Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

imahunter

Taylor only main pop girl without an iconic performance?

Is Taylor the only MPG without an iconic performance? I can’t think of any memorable performance from the tofu of pop girls.

she literally just shakes her hip left to right and puts her arms up and down and that’s it. 

Her most memorable moment on stage is thanks to Kanye west and Beyoncé.

Gaga has paparazzi at the vmas

rihanna Love on the Brain live 

Madonna - too many to mention 

Britney - snake moment 

Mariah - New Year’s Eve fail

beyonce - homecoming 

etc

31 minutes ago, Gravity said:

There's Ariana too 

Ari should have one by now come on sis dead1

actually she's doing great... DW, Into You, STS, NTLTC, GIAW and 7 rings were all memorable performances and I don't see reasons to complain about it.

If you agree that Love On The Brain is an iconic performance then you can easily label those Ari ones as legendary oprah14

48 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

actually she's doing great... DW, Into You, STS, NTLTC, GIAW and 7 rings were all memorable performances and I don't see reasons to complain about it.

If you agree that Love On The Brain is an iconic performance then you can easily label those Ari ones as legendary oprah14

ny2

She doesn’t need to have an iconic performance when she has the highest grossing tour in US history ($350M worldwide) that received rave reviews and a massive Netflix special that everyone praised as well (critics and GP alike) hay1 

Next question hay1 

I mean having an "iconic" performance is only a requirement in the stan world so she's fine without one...

But if she doesn't have one it's because she doesn't excel at anything when it comes to performing

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

I mean having an "iconic" performance is only a requirement in the stan world so she's fine without one...

But if she doesn't have one it's because she doesn't excel at anything when it comes to performing

I don’t think someone who excels at nothing performance-wise would have people coming out in droves to their sold out stadium shows but alrighty. There has to be something that attracts people. The GP and critics (who universally praised her tour) >>>> some stans who judge her abilities based on TV performances which she herself has literally said she never excels at jj2 

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

girl, i'm cackling cuz Rihanna and Taylor r in the same sinking boat off the Average Coast ny12

Rihanna is not a memorable performer for sure... But she also doesn't put any effort into her performances. 

On the other hand, Taylor had crazy stage props, choreo and dancers on her last tour and even with all the extra and effort, she still looks bland on stage.

47 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

So all the performanes for these songs were memorable? dead2 Be specific, when and where. I actually like her VMAs performances of STS and GIAW but I wouldn't call them legendary, just memorable. I want to but I would be disgracing the ones mentioned in the OP

And no I don't agree that Love On The Brain was an iconic performance but I'm sure Rih has at least one ( I hope at least bebe1)

OT: If you noticed from the OP it's only the pop girls who put emphasis on perfomance that have legendary ones. Girls like Ariana, Taylor, Rihanna don't really care that much about iconic performances.

Just now, Taylor said:

I don’t think someone who excels at nothing performance-wise would have people coming out in droves to their sold out stadium shows but alrighty. There has to be something that attracts people. The GP and critics (who universally praised her tour) >>>> some stans who judge her abilities based on TV performances which she herself has literally said she never excels at jj2 

Meh, Selena has sold millions of albums, does that make her a great singer? jj2 

There's plenty of other reasons that would explain why she attracts huge crowds that have nothing to do with her skills as a performer... The bond she has with her fans is a significant factor, she has always had one of the biggest fandoms (I mean hasn't she sold one million copies first week with three albums rip4). 

But anyway we don't measure an artist's performance skills by the number of tickets that said artist sells and that's on period luv. jj2 

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

Rihanna is not a memorable performer for sure... But she also doesn't put any effort into her performances. 

On the other hand, Taylor had crazy stage props, choreo and dancers on her last tour and even with all the extra and effort, she still looks bland on stage.

Rihanna got a fucking helicopter on stage once and yet the performance turned out to be pointless, average and blah 

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

So all the performanes for these songs were memorable? dead2 Be specific, when and where. I actually like her VMAs performances of STS and GIAW but I wouldn't call them legendary, just memorable. I want to but I would be disgracing the ones mentioned in the OP

And no I don't agree that Love On The Brain was an iconic performance but I'm sure Rih has at least one ( I hope at least bebe1)

OT: If you noticed from the OP it's only the pop girls who put emphasis on perfomance that have legendary ones. Girls like Ariana, Taylor, Rihanna don't really care that much about iconic performances.

precisely the VMAs perfs of STS and GIAW, plus the BBMAs of  DW/Into You, NTLTC and 7 rings. Those are all memorable. I mean the stage is very vibey with cool scenography and she got the stage presence and the vocals. It is also clear that her dancing skills are impressively rising. I'd say Ari is the most iconic performer since Gaga. hottie1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.