Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

imahunter

Taylor only main pop girl without an iconic performance?

4 hours ago, Infrared said:

I have. She literally has zero iconic performances. Ya’ll slap the word on WAY too easily. 

We’re talking about I’m A Slave 4 U, Gimme More, Paparazzi, Like a Virgin, Beyoncé’s Self ST and Lemonade performance. The level of excellence that requires is massive. It’s not just any average performance or one that gets a standing ovation. That’s that on that. That’s why there are so rare and few. 

rip2

Can we keep a serious discussion, please? Why the hell are you mentioning Gimme More? That is one of the most embarrassing performances in the history of award shows and even Rihanna who was in the crowd was laughing at Britney. 

Anyway, I'm a Madonna fan and you are a Gaga fan, so know your place when it comes to judging iconic performances. That said, if you check again my original post I'm claiming that Ari is the most iconic performer post-Gaga. That does not mean that Ari performances are 100% iconic, but that she delivered better performances than the other pop girls. Am I wrong? If not Ari, who else is the most iconic performer since Gaga? Please, do not tell me Miley Cirus...brit4

17 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

If not Ari, who else is the most iconic performer since Gaga? Please, do not tell me Miley Cirus...brit4

No one xtina11

Ariana's performances are usually good, but that doesn't make them iconic dead2 STS at VMAs comes close, but I really wouldn't call it iconic. Not when it had Sicki in it.

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

rip2

Can we keep a serious discussion, please? Why the hell are you mentioning Gimme More? That is one of the most embarrassing performances in the history of award shows and even Rihanna who was in the crowd was laughing at Britney. 

Anyway, I'm a Madonna fan and you are a Gaga fan, so know your place when it comes to judging iconic performances. That said, if you check again my original post I'm claiming that Ari is the most iconic performer post-Gaga. That does not mean that Ari performances are 100% iconic, but that she delivered better performances than the other pop girls. Am I wrong? If not Ari, who else is the most iconic performer since Gaga? Please, do not tell me Miley Cirus...brit4

What exactly is my place when you can't deny any of the performances I listed brit4

Fossil has had some of the most panned performances of the past few years. And not in a good way. Gaga's Oscar performance alone has over 200-300 million views and catapulted the song to #1 as well as over 5 million streams in one day. That's an iconic moment. Iconic doesn't need to be only GOOD performances. It's performances that are in embedded in the history of pop and performances people continue to bring up. Janet getting her tit exposed is a great example. Lana flopping on SNL is another. As well as Sinead O Conner ripping up a photo of the pope on SNL. No one gives a shit about Areola's lukewarm performances.

I don't need to hear from you again because I know you have nothing of significance to say about the subject. Present facts, not opinions.

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Gimme More WAS iconic. Not because it was a good performance, but because of how bad it was. It’s smack in the middle of her infamous breakdown. Slave is iconic for representing prime Britney, whereas Gimme More is iconic in representing the breakdown of Britney, one of the most iconic moments in music history.

5 hours ago, Infrared said:

What exactly is my place when you can't deny any of the performances I listed brit4

Fossil has had some of the most panned performances of the past few years. And not in a good way. Gaga's Oscar performance alone has over 200-300 million views and catapulted the song to #1 as well as over 5 million streams in one day. That's an iconic moment. Iconic doesn't need to be only GOOD performances. It's performances that are in embedded in the history of pop and performances people continue to bring up. Janet getting her tit exposed is a great example. Lana flopping on SNL is another. As well as Sinead O Conner ripping up a photo of the pope on SNL. No one gives a shit about Areola's lukewarm performances.

I don't need to hear from you again because I know you have nothing of significance to say about the subject. Present facts, not opinions.

You got some nerve to come for Madonna after labeling "iconic" the Gimme More and Shallow performances, I give you that. rip2

Can you make one single example of a recent bad Madonna performance? When Madonna fall at the Brits it became the most iconic moment in Brits' history and it was iconic not just the cape but also the way she carried on, the stage and the concept behind.  Madonna can even miss some notes and still deliver iconic performances, as proved by the recent Eurovision. I recommend you to watch it. The theatrics, costumes and visuals give goosebumps and the message is so powerful and rebellious. Even if she missed some notes, she did what nobody else could have done. Once again, she pushed boundaries and broke taboo. That is an example of real iconic performance. brit4

Janet got some iconic performances too even without mentioning her tits. Iconic =/= controversial brit4

Lana flopping at SNL is not an iconic moment cuz her fandom is not that big lbr and even if Gaga performance at the Oscar was good it is not enough to impact the history of pop, which is packed with other duet performances of good vocalists who can also play the piano. Personally, I don't recall any iconic performance from the Oscar. Madonna's Sooner or Later is easily one of the most entertaining Oscar performances and she got much better dancing skills and stage presence than Gaga, but still I would not label it an "iconic performance". That said, streaming and chart position are also not equivalent with being iconic and memorable, wake up.

