Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

What is going ON?!

46 minutes ago, Phoebe said:

ENOUGH! K-POP CRAWL BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CAME OUT OF!

Okay but we STAN Blackpink

200w.gif

1 hour ago, Divine said:

Don’t know what ramen had to do with pop girls and the current music climate either but that didn’t stop you from popping in to post that. Carry on now FOTP user Freaky Prince.

200w.gif

Stream XXXTC

200w.gif

56 minutes ago, Divine said:

If kpop was just western pop from a few years ago, then FOTP really has no excuse to not stan, no? That’s the sound they desperately want back and years they refuse to leave so it only makes sense

giphy.gif

Because western pop was in a language we can understand and usually stanned in solo artists rather than label-created groups

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Divine said:

Ariana Grande Butera is not only experiencing her biggest era to date, but also has created some of her best music as well. I know it’s very hard for a lot of pop forum gays and hags to let go of the past (their refusal to accept streaming in 2019 and their instant hate for any new girl for example) but it’s time y’all venture out a bit. I’m finding some of my favorite songs outside of the FOTP faves, especially in kpop girls and girl groups. You’ll soon forget about the dusty old girls in the OP soon enough once you do decide to venture into present day and the wait for their next projects become a lot more bearable. xx

Ariana is literally a fad and she’ll literally be doing nothing in a few years cause people will forget about her. Her stans got brave just because she starting getting number 1’s and that’s the truth kylie5

10 minutes ago, Venom said:

Because western pop was in a language we can understand and usually stanned in solo artists rather than label-created groups

giphy.gif

Don’t see why the language matters when people from other countries can and do listen to English songs and even Americans listen to Spanish songs as well? Why does it become a problem when it’s in korean? And let’s not get into the manufactured argument since the same can very easily be applied to most pop singers from the 80s-current.

giphy.gif

I just find it weird how this forum will jump through every possible hoop to bash kpop with thinly veiled xenophobic posts. The fact that this thread started out as a thread about pop girls flopping and not releasing good songs lately and it turned into a "we hate kpop!!!!" thread within a single page all because I said I was eating good kinda speaks volumes. But keep going off about how asians look the same and their language is hard to understand while making jokes about mistreatment in the music industry (yes MUSIC industry, including the west because it happens just as bad in the west as well and you're lying to yourself if you believe otherwise). It's a really good look on yourself and this forum.

200w.gif

the majority western pop artists that most of y’all stan and the ones that are given sections on this site are just as fake, manufactured, and inauthentic as you think kpop idols are. the difference is that western artists tend to hide it so that you can relate and feel like you know them more so you’ll support their music even when it’s pure shit but y’all don’t seem ready to understand that 

Y'all are so quick to label negative opinions about kpop as "thinly veiled racism"

By that logic, y'all are racists for not liking English-focused artists that make the same musical sound with more artistic input

200w.gif

51 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

the majority western pop artists that most of y’all stan and the ones that are given sections on this site are just as fake, manufactured, and inauthentic as you think kpop idols are. the difference is that western artists tend to hide it so that you can relate and feel like you know them more so you’ll support their music even when it’s pure shit but y’all don’t seem ready to understand that 

It's not about the manufactured thing, every pop artist is to a certain extent. It's the fact that these idols have no personalities outside of the ones given by their company, they are forced to go on deadly diets before comebacks that make them faint and fucks with their bodies in the long run, some people are straight up anorexic from the pressure by the companies, they are not allowed to go out on their own anywhere until a certain point in their career, they are not allowed to have a phone until they have some success. A lot of people have quit the industry or left their groups because of their worsening mental health in these harsh conditions. Because when they're an idol they are not a person. They are basically what their fans want them to be. If they do anything other than is expected of them then their career is over. Companies make up the perfect fantasy for others to get invested in these idols preferably for their whole lives. The korean GP sees idols as distractions from their jobs and miserable lives so they always have to be perfect, smiling, singing and dancing. Basically a robot or puppet

Women in their 20s and early 30s still being virginal, wearing white dresses and talking about 'the flutter of first love' like a teenager. Don't you see how fucked up that is? Even Britney was like fuck it when she was 19. It's like 90s teenage boom or Disney channel on steroids. 

You cant compare faves like Mariah, Xtina, Madonna etc. to them and say oh they're just as fake when they got control of their careers, released some of the deepest pop albums and actually have personalities of their own and don't have to jump windows to get out of their dorms bcuz if their managers find they sneaked out they're gonna be punished in some way. 

Like if yall like the music it's okay but don't act like these people are normal. And I know that western industry is shit aswell but I don't think it turns them into robots. The western labels don't control and dictate the faves whole life from what they eat to how much they sleep. If that would've been the case they would release albums every year like kpop groups do.

Also, I completely forgot that I wanted to quote a specific post wendy1

7 hours ago, Divine said:

Ariana Grande Butera is not only experiencing her biggest era to date, but also has created some of her best music as well. I know it’s very hard for a lot of pop forum gays and hags to let go of the past (their refusal to accept streaming in 2019 and their instant hate for any new girl for example) but it’s time y’all venture out a bit. I’m finding some of my favorite songs outside of the FOTP faves, especially in kpop girls and girl groups. You’ll soon forget about the dusty old girls in the OP soon enough once you do decide to venture into present day and the wait for their next projects become a lot more bearable. xx

Telling people to branch out and then citing Ariana Grande + the most well-known kpop groups is lowkey embarrassing and reflects something on your part wendy1

stan ariana

stan charli

stan rosalia

stan tinashe

stan fka twigs

there are plentiful of new talent out there that you all refuse to entertain for petty reasoms

expand your horizons 

2 minutes ago, worIdwideangeI said:

stan ariana

stan charli

stan rosalia

stan tinashe

stan fka twigs

not new or unknown

not new or unknown

fair

fair

not new or unknown

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

Telling people to branch out and then citing Ariana Grande + the most well-known kpop groups is lowkey embarrassing and reflects something on your part wendy1

1. Ariana was to reference how not all pop girls are flopping nor releasing bad music

2. Where did I reference ANY kpop group in that post? I simply cited the genre as an example of finding new music outside of the FOTP fave comfort zone that even I was once guilty of staying in.

3. It's been 7 hours and I'm over this conversation and thread. rip4 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.