you may speak (it still is as this forum continues to show time and time again rip4 )

Just now, Madonna said:

Serving:

sub-buzz-671-1502737607-1.png?downsize=7

I won’t allow backlash to my western girls clap1 especially with 16 rep points and a boring ass avatar clap1 she had it coming 

1 minute ago, Royalty said:

I won’t allow backlash to my western girls clap1 especially with 16 rep points and a boring ass avatar clap1 she had it coming 

She's a troll anyway. Clearly here to stir up shit. I think she somehow lost her way on the Interwebs. Someone guide ha back to Twatterbook, please! ny14 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.