Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

ok did Madame X age like Wine or Milk for you ?

Madame X   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Milk or Vine

• aged horrible, Madame Fillers Milk is thick
    • Wine like from Angelina Jolies Castle in South France

Wine definitely, album is so much more than i expected. She really put out another defining album for her, and im so happy and proud as a fan of it. 

However i have tendency to overplay albums until im not able to enjoy them, so i force breaks on myself with listening so i can enjoy it longer as fresh cry0

Unfortunetly i didnt do that with new flawless Dido album and i just cant bother with it anymore for now jj4

It's not an album with an instant replay value (none of her albums are, sans like... American Life) but that doesn't mean it aged badly to me, in fact I like that pattern more. My favorites seem to be constantly changing and I seem to be discovering something new every time I re-listen to it, which I think wouldn't be the case if it were just an album that you continuously repeat. 

It is between wine and milk. eve1 

I don't mind if fans rank it high on their subjective lists, but if they think it is one of Madonna's best works objectively, then I think they are exaggerating. 

On many forums, it seems like fans refuse to mention album's flaws and when someone does it, they defend the album with lame excuses. 

Autotune, voice, lyrics of some songs, repetition, quality of production of some songs... Some stuff could have been done before. Looking for Mercy sounds like RH outtake. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but let's not act she served fresh and polished sounds with every song. 

She still "likes" to ruin albums with some cringe songs like Bitch I'm Loca and Funana.

That's why I place it into a category with HC, MDNA and RH. However, that isn't a bad thing. Madame X is very ambitious, but I don't understand why she needed so much time to make it. Madame X is far from perfection and it could have been much better with less songs and a little bit of tweaking.

Is it important? Yes. Because she came up with it at this point of her career, so as a whole era, it is important and defying. She served serious themes, good looks and interesting visuals. She showed the power of Madonna, the queen of pop.

I think Madame X is her first truly political album and era. American Life had like one song and video and she was political on all latest tours. However,  Madame X era delivered a lot of political songs and visuals. 

I really can't decide - this record was a mixed bag for me since day one. While other people usually were questioning the badly processed vocals, I could never get into it as a whole because I always felt like there's too much going on and the different styles or flavors do not mix too well with each other. Like there's the trap-pop album, the portugese music influenced album, the experimental electronic album, all in one body of work. It doesn't help that the production on some tracks is just... questionable, to say the least. The transitions between certain tracks are also odd, for instance putting "Dark Ballet" next to "Medellin"... what the hell were they thinking?!

There are quite a few stinkers here as well and I agree with that one poster saying that as of late she has a tendency to ruin her albums by putting a group of songs that are rather generic sounding or cringe-inducing. Stuff like Bitch I'm Loca, Future or Faz Gostoso, as fun as they are, shouldn't really have made the record. 

I Rise might be her weakest album closer. 

Saying that, Madame X offers some of the best tracks she's given us this decade - I Don't Search I Find, God Control or Ciao Bella so I am happy with that, I guess...

Am I missing something with ‘God Control’?? I personally think that it’s the best song on the album but I don’t consider it a masterpiece, or in her top 10 songs as many others have said on here. Maybe I just haven’t listened to it enough.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.