Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Unapologetic Bitch

Patrick Leonard published demos from LAP sessions - Angels with Dirty Faces & Cherish & LAP

According to PL cassettes with demos are being auctioned right now, so he decided to post the demos to take away value of the tapes. 

Also songs posted by him are first ever demo takes of album songs, recorded on a day of writing each of them. 

Producer Patrick Leonard has shared the full demo of ‘Angels with Dirty Faces’, which was written during the Like A Prayer sessions.

Oh wow, that Angels demo oprah1 Never thought it would leak! 

It does sound kinda rough, but with more work, it could have slayed! Love that instrumental break at 2:40. 

Demo of LAP sounds pretty messy too, the choir and everything really made the track better! But it's interesting to see how it first was and came to be the iconic song that it is. 

Now, if rest of the LAP demos would leak, imagine that! 

Also, I wonder if Patrick will get in any trouble for uploading these?

2 hours ago, Nenifir said:

Oh wow, that Angels demo oprah1 Never thought it would leak! 

It does sound kinda rough, but with more work, it could have slayed! Love that instrumental break at 2:40. 

Demo of LAP sounds pretty messy too, the choir and everything really made the track better! But it's interesting to see how it first was and came to be the iconic song that it is. 

Now, if rest of the LAP demos would leak, imagine that! 

Also, I wonder if Patrick will get in any trouble for uploading these?

Not really, it was either this or someone (madonnas ex friend who stole the tapes) making lot of money out of it, i think he might have even contacted M and it was mutual decision thats better to publish it and take value away from it than let thief make money. 

Madonna actually tried to fight this with court order but she lost and court decided that who ever have the tapes now can sell them

32 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Not really, it was either this or someone (madonnas ex friend who stole the tapes) making lot of money out of it, i think he might have even contacted M and it was mutual decision thats better to publish it and take value away from it than let thief make money. 

Madonna actually tried to fight this with court order but she lost and court decided that who ever have the tapes now can sell them

Oh, didn't know that info! Thanks. 

Odd that the court decided to go in favour of the thief (letting them sell it). I don't think that's fair, but whatevs I guess. 

2 hours ago, Madame X said:

Bossa Nova? I need this. cry5

these are only beats/instrumentals that don't contain vocals

The tape (with vocals) is the following:

1. Like A Prayer (Demo) (Leaked)
  2. Angelo (Angels With Dirty Faces) (Leaked)
  3. Spanish Eyes (Demo) (Unleaked as of now)
  4. Cherish (Demo) (Leaked)
  5. Little Girl (Promise To Try Demo) (Unleaked as of now)
  6. Out Of Time (Till Death Do Us Part Demo) (Unleaked as of now)
  7. Dear Jessie (Demo) (Unleaked as of now)
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.