Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Old Town Road is officially the longest running #1 in Billboard history

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

His ability to self promote, interact with his fanbase, continue to meme himself as a form to promote his music is a talent of it’s own. A lot of pop girls have tried constantly to be successful with unique forms of promotion, and it does nothing.

Also the EP is not bad and shows he can create decent songs. 

This isn’t just some

“tick box for diversity”, the dude earned this. 

And here's my just an out-of-touch old bag mad5

His whole concept completely passed me by until this week mad5

Not deserved. One Sweet Day is literally a classic, masterfully written and produced, and such a meaningful, heartfelt message. Any basic bitch could've written OTR... Sorry not sorry, it's a garbage song, and it's not going to remembered as a 17 week #1 record. Bookmark me. brit15

28 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Not deserved. One Sweet Day is literally a classic, masterfully written and produced, and such a meaningful, heartfelt message. Any basic bitch could've written OTR... Sorry not sorry, it's a garbage song, and it's not going to remembered as a 17 week #1 record. Bookmark me. brit15

This whole paragraph just proves how out of touch with the culture you are brit15 

It sure gonna be remembered more than One Sweet Day which even Mariah fans forget about.

14 minutes ago, Gravity said:

This whole paragraph just proves how out of touch with the culture you are brit15 

It sure gonna be remembered more than One Sweet Day which even Mariah fans forget about.

Out of touch? lmfao2 If OTR is "the culture" now, I want no part of it. There are much better songs deserving of this feat. He BOUGHT the beat to the song... That says enough brit15 yeah it's cool a queer black man snatched the record, but I just don't think it's a quality song.

Having a different opinion of a song does not mean I'm "out of touch". Music is subjective.

1 hour ago, Miss Show Business said:

OSD is shit lol

Congratulations to him. nicki4

It’s hard enough for some artists just to get one number one, but to stay there for 4 months is a real success clap3

32 minutes ago, Liam said:

OSD is shit lol

"And I know you're shining down on me from heaven, like so many friends we've lost along the way, and I know eventually we'll be together, one sweet day"

"Yeah, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road, I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road, I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more (Kio, Kio)"

The poor taste JUMPED out!

OSD is forgotten to all hell and back and the stans themselves know it dead2 She has MUCH better songs that deserved that title, and some that are still remembered to this day.

OT: He deserved it like hell, and a black gay in country music breaks boundaries. Proud of him.

22 minutes ago, Jake said:

OSD is forgotten to all hell and back and the stans themselves know it dead2 She has MUCH better songs that deserved that title, and some that are still remembered to this day.

OT: He deserved it like hell, and a black gay in country music breaks boundaries. Proud of him.

"Forgotten" ... Yet it held the record for 24 years hottie1 With the way the music industry has changed, I wouldn't be surprised if some other basic song snatched the record within a few years. I'll agree there are more remembered Mariah songs, but the fact OSD held this record for 24 years, and was unmatched for 22 of those years, is impressive, and it CERTAINLY has been remembered by stan communities for being the longest running #1. OSD was also written and performed by a legend and highly respected singer and songwriter, who had already achieved multiple #1 singles at that point in her career. Boyz II Men already had hit songs, as well. Let's see if Lil Nas X is a name were going to remember and respect in 24 years, and let's see how many more hit singles he can achieve. kylie3

Oh, and also, OTR is NOT a country song... Putting a banjo in a trap beat doesn't make it a country song. I guarantee you traditional country music fans are NOT streaming / buying OTR brit5

Advanced issues found

5 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

"Forgotten" ... Yet it held the record for 24 years hottie1 

What is this supposed to mean???? It literally just means it was extremely popular for that time period and doesn't prove at ALL that people remember it to this day. Just because other songs were not as popular than it recently until OTR came along (lbr, If See You Again didn't release, UF would've MASSACRED it years ago) does not mean OSD is remembered dead2 

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

What is this supposed to mean???? It literally just means it was extremely popular for that time period and doesn't prove at ALL that people remember it to this day. Just because other songs were not as popular than it recently until OTR came along (lbr, If See You Again didn't release, UF would've MASSACRED it years ago) does not mean OSD is remembered dead2 

Like I said, it's CERTAINLY been remembered by stan bases for the past 24 years for it's impact on the charts and for being the longest running #1.

5 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Sistren, from what I'm reading about this song - it isn't actually any good and the stannage stems from tick-box diversity rather than talent or artistry.

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

it's not going to remembered as a 17 week #1 record. Bookmark me. brit15

wA2aTYC.gif

and I don't get why ppl say "the gays wOn etc etc" when literally 97% of the gay population haven't even listened to the song i- jj4

17 minutes ago, Ariana said:

wA2aTYC.gif

and I don't get why ppl say "the gays wOn etc etc" when literally 97% of the gay population haven't even listened to the song i- jj4

Are u dumb? jj4

It's not like OTR is some gay anthem. But it shows that a gay guy can be so popular and accepted that his song is the longest #1. It shows to others that gay people are in fact normal people that can do as well as anybody. That he came out and the song was still #1.

A non stereotypical gay man is part of the mainstream and years down the line even if the record is broken, history will know it as that long running #1 song that was by an openly LGBT member. How is this not a win? It doesn't have to be listened by all gays it just has to be good representation.

11 minutes ago, Gravity said:

history will know it as that long running #1 song

"hIsToRih wiLL knOw iT As ThaT lOnG rUnNinG sOng" 3E7F9035-61EE-4B43-A8BC-2DC35C932BC0.png

now we'll see if that song will even be remembered in the next 2 years mad1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.