Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Neely O Hara

What were your most listened to CDs/artists growing up?

What albums/artists did you listen to the MOST growing up as a child? Mine were

• BOMT, Oops and Britney - Britney
  • Daydream and Rainbow - Mariah
  • Spice and Spiceworld - Spice Girls
  • Schizophonic - Geri Halliwell
  • Music - Madonna
  • Christina’s debut and Stripped
  • Can’t Take Me Home and Missundaztood - Pink
  • Let Go - Avril 

and that was about it. 

I'm 19 and turning 20 this year, so my entire childhood was either Winx Club or Lady Gaga. So to answer your question, The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way only. Apart from those, I listened to the singles by other artists! I only started getting into anything other than Gaga in 2013 (aka Ariana, Katy, Nicki, etc.). dead7 

As I didn't start with collecting CD's till my teens (so around 2008-2012 as it is around this time I started buying CDs),

Love Angel Music Baby - Gwen Stefani

The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani

Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade Of Hits - Christina Aguilera

Bionic - Christina Aguilera

Stripped - Christina Aguilera

Lotus - Christina Aguilera

Bright Lights - Ellie Goulding

Halcyon - Ellie Goulding

The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga

One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

Femme Fatale - Britney Spears

Loud - Rihanna

La Roux - La Roux

Electra Heart - Marina & The Diamonds

Make A Scene - Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Animal - Kesha

Warrior - Kesha

A*Teens ABBA Generation 

A*Teens Teen Spirit

A*Teens New Arrival 

A*Teens Pop Til’ You Drop

A*Teens Greatest Hits

Kylie Body Language

20 minutes ago, Habits said:

As I didn't start with collecting CD's till my teens (so around 2008-2012 as it is around this time I started buying CDs),

Love Angel Music Baby - Gwen Stefani

The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani

Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade Of Hits - Christina Aguilera

Bionic - Christina Aguilera

Stripped - Christina Aguilera

Lotus - Christina Aguilera

Bright Lights - Ellie Goulding

Halcyon - Ellie Goulding

The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga

One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

Femme Fatale - Britney Spears

Loud - Rihanna

La Roux - La Roux

Electra Heart - Marina & The Diamonds

Make A Scene - Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Animal - Kesha

Warrior - Kesha

I listened to Gwen’s solo debut a lot. It was everywhere. Didn’t care for TSE. Katy’s and Gaga’s debut videos were all over TV when I was a teenager, and I had their first albums and overplayed the hell out of IKAG and Poker Face, too.

4 minutes ago, isrobi said:

A*Teens ABBA Generation 

A*Teens Teen Spirit

A*Teens New Arrival 

A*Teens Pop Til’ You Drop

A*Teens Greatest Hits

Kylie Body Language

Now THAT’S a throwback! I loved A*Teens. Their cover of Dancing Queen was my go-to. whit1

3 minutes ago, kminogues said:

I listened to Gwen’s solo debut a lot. It was everywhere. Didn’t care for TSE. Katy’s and Gaga’s debut videos were all over TV when I was a teenager, and I had their first albums and overplayed the hell out of IKAG and Poker Face, too.

Now THAT’S a throwback! I loved A*Teens. Their cover of Dancing Queen was my go-to. whit1

Because I’m an old cunt ari11 but yeah I still love them

There was a lot of ABBA (Gold), Madonna (Ray of Light) and Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B was the first album I was obsessed with, that I'd listen to over and over bey6 

From before I turned 8-ish, it was either Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, The Moody Blues, Queen or whatever my dad played on his Bose. From then til I hit 10-ish was whatever that was on the radio + Kesha. Since I hit 13, it's been mostly Kesha, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, whatever pop girls I liked. Since I hit 15 in middle school it's been the same girls from since 2010 plus Flyleaf, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Garbage then My Chemical Romance, Marilyn Manson, Pierce the Veil, and now it's been almost anything in the rock and metal genres and subgenres while still holding onto the girls I listened to from 2010 and I've lately revisited The Moody Blues and Queen and I had gotten into Elton John. 

1 minute ago, Chris Morlock said:

From before I turned 8-ish, it was either Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, The Moody Blues, Queen or whatever my dad played on his Bose. From then til I hit 10-ish was whatever that was on the radio + Kesha. Since I hit 13, it's been mostly Kesha, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, whatever pop girls I liked. Since I hit 15 in middle school it's been the same girls from since 2010 plus Flyleaf, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Garbage then My Chemical Romance, Marilyn Manson, Pierce the Veil, and now it's been almost anything in the rock and metal genres and subgenres while still holding onto the girls I listened to from 2010 and I've lately revisited The Moody Blues and Queen and I had gotten into Elton John. 

