Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

What is going ON?!

3 minutes ago, Divine said:

Where did I reference ANY kpop group in that post?

My assumption was artists you've cited previously, Twice and Loona, two groups that literally anybody with a grip on pop culture has heard of already wendy1

Just now, Venom said:

My assumption was artists you've cited previously, Twice and Loona, two groups that literally anybody with a grip on pop culture has heard of already wendy1

I don't even stan Twice. Even IF I only did stan solely the most popular groups, I fail to see how that makes my original point any less valid? rip4

also slay at loona being deemed as relevant. love that for them.

8 hours ago, Divine said:

I just find it weird how this forum will jump through every possible hoop to bash kpop with thinly veiled xenophobic posts. The fact that this thread started out as a thread about pop girls flopping and not releasing good songs lately and it turned into a "we hate kpop!!!!" thread within a single page all because I said I was eating good kinda speaks volumes. But keep going off about how asians look the same and their language is hard to understand while making jokes about mistreatment in the music industry (yes MUSIC industry, including the west because it happens just as bad in the west as well and you're lying to yourself if you believe otherwise). It's a really good look on yourself and this forum.

200w.gif

wow the amount of points you made. we stan luv xx

8 hours ago, Venom said:

Y'all are so quick to label negative opinions about kpop as "thinly veiled racism"

By that logic, y'all are racists for not liking English-focused artists that make the same musical sound with more artistic input

200w.gif

cuz that's what it is luv xx there are ways of criticizing kpop that done resort to "thinly veiled racism".

12 hours ago, Simón. said:

I don’t know why you would mention Kesha when she is such a one hit wonder. She shouldn’t be mentioned along with the other great names (except nicki lol)

Sure eve1

1 hour ago, Merryem said:

wow the amount of points you made. we stan luv xx

cuz that's what it is luv xx there are ways of criticizing kpop that done resort to "thinly veiled racism".

When in this thread has anyone said they hate kpop cuz they're asian luv ? Like show me one post.

Most of the criticism is of the music or the industry. 

But we know kpop stans like to ignore and deflect any valid criticism against kpop as racism.

14 minutes ago, Gravity said:

When in this thread has anyone said they hate kpop cuz they're asian luv ? Like show me one post.

Most of the criticism is of the music or the industry. 

But we know kpop stans like to ignore and deflect any valid criticism against kpop as racism.

yes because you have to say "i hate kpop because they're asians" to be racist...giving me republican "trump never actually said he hates black and latino people!" teas...

"deflect valid criticsm" aint you the one who said "kpop stans and their kids bop songs, go back to the kpop hole you came from?" make it make sense luv

10 minutes ago, Merryem said:

yes because you have to say "i hate kpop because they're asians" to be racist...giving me republican "trump never actually said he hates black and latino people!" teas...

"deflect valid criticsm" aint you the one who said "kpop stans and their kids bop songs, go back to the kpop hole you came from?" make it make sense luv

How is that racist?  It criticizes the music and the cringy and annoying fans. The kpop hole is the kpop thread they hang out in since I've never seen them in any other sections even though this is a western pop forum but they came into this thread like flies.

Yes valid criticism, i guess you didn't read that long ass post I wrote that actually has valid criticism against the industry and why people would be turned off by it. ari4

13 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Stan Brooke Candy and get a snatching video this Tuesday moo8

If you mention fucking Brooke Candy one more time meg1 

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

How is that racist?  It criticizes the music and the cringy and annoying fans. The kpop hole is the kpop thread they hang out in since I've never seen them in any other sections even though this is a western pop forum but they came into this thread like flies.

Yes valid criticism, i guess you didn't read that long ass post I wrote that actually has valid criticism against the industry and why people would be turned off by it. ari4

for the same reason any broad generalization is racist... dead2 you're not helping your case here.

and i did read it. case in point: there are valid ways of criticizing kpop without being racist. stick to the latter and less of the former and you're golden kylie2 

9 hours ago, Gravity said:

The kpop hole is the kpop thread they hang out in since I've never seen them in any other sections even though this is a western pop forum but they came into this thread like flies.

You're weird lol. I never see you outside of BG so what's your point? I'm not as active on the forum as I once was in general but I still post in almost every Ariana thread, I frequent the Katy and Taylor sections, I'm in the lounge fairly often and I pop in to Music Mania from time to time to see who's releasing and when. And even IF we stayed in the kpop thread exclusively, why does it matter? Where in the FOTP rules or guidelines does it say the forum is exclusively for western music discussion? But since you're keeping tabs on us in the kpop thread, why don't you get off that high horse of yours for a hot minute and say hi xoxo

1 hour ago, Divine said:

You're weird lol. I never see you outside of BG so what's your point? I'm not as active on the forum as I once was in general but I still post in almost every Ariana thread, I frequent the Katy and Taylor sections, I'm in the lounge fairly often and I pop in to Music Mania from time to time to see who's releasing and when. And even IF we stayed in the kpop thread exclusively, why does it matter? Where in the FOTP rules or guidelines does it say the forum is exclusively for western music discussion? But since you're keeping tabs on us in the kpop thread, why don't you get off that high horse of yours for a hot minute and say hi xoxo

I'm not weird lol. I just have this deep hatred for the industry and the kpop fandom in general based on my experience when I stanned. So when I see people promoting it doesnt sit well with me.

