Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Neely O Hara

What were your most listened to CDs/artists growing up?

1 hour ago, kminogues said:

A Beautiful Garbage fan bebe1 that album gets so much hate but it’s got a lot of great songs bebe1

It's the only Garbage album I've listened to in full and I still love every song. bebe1 I was looking through their Absolute Garbage compilation the other month and was shook to see that Androgyny wasn't on there. I thought it was a hit and I used to be obsessed with the music video as a young queer. bebe1 

21 minutes ago, Ariana said:

220px-Let_Go_cover.png 220px-Under_My_Skin_(Avril_Lavigne_album 220px-The_Best_Damn_Thing.png

My holy trinity growing up legend1

TASTE. I overplayed my UMS CD to death. 

14 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

It's the only Garbage album I've listened to in full and I still love every song. bebe1 I was looking through their Absolute Garbage compilation the other month and was shook to see that Androgyny wasn't on there. I thought it was a hit and I used to be obsessed with the music video as a young queer. bebe1 

Shirley was serving butch dyke in Androgyny. But yeah, I think the band themselves forget the album even exists bebe1 I still bop to Breaking Up the Girl and Cup of Coffee. 

Bionic, Blackout, and Circus come to mind. I also liked Teenage Dream when it came out, and Miley Cyrus' Can't Be Tamed, and Rihanna's Rated R and Loud. Circus was one of the first CDs I bought with my own money. I think I actually wore my copy of Blackout out (I was using a CD player at the time dead2) and I have a newer copy. Ugh, seriously one of my favorite times in music ever. 2008-2011 was just such a fun time in music, and women OWNED the charts.

Forgot to add Lily Allen's It's Not Me, It's You, and Kesha's Animal and Cannibal.

Lily Allen was a substantial part of my diet. Slightly odd for a child. The rest was a mixed bag of my mum's music and her gay best friend's library. I remember Bowie, Katy and Gaga playing a lot. I didn't really pick out my own music til I was about 12. Then Kesha slaughtered my senses and my library has only gotten better since.

4 hours ago, Habits said:

As I didn't start with collecting CD's till my teens (so around 2008-2012 as it is around this time I started buying CDs),

Love Angel Music Baby - Gwen Stefani

The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani

Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade Of Hits - Christina Aguilera

Bionic - Christina Aguilera

Stripped - Christina Aguilera

Lotus - Christina Aguilera

Bright Lights - Ellie Goulding

Halcyon - Ellie Goulding

The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga

One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

Femme Fatale - Britney Spears

Loud - Rihanna

La Roux - La Roux

Electra Heart - Marina & The Diamonds

Make A Scene - Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Animal - Kesha

Warrior - Kesha

Phewwww the taste JUMPED out cry9

Britney - BOMT, OIDIA, & Britney

Destiny’s Child - The Writing’s on the Wall & Survivor

Brandy - Never Say Never & Full Moon

TLC - CrazySexyCool

Aaliyah - Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number, One in a Million, Aaliyah, & I Care 4 U (her entire discography, essentially)

Christina Aguilera - Christina Aguilera

Hilary Duff - Metamorphosis, Hilary Duff, & Dignity

Miley Cyrus - Hannah Montana, Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus, & Breakout

Does anyone else in the US remember when McDonald’s gave out those Britney & NSYNC music videos on VHS? I had it and remember being so shook when I played itcry6 

P7.jpg

A lot of no1curr Japanese artists that are probably even unknown to Japanese people. mj1

As for pop music, as a kid I loved t.A.T.u's 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane and Madonna's GHV2.

I was so late to religiously listening to music like everyone else, I only started to when I was like 14-15, so ofc I've played The Fame/The Fame Monster and Born This Way to DEATH like every other gey, ARTPOP too (still one of my fave albums of all time jj2) My Everything, The New Classic, Blackout, Femme Fatale, Future Sex Love Sounds and SUCKER are probably the ones I listened to most around that time jj2

I never really started getting into music until I was around 12/13, so I just listened to whatever my mum/step dad had or whatever was given to me. I do remember owning and loving The Lion King soundtrack. I had it on cassette and always played I Just Can't Wait To Be King over and over because that was my favourite song. My mum had ABBA's Gold album which I listened to a lot too. I was also obsessed with Hi-5. They were an Australian kids group, basically Vengaboys/Spice Girls for children moo1

Avril Lavigne - Let Go

Fergie - The Dutchess

Usher - Confessions

Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me... Then

Ashanti - Self-Title album

Brian McKnight - Anytime

Craig David - Born to Do It

Nirvana - Nevermind

Metallica - Black Album

Anything Elvis

• Replies 35
  • Created