Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Sweetener stans need to SIT THE FUCK down.

33 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anyway you stanning the most basic songs like usual lol

Do you only like Pop songs that are transparently crafted in a songwriting lab for the generic masses? 

Every pop song is 'transparently crafted in a songwriting lab for the generic masses'. Don't try to come with that shit. 

At least these three are catchy and have a memorable rhythm. 

38 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anyway you stanning the most basic songs like usual lol

Do you only like Pop songs that are transparently crafted in a songwriting lab for the generic masses? 

Bloodline is not basic, it is the BOP that Future wished to be katy8

11 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Bloodline is not basic, it is the BOP that Future wished to be katy8

I love bloodline but let's not pretend it isn't one of the basic songs on this album. The way it also really sounds like Side To Side 2.0, lyrically it's good, but production wise it's pure pop music. jj2 

8 minutes ago, Luca said:

I love bloodline but let's not pretend it isn't one of the basic songs on this album. The way it also really sounds like Side To Side 2.0, lyrically it's good, but production wise it's pure pop music. jj2 

Excuse me but it cannot be basic and sound like STS at the same time brit3

Also let's not pretend that horns are that common in pop music and that it got no reggae influence brit3

19 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Every pop song is 'transparently crafted in a songwriting lab for the generic masses'. Don't try to come with that shit. 

At least these three are catchy and have a memorable rhythm. 

Well, yeah. That being said, it's more exciting when they find more imaginative ways to capture our ears as opposed to following the precedent template and structure of other songs which have been practiced by other common mainstream artists, don't you think? brit7 And I intentionally targeted @Madonna 'cause I personally see a pattern with him picking out the most basic songs from fairly experimental Pop albums as his faves and proclaim them as "the best". Examples

Nothing Really Matters best from ROL brit1

Crazy best from Madame X  brit1

This thread brit1

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Well, yeah. That being said, it's more exciting when they find more imaginative ways to capture our ears as opposed to following the precedent template and structure of other songs which have been practiced by other common mainstream artists, don't you think? brit7 And I intentionally targeted @Madonna 'cause I personally see a pattern with him picking out the most basic songs from fairly experimental Pop albums as his faves and proclaim them as "the best". Examples

This thread brit1

IN YOUR OPINION

22 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Excuse me but it cannot be basic and sound like STS at the same time brit3

Also let's not pretend that horns are that common in pop music and that it got no reggae influence brit3

lana9 

Just now, Lucifer's Angel said:

let me rephrase my post...the fact that it sounds like STS it is the proof that it ain't basic. Unless you implied that STS is also a basic song? brit3

In what world is STS not basic? brit3

But then again the majority of pop music is rather basic and easy to get into. Though I feel like songs like bad idea and in my head is more "experimental" pop music considering she's doing something else instead of predictable drops. But that's all my opinion, just like I think Touch It is her most experimental song even though there are people here who think it's one of her most boring songs. 

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

In what world is STS not basic? brit3

But then again the majority of pop music is rather basic and easy to get into. Though I feel like songs like bad idea and in my head is more "experimental" pop music considering she's doing something else instead of predictable drops. But that's all my opinion, just like I think Touch It is her most experimental song even though there are people here who think it's one of her most boring songs. 

well I agree that most pop music sound basic but IMO both STS and Bloodline shine as some of the best reggae-pop songs ever made by humankind alex1

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

well I agree that most pop music sound basic but IMO both STS and Bloodline shine as some of the best reggae-pop songs ever made by humankind alex1

They are both in the bottom tier of their albums to me. dead7 I really don't like reggae vibes in songs. 

32 minutes ago, Jjang said:

This thread brit1

I agree that artists can come up with new ways to make a pop song more interesting, and sound more 'authentic' but honestly it's all still the same manufactured overproduced thing cuz that's what pop is about. Thing is, nowadays I think we need a song like bloodline since it's so upbeat and dancey. I haven't heard a pop song like it since 2014 and in this down tempo depressed age a few songs like that are refreshing. Sometimes you need basic pop.

Plus I don't think TUN is really an experimental album so idk what else @Madonna could have picked as the best songs on the album. It's a pretty straight forward non risky record but it's what Ariana needed and it worked for her. 

But picking Crazy as the best from Madame X when almost all the other tracks are better brit1

Tbh Sweetener DEFINITELY grew on me. I prefer one over the other depending on my mood. If I want a quick happy pick me up, Sweetener is the move. If I want to feel like a bad bitch, tun is my go-to. Both are fabulous, it just depends on the day which one is better! However I will say I definitely go back to Sweetener’s album tracks more often than tun’s.

Honestly, I don't think anyone would have complained if NTLTC and GIAW (two her all-time best songs, yes) would have been standalone singles. oprah14 The rest is literally downright filler material from start to finish (although I do like Better Off, Sweetener & Goodnight & Go). TUN combines elements that were definitely new for Ariana (in that way experimental) with typical pop stuff. It's like the perfect crossover between Sweetener & DW.

The songs on TUN are much stronger standalone tracks but the album still feels extremely cohesive. I really don't see what's there to complain. It's a perfectly crafted pop album that manages to combine accessible pop hooks and catchy melodies with personal lyrics and a dark vibe. 

not one song on TUN is as good as God is a woman ari3 no tears left to cry ari3 R.E.M. ari3 successful ari3 get well soon ari3 everytime ari3 breathin ari3

wow what fucking HITS ari8 even borderline would be a harder slapper if Missy’s verse was longer ari8

TUN has some GRITS but none of those highs are as good as Sweetener’s highs. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.