Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

RUMOR: Lana begging Baz Luhrmann to cast her as Priscilla Presley in upcoming Elvis biopic

Lana Del Rey has thrown her hat in the ring to play her idol and doppelganger Priscilla Presley in a Baz Luhrmann biopic about Elvis’ life — and she won’t rest until she gets the part, RadarOnline.com has learned.

“Lana feels it’s a role she was born to play,” an insider told Radar. “She’s has her agent badgering Baz for months now, hoping to get her cast.”

Del Rey, 34, is a big-time Elvis fan, and she even recorded a special song, simply titled “Elvis,” for the 2018 documentary The King.

Luhrmann’s upcoming biopic, which is yet to be titled, covers Elvis’ rise to fortune and fame, including meeting wife Priscilla.

“Lana looks just like Priscilla and has decided there’s no way she won’t get the part,” the source said.

On Monday, July 15, Luhrmann revealed that Broadway star Austin Butler, who co-stars in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on the big screen, will play Elvis in the movie. Meanwhile, Tom Hanks will portray Presley’s long-time manager, Colonel Tom Parker.

But Luhrmann, famed director of Moulin Rogue! and The Great Gatsby, is reportedly hesitant to cast Del Rey, who doesn’t exactly have an extensive acting reel.

“Baz is nervous because she hasn’t exactly proved her acting chops, but it’s her lifelong dream to break onto the big screen,” the insider explained, revealing, “She’s been driving her friend Kristen Stewart crazy, badgering her for method acting tips at every opportunity.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/07/lana-del-rey-begging-priscilla-presley-elvis-biopic/

8 minutes ago, Venom said:

Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz was 11 and Stephanie from LazyTown was 8; it isnt rocket science wendy1

What I’m saying is that I think Baz may be looking for someone younger sia1

honestly I've been ruminating on this and it's actually really what we deserve periodT eve1 give her the goddamn role! Great Gatsby sucked so it's not like I'm gonna tune in for the actual product but she needs the buzz and when it's right it's right! jj2 

I doubt this bc it's RadarOnline and they said KStew because Lana's on the Angels soundtrack but wow she deserves her ASIB moment oprah10 I feel like she could rise up the challenge bc National Anthem video whew Oscar worthy!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.