Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Beyoncé flopping why?

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

I meant that C2C has approximately first week sales as EIL as they are both joint albums. If people would point to that album as Gaga's decline like they do with Beyonce they would quickly jump and say it was a side project, Joanne sold more etc. 

I just don't get why people jump and say Beyonce's over when she hasn't put a solo albums since 2016 and equal side projects as indicative where her career is going.

But they're not even remotely equal rip4 

Beyonce was coming off her biggest era + Jay-Z isn't exactly a flop artist himself rip4 

Tony Bennett is a million years old, small fanbase, and Gaga was coming off the disaster of ARTPOP with a JAZZ album.

and ASIB outpeformed in every way possible music wise, so no they're not the same. 

UAMcH6S.gif

7 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Actually, I would and have always applauded C2C. C2C did 131k which is GREAT for a jazz album lmfao2 You realize Tony's album before and after that didn't pull in numbers anywhere close to that. and right now it's close to 800,000 copies just outperforming ARTPOP rip4 

Both EIL and The Gift are mainstream albums with mainstream music. Jay-Z and Beyonce are literally the two most successful artists TODAY in their respective fields, enough to launch stadium tours TWICE with HUGE fanbases. Let's not forget Jay-Z had other joint albums that sold MUCH more and he's been featured on several big hits of hers. Don't downplay it sis. Let's not. 

Beyonce fucked up her career by acting as if she's above Spotify and Apple Music and wants to be a critic darling and now it's biting her in the ass. 

If her joint albums outperform her solo albums then it means people are not here for solo Gaga lmfao2 It seems she draws more interest when she's not the whole focus.lmfao2 Which is the opposite of Bey.

But anwyay Lemonade did 600k first week. Quote me when gagz does that with her next solo album.

UAMcH6S.gif

I mean as much as we want to call this a Beyonce era, is it really? This is Disney and this movie was going to be massive with or without Beyonce. She just did it for a cute coin and a strategic Oscar nomination/win for Best song.

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

If her joint albums outperform her solo albums then it means people are not here for solo Gaga lmfao2 It seems she draws more interest when she's not the whole focus.lmfao2 Which is the opposite of Bey.

But anwyay Lemonade did 600k first week. Quote me when gagz does that with her next solo album.

UAMcH6S.gif

It's 2019 sis, no one will do those numbers anymore, certainly not even Queen B, she can't even do over 200k anymore. and Gaga already 1 million first week, number Beyonka will never see. 

UAMcH6S.gif

Is The Gift a joint album now? It's clearly labeled as a Beyonce album with features.

UAMcH6S.gif

19 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I mean as much as we want to call this a Beyonce era, is it really? This is Disney and this movie was going to be massive with or without Beyonce. She just did it for a cute coin and a strategic Oscar nomination/win for Best song.

This is the problem?? dead4 The movie is very popular (almost $300 million in 3 days), yet Beyonce didn't manage to sell even 100k with the soundtrack. Even MX did better, wth. dead4

Gaga and Rih stans trashtalking Beyoncé.

I guess y'all really bored since both of your faves have decided to start selling make up so they don't have to see your pressed asses in person.

What really impresses me is how Gaga stans are now claiming Joanne and acting like y'all have been always loyal to her and her artistry like if y'all didn't drag Gag's dead aunt through the mud because Gaga chose not to do the generic pop music y'all wanted. Yes, Beyoncé ain't doing big numbers with TLK:TG and neither did she with EIL (or 4), but what y'all know is that we spend our money to watch her live. Because them physical sales might have been declining but her touring numbers have been consistent even after updating to STADIUMS. Something both of your "impactful" faves can't say.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

My next one will be special for Monsters: "Not judging other faves for talking about their marital issues through music when mine cancelled an engagement to boost sales".

UAMcH6S.gif

3 minutes ago, Madame X said:

This is the problem?? dead4 The movie is very popular (almost $300 million in 3 days), yet Beyonce didn't manage to sell even 100k with the soundtrack. Even MX did better, wth. dead4

Are you really comparing a solo project with a collab album based on a Disney movie?

orangu1

1 minute ago, Manel said:

Are you really comparing a solo project with a collab album based on a Disney movie?

orangu1

Do you know how many copies did the Frozen soundtrack sell? Over 10 million. orangu1 I'm not comparing, i'm just saying i was expecting a way bigger number, she has her stanbase plus a movie that exposed the album a lot to GP, being in a Disney movie is only helping her. That's how ASIB did that good commercially, you think that if it was a solo LG album, it would've do that good on charts? orangu1

Just now, Madame X said:

Do you know how many copies did the Frozen soundtrack sell? Over 10 million. orangu1 I'm not comparing, i'm just saying i was expecting a way bigger number, she has her stanbase plus a movie that exposed the album a lot to GP, being in a Disney movie is only helping her. That's how ASIB did that good commercially, you think that if it was a solo LG album, it would've do that good on charts? orangu1

Sis, but this is not the soundtrack of the movie. It's an album inspired by The Lion King which is separate from the soundtrack.

