Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Gay Icon ends Fatriah once and for all! #TheEvilHasBeenDefeated #OneHomophobicDayIsOver

I highly doubt Mariah a multi-millionaire and multi-platinum selling artist. Cares all that much, she even congratulated nas. That said OSD is technically speaking still the longest running #1 in pure sales. 

The only people loosing here are the petty stans on either side who are trashing the others song. I appreciate both songs (despite not being a huge of either), i'm also happy for Lil Nas and hope that he can achieve longevity post OTR. 

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

True Blue remained #1 in Europe for 34 weeks - a record that will never be broken. Hung Up & Sorry replaced each other on the WW chart for a total of 20 weeks at #1. She had the biggest song of 1986, 1989, 1990,2000 and 2005 WW. 

One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
Columbia - 1996 - 6.934.000 points

Like A Prayer - Madonna
Sire - 1989 - 9.520.000 points

Laughs in global! 

tenor.gif?itemid=4689593

OT: 

y16cbLO.gif

We’re talking about SINGLES and True Blue was NOT #1 for 34 weeks mad5 

2 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

That said OSD is technically speaking till the longest running #1 in pure sales. 

Came here to say this nicki5

Even now, Lambs will word it differently and come up with something else, like this or "Still the longest longest #1 song ever" or sumn nicki5

12 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Even now, Lambs will word it differently and come up with something else, like this or "Still the longest longest #1 song ever" or sumn nicki5

tehehehe. But i mean technically speaking it is. 

Anyway we should all take note, OSD has offically delegated ha duties down to OTR. 

Anyway we all know this isn't a real achievement by any means in modern times, i kept saying it. Streaming and memes have corrupted the music industry, notice how so many "records" have been broken or made within the past 10 years which throughout music history were usually years apart and rare

2 hours ago, Umbreon said:

We’re talking about SINGLES and True Blue was NOT #1 for 34 weeks mad5 

We're talking about all time records and Madonna's #1 for 34 weeks record will never be broken unlike Mariah's overrated one that just got destroyed by the bigger and more iconic song brit7

17 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

tehehehe. But i mean technically speaking it is. 

Anyway we should all take note, OSD has offically delegated ha duties down to OTR. 

Mariah x Lil Nas X collab incomingkylie9

brit8

She's so sweet and humblecry9

43 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Marilyn Manson AwardBLACKPINK AwardAdore Delano AwardTrixie Mattel Award

That's rich coming from you...

Michael Jackson Award Sky Ferreira Award BANKS Award Beyonce Award

oprah14 

i also love how you skipped over MCR. and 21P, Halsey etc.  are you a stan? whit1 

19 minutes ago, Jjang said:

We're talking about all time records and Madonna's #1 for 34 weeks record will never be broken unlike Mariah's overrated one that just got destroyed by the bigger and more iconic song brit7

Are you talking about the album being #1 for 34 weeks or all the singles combined? Cuz the title track was not #1 for 34 weeks... the album was... mad5 

...We’re talking about longest #1 SINGLE, which Mariah had for over 2 decades. You’re comparing an album to a single for some reason??? mad5 

55 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Yeah I’ve already seen excuses “she still has the LONGEST RECORD!!!” lol3 

8 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Are you talking about the album being #1 for 34 weeks or all the singles combined? Cuz the title track was not #1 for 34 weeks... the album was... mad5 

...We’re talking about longest #1 SINGLE, which Mariah had for over 2 decades. You’re comparing an album to a single for some reason??? mad5 

I'm talking about the album, yes. We're talking about all time #1 records - that's the theme. Hung Up was #1 for 15 weeks on the Global chart anyway, longer than any Mariah song internationally. 

I'm not sure why you're trying to undermine an album being #1 for 34 consecutive weeks lol. That's far more impressive than Mariah's newly broken record.

omg Jjang we are not talking about the harder and more impressive record to achieve, we're talking about THIS overrated one powered by corrupt radio stations! burn1

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

I'm talking about the album, yes. We're talking about all time #1 records - that's the theme. Hung Up was #1 for 15 weeks on the Global chart anyway, longer than any Mariah song internationally. 

I'm not sure why you're trying to undermine an album being #1 for 34 consecutive weeks lol. That's far more impressive than Mariah's newly broken record.

omg Jjang we are not talking about the harder and more impressive record to achieve, we're talking about THIS overrated one powered by corrupt radio stations! burn1

Well, we’re talking about SINGLES. The record broken had nothing to do with albums. That’s a COMPLETELY different record. dead4 

That’s like bragging Michael Phelps swam the fastest when we’re talking about the weight-lifting records. They’re not the same. dead4 

2 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Well, we’re talking about SINGLES. The record broken had nothing to do with albums. That’s a COMPLETELY different record. dead4 

That’s like bragging Michael Phelps swam the fastest when we’re talking about the weight-lifting records. They’re not the same. dead4 

Nah. ayumi1

It's more like "oh you won your junior championship? That's cute, I won the Olympics." type of analogy. brit7 A member was implying that Madge would wish for that kind of streak when in fact (and that is where my reply comes in) she had an even longer streak of #1's weeks for an album, which is more impressive. Facts are facts. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.