Halle Bailey has been casted as Ariel for Disney's The Little Mermaid!

Dennis Reynolds    9,386

I couldn't get the tweet to load and read the title as Halle Berry for a minute rip2 I was thinking "OK, so they're going with a MILF take on Ariel in this version..."

Venom    6,397

I'm not here for quickly-aging live-action cash-ins of classic Disney films in general, but in this case, I'm not here for the race-bending either ari10

I know POC Disney characters are limited in existence, but its not like there's nothing to adapt from. If the live-action remakes are that important, they could've went with Princess and the Frog. I was alright with the race-bending for Hermione in that Harry Potter stage play thing, since it's just a random lil thing, but this is a whole film, and Ariel's an iconic ass character that this whole film centers on. Ariel should look like Ariel.

hector    30,272

ehh....

Normani    7,431

Totally here for it.

I'm sure Halle will be an amazing Ariel.

Normani    7,431

I mean... No other option but to stan.

Hope they give her dreads.

D-k3YnuWkAgHFNd.jpg

Hylia    83,406

I read Halle Berry fall8 the pic above with the red dreads is a SERVE so we’re ready to stan.

Jae    23,576

Lindsay Lohan was robbed 

14 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

OMG is that Janet Jackson?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor crickets gif

Venom    6,397
1 hour ago, Venom said:

I'm not here for quickly-aging live-action cash-ins of classic Disney films in general, but in this case, I'm not here for the race-bending either ari10

I know POC Disney characters are limited in existence, but its not like there's nothing to adapt from. If the live-action remakes are that important, they could've went with Princess and the Frog. I was alright with the race-bending for Hermione in that Harry Potter stage play thing, since it's just a random lil thing, but this is a whole film, and Ariel's an iconic ass character that this whole film centers on. Ariel should look like Ariel.

I forgot to mention that I also hate the fact they're casting a cis woman to play Ursula when she's based on drag queens wendy1

I still wished Ariana was Ariel, imagine the serve!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ariana grande victorious gif red hair

attitude    849

The pandering lmfao1 But whatever, Ariel is a fictional character so the race of the actor doesn't much matter. 

ajp    9,237
3 hours ago, Hylia said:

I read Halle Berry fall8 the pic above with the red dreads is a SERVE so we’re ready to stan.

ShutUpRae    333
3 hours ago, Luca said:

I still wished Ariana was Ariel, imagine the serve!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ariana grande victorious gif red hair

Maybe if she could act

ShutUpRae    333
2 hours ago, attitude said:

The pandering lmfao1 But whatever, Ariel is a fictional character so the race of the actor doesn't much matter. 

Until i see a full on dark skin or brown skin black girl receive these roles i'm not impressed or inclined to believe it could even be that type of pandering. If anything it's still pandering to the white majority who are only accepting of racially ambiguous or lightskinned blacks in entertainment