Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Katy will release an album "if there’s demand for a full body of work."

"For the past year, I’ve basically said I’m not making a record," she explained. "It’s a big commitment of time and touring. I’ve done that for the past four records and for almost ten years straight. I’m trying to investigate some normal balance in my life.

"I’m not making a record but I’m still writing songs and going into the studio. I definitely have a couple of songs that I really love and I’m excited to share with the world in the very near future."

An album is not completely out of the question however. Katy confirmed to Zach Sang that an album could potentially be released "if there’s demand for a full body of work."

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/katy-perry-to-release-new-song-harleys-in-hawaii-in-the-very-near-future__26878/

S8kvR7G.gif

This just sounds so tasteless. Almost ungrateful in a way. Im not sure. I've always been a fan but, this just sounds bad. Your fans gave you your career and now you will only release an album "if there is a demand?" are we no longer enough? 

also me ripping my stan card but only pretending too just in case this was just mis context 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Miley said:

This just sounds so tasteless. Almost ungrateful in a way. Im not sure. I've always been a fan but, this just sounds bad. Your fans gave you your career and now you will only release an album "if there is a demand?" are we no longer enough? 

What she meant was that she's just recording these songs for fun, etc. and without the intent to be on an album; it's not that shes holding an album back unless she gets sales, it's that she might figure something out and put an album with these songs together if people want it 

aura1

Albums don’t feel as enjoyable when they’re just thrown together because of the demand. Wait until you actually feel inspired and give us a real project, otherwise it’ll probably be flavorless.

I understand not being in a place to record a full album, but the answer of "I'll only do one if there's demand for one" just makes me feel like she's scorned that one album didn't do so well so now she's effectively quit until she's actively asked back.

I really hate the recent trend of pop girls throwing a million singles out and seeing if any of them stick before releasing a full album. Don't get me wrong, I understand her sentiment regarding just enjoying music on her terms and I know the music landscape and the way we consume music has changed drastically, but she sounds like she doesn't want to release one just because of Witness. Plus almost all of her fans want an album so her reasoning doesn't hold much weight.

I can't believe y'all still trust miss "I'm taking a break and going to college." She's most likely just saying this to throw her fans off scent again, and to save face just in case these singles tanked. Remember, she just came back from a string of flops and they're aware that she could be pulling Bon Appétit numbers. Yet she's already talking about a second single, so NRO must have exceeded her expectations. But even aside from that, this era already has a consistent aesthetic and she's confirmed to be touring next year. A body of work is coming!

If I'm honest though, I wouldn't mind if she just kept releasing singles. Album releases have becoming so lackluster lately. I'd rather her keep us excited with good songs here and there than to just drop an album, flop, not push any singles and then tour every continent rip4

5 hours ago, AngryAzalean said:

It seems to me like she feels pressured to put an album out and THEN tour because of it. But you don't have to tour when you put an album out...so why can't she just do that?

But this is how they make money. They have to make an album to tour with. They get the most money with tours but with no new music no one wants to go to a tour.

11 minutes ago, DW said:

But this is how they make money. They have to make an album to tour with. They get the most money with tours but with no new music no one wants to go to a tour.

I understand that but some artists i.e - Adele just want to make albums and not have to tour. Katy doesn't NEED money she's loaded, she could put an album out without touring if she wanted to, I just wonder if she DOES want to do that, cuz that's what I think.

Katy LOVES touring and meeting KC's. She literally told a KC on facetime back in December she was touring in 2020...mind you this was said before she got engaged, so she could've changed her mind (which I doubt she has...) why would she say to a KC that she's touring next year and then doesn't...She can always go the HKT route and have a tour start in February 2020 and end in November 2020...that tour was short.

Katy got so much **** during the Witness era, I don't blame her for saying this.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:37 AM, AngryAzalean said:

It seems to me like she feels pressured to put an album out and THEN tour because of it. But you don't have to tour when you put an album out...so why can't she just do that?

It could be part of her label contract that she has to tour any album she puts out. Idk, just a guess tbh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.