Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

Rank 'Paradise'

Advanced issues found

22 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

The Yayo hate is literally pathetic in 2019 but anyway. brit15

the Paradise edition is trash brit15 the AKA mix on the other hand...a classic, literally a classic bebe1 

34 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

the Paradise edition is trash brit15 the AKA mix on the other hand...a classic, literally a classic bebe1 

The original AKA rock version produced by Steve Mertens >>>>>>> every other version.

30 minutes ago, Aidan. said:
  1. Ride
  2. Cola
  3. Gods and Monsters
  4. Yayo
  5. Bel Air
  6. Body Electric
  7. Blue Velvet
  8. American
  9. Burning Desire
45 minutes ago, Sheezus said:
  1. Cola
  2. Yayo
  3. Bel Air
  4. Blue Velvet
  5. Gods & Monsters
  6. Body Electric
  7. Burning Desire
  8. Ride
  9. American
1 hour ago, Phoebe said:

1.png

1. Cola
  2. Bel Air
  3. Gods & Monsters
  4. Body Electric
  5. Ride
  6. Burning Desire
  7. American
  8. Blue Velvet
  9. Yayo

I'm really enjoying all this Godla love! cry6yas2 

38 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

I thought Cola was way more popular with casual listeners than actual fans. brit1

hard agree! back when I was a casual it was one of my all-time favorites, but the novelty definitely wore off fast for me brit1 

1. Blue Velvet
  2. Bel Air
  3. American
  4. Ride
  5. Gods & Monsters
  6. Burning Desire
  7. Cola
  8. Yayo
  9. Body Electric
20 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

hard agree! back when I was a casual it was one of my all-time favorites, but the novelty definitely wore off fast for me brit1 

Heaps of Lana's work is pretty shallow provocative though. I don't know why Cola specifically is singled out a lot. I reckon what you said makes more sense in terms of most of the songs on Born to Die.

Overall Paradise is probably a more mature record, including Cola. Cola compared to Lolita and Diet Mountain Dew is way less novelty. At least she's not bashing the Lolita references to death and the production is more realised on Cola.

4 hours ago, Sheezus said:

Heaps of Lana's work is pretty shallow provocative though. I don't know why Cola specifically is singled out a lot. I reckon what you said makes more sense in terms of most of the songs on Born to Die.

Overall Paradise is probably a more mature record, including Cola. Cola compared to Lolita and Diet Mountain Dew is way less novelty. At least she's not bashing the Lolita references to death and the production is more realised on Cola.

I'm not gonna argue that Lana has her fair share of shallow "shock factor" music, but Cola (and Gods & Monsters) always struck me as especially soundbitey and unnecessarily provocative shrug1 highly disagree that Diet Mountain Dew is more "shallow provocative" too! that whole shallow "doe-eyed" aesthetic is part of its appeal and is also no way even close to being as soundbitey as some of the songs on Paradise

Paradise is probably supposed to be more mature, which is why it effectively "is", but I feel like Born To Die does what it does much better bebe1

On 7/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, Sheezus said:

I thought Cola was way more popular with casual listeners than actual fans. brit1

excuse you brit1 

1. Cola
  2. Bel Air
  3. Gods and Monsters
  4. Body Electric
  5. Burning Desire
  6. Ride
  7. American
  8. Yayo
  9. Blue Velvet
  • Replies 15
  • Created