Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Stan Opinions That Trigger You

3 hours ago, Madonna said:

Guys, how do we feel about @Craigg calling Madonna's adopted children "slaves" in threads on other forums? Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest that our most recent messy member turns out to be a racist who has a history of negative reputation on many forums. nat1 

Slaves? He thinks Madonna belongs to the 80s while his views belong to the 1880s.

lol3

Miley stans who think vocal fry and pushed exclamations count as her vocal range and that she has a whistle register when in reality she doesn't. 

People who think anyone (particularly Morissette Amon) is the "next Mariah". There will never be a next Mariah, Morisette is a decent singer, but she isn't anywhere near Mariah. Just because you can hit a certain note (even if you can't control it) doesn't make you the next Mariah. There's more to what makes Mariah than just that.

People who compare Mariah, Celine and Whitney.  

I think this thread is a good example of the things I dislike about Stan culture. It's not just one particular opinion in general, but people's attitudes. Dragging people to the pits because they attacked your precious fave, or God forbid they just happen to dislike or not be a fan of their music. I also find alot of the ageism among the newer crop of fans/stans (including my own generation) pretty disgusting and revolting. There are plenty of legends and icons I don't stan or listen to, but that doesn't make them any less of a legend or an icon. At the end of the day, music is subjective. We all have different things we like and dislike, that sales or critics aren't going to change our minds about, and that's okay. We can have disagreements, but let's not call each other names and make shit so personal over fucking POP music rip4 Kimtherespeoplethataredying.gif

My music tastes have changed and evolved so much in such a short period of time, I realized how unimportant it is what others think, and just how unimportant sales, critics, and popularity are. Music is an escape for alot of people, and the last thing I want to do is come onto a fan base spewing nothing but negativity 24/7.

8 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

I think this thread is a good example of the things I dislike about Stan culture. It's not just one particular opinion in general, but people's attitudes. Dragging people to the pits because they attacked your precious fave, or God forbid they just happen to dislike or not be a fan of their music. I also find alot of the ageism among the newer crop of fans/stans (including my own generation) pretty disgusting and revolting. There are plenty of legends and icons I don't stan or listen to, but that doesn't make them any less of a legend or an icon. At the end of the day, music is subjective. We all have different things we like and dislike, that sales or critics aren't going to change our minds about, and that's okay. We can have disagreements, but let's not call each other names and make shit so personal over fucking POP music rip4 Kimtherespeoplethataredying.gif

My music tastes have changed and evolved so much in such a short period of time, I realized how unimportant it is what others think, and just how unimportant sales, critics, and popularity are. Music is an escape for alot of people, and the last thing I want to do is come onto a fan base spewing nothing but negativity 24/7.

Someone with sense, wow. I agree with everything rih1

15 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Lana's vocals control and technique is better than many other pop girls that have better vocals than her. Better than Lady Gaga for example.

kylie7

This opinion triggers you? More like the opposite. dead2 

On 8/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Craigg said:

Only people say that the 4th version is the best... your delusion is laughable

The only thing Streisand has over Gaga is her nose lmao

You're so delusional. Streisand's ASIB single 'Evergreen' spent 3 weeks at #1 and Gaga's Shallow only one week due to payola and discounting...

Things Streisand has over Gaga:

-MUCH better vocal technique

-Actually inspired legends like Mariah, Whitney Houston, Madonna (for her activism, some ppl called Barbra the original Madonna)

-More #1s 

-Barbra is the best-selling female artist EVER in the US. 68.5 M CERTIFICED units, Madonna is 2nd with 64,5M, Mariah 3rd with 64M... Gaga nowhere to be seen... https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=top_tallies&ttt=TAA#search_section

-30 platinum albums 

-won awards for DIRECTING movies

-Barbra never needed gimmicks to have longevity. She has top 10 songs in 4 different decades and #1 albums in 6 decades (record) 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.