And I wasn't talking about you since I see you often. 

But the others who apparently think that western music is shit but still come to a forum where western pop is mainly discussed and only hang out in the kpop thread. Make it make sense. There are kpop forums out there where you can go where the discussion is more broad and there are more people to share music. I don't get why you would come to this forum if you hate western pop. 

Yes I checked that thread once or twice when I made my acc to see what was up but thanks for promoting my faves XoXo would be proud ari4

9 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I'm not weird lol. I just have this deep hatred for the industry and the kpop fandom in general based on my experience when I stanned. So when I see people promoting it doesnt sit well with me.

And I wasn't talking about you since I see you often. 

But the others who apparently think that western music is shit but still come to a forum where western pop is mainly discussed and only hang out in the kpop thread. Make it make sense. There are kpop forums out there where you can go where the discussion is more broad and there are more people to share music. I don't get why you would come to this forum if you hate western pop. 

Yes I checked that thread once or twice when I made my acc to see what was up but thanks for promoting my faves XoXo would be proud ari4

I agree with the points that you have made. Also, the K-pop Industry has been pretty bad, If I'm being honest, it's the industry that killed K-pop, not the artists.

There's a darkside in it that sometimes makes me want to vomit. Agencies weigh their artists and trainees to see if they're "fat" and that doesn't not sit well with me. They also clump people together to form groups that are likely to disband in a year or too because they can't focus on promoting them. This is the reason why I mostly listen to soloists. (Ailee and Paul Kim.) 

4 minutes ago, BlancLover said:

I agree with the points that you have made. Also, the K-pop Industry has been pretty bad, If I'm being honest, it's the industry that killed K-pop, not the artists.

There's a darkside in it that sometimes makes me want to vomit. Agencies weigh their artists and trainees to see if they're "fat" and that doesn't not sit well with me. They also clump people together to form groups that are likely to disband in a year or too because they can't focus on promoting them. This is the reason why I mostly listen to soloists. (Ailee and Paul Kim.) 

Yes if you really know what's going on behind the scenes it's really hard to enjoy the music anymore. It's better to stan one or two artists and not get too invested or at least it'll fuck with your mental health. That's why I decided I'll only check only for EXO and maybe some solo artists like Chungha or BoA when they release smth, and just extract myself from the fandom completely.

People talking about promoting kpop artists when it's hardly promoting but suggesting. Y'all are so eager for bops but literally show zero interest into, once again, expanding your music taste. Not only talking about kpop, but other music in general. So easy to judge a certain artist or genre without having fully listened to someone, and I can tell, considering I dragged Marilyn Manson because he scares the shit out of my wig. 

I'm not very fond of the entire kpop idea and music but I do give it tries and listen to some songs, it's hard for me to get into them since I like to sing along to songs but I can hardly understand them. Though that that's bummer, it doesn't take away how good the production is and how I wished some of my girlies used those sounds for their songs. 

Instead of going all "I'm gonna pass on that one nicki5", try to give it a listen, it will open some doors and it helps you expand your horizons. 

And do this for other music genres too, or even artists you think are basic because their radio singles are tragic. Most songs that are played on the radio and are on the charts are the artists' most basic and boring songs, so try to check out their album tracks too. 

5 hours ago, Luca said:

People talking about promoting kpop artists when it's hardly promoting but suggesting. Y'all are so eager for bops but literally show zero interest into, once again, expanding your music taste. Not only talking about kpop, but other music in general. So easy to judge a certain artist or genre without having fully listened to someone, and I can tell, considering I dragged Marilyn Manson because he scares the shit out of my wig.  

I'm not very fond of the entire kpop idea and music but I do give it tries and listen to some songs, it's hard for me to get into them since I like to sing along to songs but I can hardly understand them. Though that that's bummer, it doesn't take away how good the production is and how I wished some of my girlies used those sounds for their songs.  

Instead of going all "I'm gonna pass on that one nicki5", try to give it a listen, it will open some doors and it helps you expand your horizons.  

And do this for other music genres too, or even artists you think are basic because their radio singles are tragic. Most songs that are played on the radio and are on the charts are the artists' most basic and boring songs, so try to check out their album tracks too.  

Wholesome king. oprah2

27 minutes ago, BlancLover said:

What the fuck is a Fergie? 

G

L

A

M

O

R

O

U

S

She lowkey served some actual BAWPz tho.

Spoiler

Also she was the "vocalist" in the Black Eyed Pease. 

On 7/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Luca said:

Y'all are tired of pop music but don't even put effort into checking out new music and expanding your music taste.. lol3

You mean... There's more to music aside from the main FOTP pop girls?brit1brit15brit9

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.