Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jon.

Scooter's purchase of Big Machine (& Taylor's masters) backed by Carlyle Group

9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Agreed, I don't even think Demi has had a prime era at all. She's just had the occasional hit now and then. 

Yes Mariah's clap back was iconic! Classy but shady rih4

When an unflattering image outdoes your whole career. ny2

FIL was a mess, clearly Xtina just put Demi on it to try and get it to chart. But even Demi lacked power - both vocally and in terms of charts.

I think she's just on the Jessica Simpson levels (Like Demi's meme, Jessica's mostly known for her Tuna and Chicken fiasco)--and that's being very generous because at the very least, Jessica has had somewhat of a career outside of music and is doing well for herself with her business.

Yes, Mimi's response was classic and it practically made Demi look like an uneducated person. 

Xtina made a big mistake getting Demi. If anything, it would've been nice to see it as a duet with either Jojo (who went through a lot of shit with her record company.) or maybe even Ariana if X is really trying to chart higher than 102 bebe1  Heck, P!nk is even a better choice.

8 hours ago, Madonna said:

Ummmm lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

This is some next-level conspiracy theory. My "Taylor Swift is alt-right" theory literally can't compare with the REACH that this is. But I mean...would "Taylor Swift Updated" lie?

@Urbanov the Swifties are FUUUUUMMIIINNGGG

8 hours ago, Madonna said:

Taylor LOST. This is exactly what she deserves for bullying other artists, manipulating others into believing she's a victim in any of this or her other drama. She's NOT a victim and all this shit is EXACTLY what she deserves. Y'all can stay the fuck mad and keep fuming.

Taylor 0 - Scooter 2

ny1 

Do you read and think about the annoying and incessant things that come from your mouth, brain, and fingers? You always come off like a motherfucking clown when you post.lmfao2

48 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

Do you read and think about the annoying and incessant things that come from your mouth, brain, and fingers? You always come off like a motherfucking clown when you post.lmfao2

More like psychotic rip2 

Anyway, I want Miss @Madonna to explain IN DETAIL to me how Taylor lost since he has a LOT to say right now. I’m waiting, and try for once to respond using logic - no insults or personally biased feelings. Actually try to refute what I’m saying without deflecting (I’ll obviously await the downvotes though since you can’t engage in an argument without resorting to using them).

1. This has no effect on Taylor’s career besides the emotional aspect. The ownership of her masters was just simply transferred and nothing else. She will continue getting the same payout from royalties as she always has, he can’t block her from performing any songs, and if she wanted to SHE has the ability to make it hard for him by refusing to allow songs to be used in shows or whenever he wants.

2. She makes most of her money from touring, just as most artists do. He won’t get any of that. If they can somehow strike a mutual agreement this whole situation could also benefit her regardless of how she feels about Scooter, given how many connections she has. 

3. Taylor has THE best lawyer in the business - Donald S. Passman - who literally authored the Music Law in the US. He refuted the label’s claims she was able to buy her masters.... because she wasn’t. You and others have been running with the narrative that she’s lying and was exposed. Where? Scott sent her the alleged text (which he didn’t even post screenshots of) when she was sleeping, since she was in London and it would’ve arrived around 3-4 AM her time. So yes, she indeed found out when everyone else did. She also was never given a chance to buy her masters and was offered them on a ‘buy-back’ plan which means she would have had to produce 6 more albums to just simply get the first 6 albums’ masters. There’s a reason so many publications have backtracked now after her lawyer issued a statement. Her lawyers > whatever you think.

4. What I’ve taken away from this situation is that Taylor’s masters are essentially worth $300 MILLION - that is more than The Beatles’ catalog was purchased for and she’s only 13 years into her career. Granted, he bought Big Machine as a whole (...to get her masters), and a report surfaced that she was 80%+ of their annual income. This means her masters are worth $240M at the very minimum. Aren’t you always saying her music is forgotten? If that’s the case, why are her masters worth so much? Exactly... due to the fact she has better recurrent streams/sales than pretty much any of her peers.

5. It’s really disappointing you are acting like this, as someone who had actually grown to respect you and felt like you’d grew from being so hateful. You are literally siding with someone who has screwed over numerous individuals and is helping fund TERRORISM and GENOCIDE just to spite a woman you hate, for whatever reason, when every reason you hate her for was disproven as false. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though since you literally said she lied about being sexually assaulted back in 2017. Once a misogynist, always a misogynist. I just hope you know how disappointing this looks, it’s genuinely mind blowing.

That’s all I have to say. She lost nothing and you know it, so remember this post every time you come into this section to spew... whatever it is you always do. I guess I have to put a disclaimer this isn’t an attack on you as much as an attempt to educate you since no one can get through to you. These are all of the facts regarding the situation at hand and if you choose to deny them - you’re denying FACTS and LOGIC. I will not be responding, though, unless you have some sort of intelligible reply to refute the facts I laid out regarding the situation and can remain calm and tactful. So, good luck and I wish you well! jj2 

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

4. What I’ve taken away from this situation is that Taylor’s masters are essentially worth $300 MILLION - that is more than The Beatles’ catalog was purchased for and she’s only 13 years into her career. Granted, he bought Big Machine as a whole (...to get her masters), and a report surfaced that she was 80%+ of their annual income. This means her masters are worth $240M at the very minimum. 

Literally SHAKING at how much her catalogue is worth. A friend and I were discussing this the other day and the hypothetical scenario of whether she’d be able/willing to buy them back if given the chance. I have a suspicion she would want to, because it’s truly a sound investment, and unlike buying someone else’s masters, she’d be investing in herself. But even if the actual cost was way lower, like $100 million, to imagine her having to cut her net worth down that drastically is insane. All that to say, you can see the ugly leverage the label had in trying to tempt her with the “earning them back” option. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.