Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Sweetener stans need to SIT THE FUCK down.

Okay, I know it must be hard stanning Ariana's worst album but y'all gotta stop trying to claim Thank u, grammy aged like milk when a) it hasn't even been long enough to determine that and b) the singles are still enjoying far more cultural impact and straight acclaim than anything from Stevia.

bIgHk1n.gif

I've seen these hoes on ATRL getting brave and I've just recently seen some rats here thinking they can put TUN down and spread their false narrative. I will NOT have it, periodT. Not here, not today or any other day of the fucking year. Come back when Ariana releases an album that exceeds TUN in relatability, quality and cohesiveness. Then we can talk about TUN aging. In the meantime, stream the hits that got away (and that would have most definitely shut your asses up about the era or the album not aging well, had they been released).

ZMJkJ2D.gif

You can tell that this album had far more involvement and creative input by Ariana than Sweetener (which was sort of just a therapy album to distract her from the shit she had to go through - that doesn't make it a good album but rather bland and uninspired). The concept, the way the tracks have intros documenting parts of Ariana's life, memories or situations that were important to her and that tie in with the story of the tracks, etc.

This album elevated her to Rihanna-level of success, honestly. She managed to get both the straights and the gays to stan her. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN.

bIgHk1n.gif

16 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I'm not sure about the last sentence. lol3 Unless by straight people you mean straight young girls. lol3

3 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Let’s wait for her next albums 

For once, he did not lie! 

The OP makes me scream, why is that person ranting all the time I- dead2 Anyways, objectively, I believe both albums are her best, but "thank u, next" is a tad better mostly because it feels so raw and personal and Ariana seemed to really enjoy making it. I also believe she tried that with "Sweetener", but for whatever reason, she didn't pull it off as well as she did on TUN.

Why can't we stan both successful.mp3 strong girls? Both have their pros and cons. Sweetener has more material. thank u, next feels conceptual. Sweetener has the enjoyable bops, tu,n has the personal moody tracks. 

WIcjpAl.gif 

50 minutes ago, Madonna said:

She managed to get both the straights and the gays to stan her.

27 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I'm not sure about the last sentence. lol3 Unless by straight people you mean straight young girls. lol3

He was on period lol3 I've seen straight oomf on Spotify listen to the album numerous times and 7 rings trap sound had that demographic hooked lol3 

2 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

7 rings trap sound had that demographic hooked

7 Rings getting a #1 was a tragedy when NTLTC, GIAW, etc. existed. I'm not even an Arianator but I will still feel genuinely scammed, fooled and insulted if she's enabled to continue consistently performing the song on future tour setlists ari10

To me, Sweetener is more timeless. It just sounds like a Pop classic album that doesn't stale (again, to me). Thank U, Next falls off after a couple repetitive listens but what makes it equally as strong as Sweetener (again, to me!) is that every now and then you go through something or whatever and the album fits well with that narrative & feels good in that moment.

So yeah, they draw different atmospheres but ultimately they're equally as good.

Just now, AngryAzalean said:

There both so overrated, can y'all come up with something else to argue about, Stream Madame X instead alex1

Not when MX aged quicker in a couple weeks than TUN did in half a year

I wish this thread was in Battlegrounds

14 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Why can't we stan both successful.mp3 strong girls? Both have their pros and cons. Sweetener has more material. thank u, next feels conceptual. Sweetener has the enjoyable bops, tu,n has the personal moody tracks. 

This is exactly what I'm thinking! 

17 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anyway you stanning the most basic songs like usual lol

Do you only like Pop songs that are transparently crafted in a songwriting lab for the generic masses? 

tea ghostin is missing there! whit1 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.