You better come through with Garbage whit1 I love them. I don’t care for their latest two albums, though, honestly. But their first four are great.

3 minutes ago, kminogues said:

You better come through with Garbage whit1 I love them. I don’t care for their latest two albums, though, honestly. But their first four are great.

Not My Idea, Only Happy When it Rains, I Think I'm Paranoid, Milk, Shut Your Mouth all in my top 5. Most likely in that order. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Not My Idea, Only Happy When it Rains, I Think I'm Paranoid, Milk, Shut Your Mouth all in my top 5. Most likely in that order. 

Mine would be Milk, You Look So Fine, Tell Me Where It Hurts, Cup of Coffee and Supervixen. But I love those first 4 albums all equally. Too many iconic songs to count. 

Just now, kminogues said:

Mine would be Milk, You Look So Fine, Tell Me Where It Hurts, Cup of Coffee and Supervixen. But I love those first 4 albums all equally. Too many iconic songs to count. 

OH and Wicked Ways is definitely top 10.

I was a total eurodance kid (E-Erotic, 2 Unlimited, Captain Jack, Rednex etc. fall2 ) 

But the first albums I played over and over were Spice, Version 2.0, The Fat of the Land and Ray of Light. 

12 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I was a total eurodance kid (E-Erotic, 2 Unlimited, Captain Jack, Rednex etc. fall2 ) 

But the first albums I played over and over were Spice, Version 2.0, The Fat of the Land and Ray of Light. 

Loving the Garbage fans making their presence known. oprah2 Version 2.0 is my second fave of theirs after their debut. Medication and Special are some of their best work.

7 minutes ago, kminogues said:

Loving the Garbage fans making their presence known. oprah2 Version 2.0 is my second fave of theirs after their debut. Medication and Special are some of their best work.

I love their first two albums oprah2  After that I couldn’t really get into them anymore. I think Version 2.0 is entirely a perfect album. The first album is amazing as well. I used to be so obsessed with Sleep (don’t remember how I got that song back then but I burned them rarities and b-sides on my own cd lol) and I kept listening to it on repeat for days fall2 

18 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I love their first two albums oprah2  After that I couldn’t really get into them anymore. I think Version 2.0 is entirely a perfect album. The first album is amazing as well. I used to be so obsessed with Sleep (don’t remember how I got that song back then but I burned them rarities and b-sides on my own cd lol) and I kept listening to it on repeat for days fall2 

I used to be so obsessed with Milk oprah2 Every time I’d develop a new crush, I’d run home and listen to it. oprah2 Their later albums are divisive and some are better than others, but you’re right. Nothing of theirs can top those first two records. Nothing! 

• Ultimate Kylie
  • Differently - Cassie Davis
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - U2
  • Fallen - Evanescence
  • Beautiful Garbage - Garbage
  • A Fever You Can't Sweat Out - Panic! At the Disco
  • Riot - Paramore
  • Pretty much every one of those So Fresh compilation CDs that came out every season.

Whew I really could have gone down the Chris Morlock path if I wasn't careful! bebe1 

6 minutes ago, Lachlan said:
  • Ultimate Kylie
  • Differently - Cassie Davis
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - U2
  • Fallen - Evanescence
  • Beautiful Garbage - Garbage
  • A Fever You Can't Sweat Out - Panic! At the Disco
  • Riot - Paramore
  • Pretty much every one of those So Fresh compilation CDs that came out every season.

Whew I really could have gone down the Chris Morlock path if I wasn't careful! bebe1 

A Beautiful Garbage fan bebe1 that album gets so much hate but it’s got a lot of great songs bebe1

27 minutes ago, kminogues said:

I used to be so obsessed with Milk oprah2 Every time I’d develop a new crush, I’d run home and listen to it. oprah2 Their later albums are divisive and some are better than others, but you’re right. Nothing of theirs can top those first two records. Nothing! 

Milk is beautiful oprah1 

Beautiful Garbage was okay, I don’t actually remember anything from Bleed Like Me and never gave a listen to their latest two dead2 Maybe I should try them out sometime moo1 

Whatever  my parents or grandma played that i liked tbh moo1 or whatever i liked on the radio, up until around age 13-14.

My grandma played lots of marvin gaye, diana ross and earth wind fire

My mom played lots of lauren hill, erykah badu and tlc

Dad played public enemy, wu-tang and krs-one 

I didnt start exploring my own taste until i started venturing on youtube around 13 and i used to be a weaboo so i listened to mostly j-pop dead2 

I grew out of that by the time i was 16

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.