Luca

Halle Bailey has been casted as Ariel for Disney's The Little Mermaid!

I'm not here for quickly-aging live-action cash-ins of classic Disney films in general, but in this case, I'm not here for the race-bending either ari10

I know POC Disney characters are limited in existence, but its not like there's nothing to adapt from. If the live-action remakes are that important, they could've went with Princess and the Frog. I was alright with the race-bending for Hermione in that Harry Potter stage play thing, since it's just a random lil thing, but this is a whole film, and Ariel's an iconic ass character that this whole film centers on. Ariel should look like Ariel.

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I'm not here for quickly-aging live-action cash-ins of classic Disney films in general, but in this case, I'm not here for the race-bending either ari10

I know POC Disney characters are limited in existence, but its not like there's nothing to adapt from. If the live-action remakes are that important, they could've went with Princess and the Frog. I was alright with the race-bending for Hermione in that Harry Potter stage play thing, since it's just a random lil thing, but this is a whole film, and Ariel's an iconic ass character that this whole film centers on. Ariel should look like Ariel.

I forgot to mention that I also hate the fact they're casting a cis woman to play Ursula when she's based on drag queens wendy1

2 hours ago, attitude said:

The pandering lmfao1 But whatever, Ariel is a fictional character so the race of the actor doesn't much matter. 

Until i see a full on dark skin or brown skin black girl receive these roles i'm not impressed or inclined to believe it could even be that type of pandering. If anything it's still pandering to the white majority who are only accepting of racially ambiguous or lightskinned blacks in entertainment