Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Detroit Music Festival charges non-POC people higher admission

*sighs* 

I understand the point, and I get it. 

BUT

We’re all a bunch of psychotic hairless apes that constantly search for new ways to kill each other. 

Skin color means nothing, not in this lifetime, not in the next — not ever. 

The sooner everyone gets that, the better. 

That’s how I feel about this. 

I think that's incredibly shitty... 

By nature everyone who pays to attend a festival (which I presume is black culture) is there celebrating, investing and contributing to Black artists and culture which is surely a good thing? 

I understand the reasoning and I respect it, but I think it separates two groups instead of unifying which should be the overall goal.

If this were listed as more of a donation-type ticket geared towards non-POC contributing more if possible, that would be more appropriate. 

How can any one on her "understand the reason". Two wrongs don't make a right and discrimination against any race in 2019 shouldn't be continuing to happen. Especially not at a music event like this.  

I agree with what everyone has said tbh, this is a lot more divisive and problematic than it is progressive, and if the roles were reversed imagine the OUTRAGE...this is petty if I've ever seen it.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.