Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

But I thought Lil Nas X was a one hit wonder?

It's now been 2 weeks since the release of his album and the single "Panini" is still in the top 5 on both Spotify and Apple Music and he's doing just as well as a Drake/Chris Brown collaboration. But I thought y'all said he was trash, digging up irrelevant receipts from the yesteryears of the internet and that he was a one hit wonder? OOP. ny1  

Ofc, Old Town Road is still big and his music gets attention by it now. ny1 Lets see him in 1 year from now when OTR success would've propably stop. ny1

10 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Ofc, Old Town Road is still big and his music gets attention by it now. ny1 Lets see him in 1 year from now when OTR success would've propably stop. ny1

It  took Mariah Carey 10 years to even have a hit as big as "One Sweet Day" but y'all expect all his singles to have the success of OTR? How unrealistic is this. 

7 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

It  took Mariah Carey 10 years to even have a hit as big as "One Sweet Day" but y'all expect all his singles to have the success of OTR? How unrealistic is this. 

mariah had +5 #1s before one sweet day lol

9 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

And? That's irrelevant. Mariah was already established by the time OSD came out. 

Just because his new song is in the top 5 right now it doesn't mean he'll achieve longevity. Obviously being a delusional Xtina stan you'd know about Solo longevity given that her last solo top #5 hit was only 3 years after her main debut.  

17 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

And she had some #1s during those 10 years too. xtina2 I don't think Lil Nas will have another one, solo at least. xtina2

I posted an Instagram comment the other day saying that its gross people enable him to use Twitter memes as a marketing tactic when he actively disowns his past on stan Twitter; and at least 15 people replied saying I was a dumbass etc. etc. 

Maybe his own Hive will come through with him, idk ari10

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

I posted an Instagram comment the other day saying that its gross people enable him to use Twitter memes as a marketing tactic when he actively disowns his past on stan Twitter; and at least 15 people replied saying I was a dumbass etc. etc. 

Maybe his own Hive will come through with him, idk ari10

i think you’re taking stan twitter just a bit too seriously 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

this ain’t it luv

MC had #1s on her debut, 5 years after her debut, 10 years after her debut and 15 years after her debut... that’s longevity not everyone has that

one hit wonder fads like lil nas x have zero personality in their music no one sees him a serious musician or performer he won’t be remembered for anything else but old town road

3 hours ago, Madame X said:

And she had some #1s during those 10 years too. xtina2 I don't think Lil Nas will have another one, solo at least. xtina2

So he’s just another Cardi B then? xtina2

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

So he’s just another Cardi B then? xtina2

He will fade faster than Cardi B, i think he's just lucky, a twitter stan reaching #1 in BB100? Please. xtina2 I don't even know why OTR is #1 for so many weeks, the song isn't that special or groundbreaking or idk. xtina2 Even Uptown Funk deserved all the weeks at #1 more than OTR. xtina2

In a year he'll be forgotten like the rest of these one and done mumble rappers ari4 Look at Lil' Pump, XXXtentacion and 6ix9ine...one is dead, one is on his way to prison and the other has been completely erased from public memory.

I don't mind Lil Nas X, but unless he brings music with substance he probably won't be relevant at all this time next year. He might remain known on stan twitter etc but no 1 will kurr for his musical output. 

6 hours ago, Sylk said:

this ain’t it luv

MC had #1s on her debut, 5 years after her debut, 10 years after her debut and 15 years after her debut... that’s longevity not everyone has that

one hit wonder fads like lil nas x have zero personality in their music no one sees him a serious musician or performer he won’t be remembered for anything else but old town road

she had 4 to be exact - BACK to BACK on a debut album. I can't remember the last person who did that but I know that list is short ari4

I love stanning a QueeN

9 hours ago, Agugaga said:

When was Christina’s last solo number one? :) 

11 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Or just a top #5! The answer is 2002.... ny5

“Beautiful” peaked at #2 in 2003. Thought you were so obsessed with Xtina that you would know that dear.

3 hours ago, Agugaga said:

“Beautiful” peaked at #2 in 2003. Thought you were so obsessed with Xtina that you would know that dear.

I don't really care, That still doesn't improve her stats. It was released in 2002 that's all I care about.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.