Finally, it is kinda hypocritical to try push Shallow as iconic when Ariana delivered more touching duet performances featuring the iconic Stevie Wonder and John Legend ny14

Oh btw Ariana's One Love Concert is iconic and will always be remembered ari4

16 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Gimme More WAS iconic. Not because it was a good performance, but because of how bad it was. It’s smack in the middle of her infamous breakdown. Slave is iconic for representing prime Britney, whereas Gimme More is iconic in representing the breakdown of Britney, one of the most iconic moments in music history.

an iconic embarrassing moment kesha5

7 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Whether or not it was embarrassing doesn’t take away from it being iconic kesha5 

lol so any main pop girl can show up on stage, make some bad moves and lip synching and then boast of delivering an iconic moment? mad7

lol so any main pop girl can show up on stage, make some bad moves and lip synching and then boast of delivering an iconic moment? mad7

why is it so difficult for you to understand that's NOT why it's considered iconic? i....

It was because of the cultural phenomenon that was the entire world watching Britney having her meltdown. The ‘07 VMA’s encapsulates the fall of Britney at that time. For better or worse, it was iconic. Other artists may have bad performances, but theirs aren’t contributed to being a “princess of pop” falling from grace while every person in the world watches.

46 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

It was because of the cultural phenomenon that was the entire world watching Britney having her meltdown. The ‘07 VMA’s encapsulates the fall of Britney at that time. For better or worse, it was iconic. Other artists may have bad performances, but theirs aren’t contributed to being a “princess of pop” falling from grace while every person in the world watches.

slow down lol Britney was not the first pop princess to fall from grace and it wasn't a cultural phenomenon by any way you look at it. Ok, Britney was huge, but still just another pop princess with a relative short career so it was expected a fall. It would be too easy for Ariana, who's the current pop princess, to have a public meltdown on stage in order to get everyone attention and secure an iconic performance, don't you think? I'm sorry, but generally speaking an iconic performance is something great that you shouldn't be embarrassed by. 

20 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

slow down lol Britney was not the first pop princess to fall from grace and it wasn't a cultural phenomenon by any way you look at it. Ok, Britney was huge, but still just another pop princess with a relative short career so it was expected a fall. It would be too easy for Ariana, who's the current pop princess, to have a public meltdown on stage in order to get everyone attention and secure an iconic performance, don't you think? I'm sorry, but generally speaking an iconic performance is something great that you shouldn't be embarrassed by. 

Are you 12 and didn’t live through the ‘07 Britney meltdown? brit10

Name a meltdown more iconic. The only one that comes close was Michael Jackson dangling his kid from a window and his court shenanigans. Britney was known as the “girl next door,” yet spiraled into shaving her head, attacking cars with umbrellas, and was THE trending media story for a long time. The ‘07 VMA’s was iconic to all of this too.

I’ll wait. brit12

17 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Are you 12 and didn’t live through the ‘07 Britney meltdown? brit10

Name a meltdown more iconic. The only one that comes close was Michael Jackson dangling his kid from a window and his court shenanigans. Britney was known as the “girl next door,” yet spiraled into shaving her head, attacking cars with umbrellas, and was THE trending media story for a long time. The ‘07 VMA’s was iconic to all of this too.

I’ll wait. brit12

iconic performance =/= low quality dance moves + lip synching kylie3

Any pop princess at her peak would gain a lot of media coverage if she had a public meltdown. When someone at the top falls the gp is very thirsty of news. Are MJ court trials iconic too, then? brit10

43 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

iconic performance =/= low quality dance moves + lip synching kylie3

Any pop princess at her peak would gain a lot of media coverage if she had a public meltdown. When someone at the top falls the gp is very thirsty of news. Are MJ court trials iconic too, then? brit10

Oh dear, this is hard for you to grasp. brit10 

Iconic doesn’t mean good OR bad quality. It literally means it’s one of the most memorable things about that artist. Her VMA performance, along with the entire breakdown, is iconic to her history. And yes, MJ’s court trials are iconic too. Do you know any pop music history? brit10 

17 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Oh dear, this is hard for you to grasp. brit10 

Iconic doesn’t mean good OR bad quality. It literally means it’s one of the most memorable things about that artist. Her VMA performance, along with the entire breakdown, is iconic to her history. And yes, MJ’s court trials are iconic too. Do you know any pop music history? brit10 

iconic is memorable due to the fact that it is really good to the point of veneration almost. Do you celebrate Britney's performance? Nah it is cringe to watch it.

MJ had some iconic performances, but his court trials are just repugnant and destroyed his career. That is not the iconic side of him. brit10

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.