ASIB soundtrack did well because of Shallow (which was a CLEAR fave since the snippets leaked).

Advanced issues found

25 minutes ago, Manel said:

Gaga and Rih stans trashtalking Beyoncé.

I guess y'all really bored since both of your faves have decided to start selling make up so they don't have to see your pressed asses in person.

What really impresses me is how Gaga stans are now claiming Joanne and acting like y'all have been always loyal to her and her artistry like if y'all didn't drag Gag's dead aunt through the mud because Gaga chose not to do the generic pop music y'all wanted. Yes, Beyoncé ain't doing big numbers with TLK:TG and neither did she with EIL (or 4), but what y'all know is that we spend our money to watch her live. Because them physical sales might have been declining but her touring numbers have been consistent even after updating to STADIUMS. Something both of your "impactful" faves can't say.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

My next one will be special for Monsters: "Not judging other faves for talking about their marital issues through music when mine cancelled an engagement to boost sales".

UAMcH6S.gif

cool story bro. Imagine have stadiums filled and no one cares to buy your new music. Madonna stans can relate since 2012.

I guess they're busy watching the same performances being resold to them tour after tour. UAMcH6S.gif

15 minutes ago, Manel said:

Sis, but this is not the soundtrack of the movie. It's an album inspired by The Lion King which is separate from the soundtrack.

ASIB soundtrack did well because of Shallow (which was a CLEAR fave since the snippets leaked).

in other words, a Beyonce solo effort she tried to tie in with the movie for a quick dollar and an oscar and the GP saw through it. ASIB did well because the songs are relatable and are of actual quality. 

UAMcH6S.gif

Rihanna remains the biggest forehead of this century but nothing else.

Adele and Taylor likely already have the bigger career at this point, if she didn't spend the past 3 years selling rhat beauty products then possibly. But then again she would probably just flop anyway 

i love bey but it’s undeniable at this point that she’s on a sharp decline. i’m still perched for her next solo album but it seems clear that the GP no longer cares as much, it’s really up to her fan base now to carry her sales

something bout my faves getting bg threads give me a buzz bc for a long time this entire section was ALWAYS about the same thing

but anyways y’all gave her shit for that joint album being #2 and now that this lion king album going #1 its STILL a problem to be found i- rip4 

Are we really surprised? The Waspsnest really like to over exaggerated how big Beyonce is. I've not heard a Beyonce song besides Crazy In Love on the radio since like 2011 with "Best Thing I Never Had".

7 hours ago, Simón. said:

Yeah the TLK is nowhere promoted. An indie movie 

Oh please 🙄 

last few weeks every time I was watching something on YouTube there wasn’t TLK trailer with each single video I wanted to watch

7 hours ago, Infrared said:

She was always on a decline but the gimmicks pushed the sales a bit more.  Eventually, it'd catch up to her gaga1

The album literally has no relevance to the movie.

girl bye lmfao2  Lion King has a way bigger budget than ASIB and is set to make almost triple of what the ASIB made in its first week alone in the U.S bebe1

October sales literally have nothing to do with the Holiday season given that actual Christmas shopping starts in mid-end November lmfao2

Here are the ACTUAL receipts

Joanne (201k) ---> ASIB (231k)

Everything is Love (123k) ---> TLK (70k or less) lmfao2 

One fanbase stayed loyal while the other is declining lmfao2 

What movie budget has to do with music sales ?

ASIB is very loved movie and was anticipated more then TLK because it was for adults and comparing to other three movies

Not many adults was waiting for TLK because them who watched first animated version are grow ups and they don’t care 

Mostly kids might wants to see TLK 

Lady Ga Ga she didn’t win any major awards for an acting only music and music was written by few people so it’s nothing to brag about she won this and she won that but she failed in major categories what tells you how good actress she is

Swallow is mellow ballad where adults loves this shit

Spirit is more an anthem to old cartoon

plus ASIB has two privileged white people and handsome guy who debuted as director

so yeah ASIB maybe has bigger acclaim might have more awards and whatever but TLK The Gift stomps on ASIB OST in terms of quality and as I said afrobeat in Trumps America did had chance 

she tried it but at least #1 will be given 

Plus sales is dead and album has been released in summer time when is no sales even for huge artists look at LilNas his ep after huge song being 16 weeks at the top

ok 

Ga Ga won let’s see how she do with the next album 

7 hours ago, Gravity said:

How you gonna compare Lemonade a solo album with a joint album with a man the beyhive hate and a soundtrack album which is not even hers since other people sing on this album ?? And yes her latest release is Lemonade as a solo artist. 

I don't think you gagz fans would be pleased to count C2C numbers on her overall career. But we know yall arent that smart. ASIB gave y'all gas

It’s not like ASIB is Ga Ga’s album

brit9

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.