Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wild Card

The Irony Of Beyoncé

So I was just thinking about how, although Beyoncé is at her lowest point commercially (both EIL and TLK:TG both not having gone number 1 and Spirit ‘flopping’), she’s still somehow bigger than she was before in terms of popularity and artistry. It’s as if with every new project and era, she invents herself. On top of this, with the Disney and Adidas brand deals, she’s quite literally shoving her face in the public despite the fact her recent projects are flopping

Why do you think this is happening?

Other fanbases are starting to get brave now because her new material hasn’t gone to number 1. They say her career is gone because she’s been “flopping for the past year or so” and have conveniently forgotten to mention Beychella, her sold out tour, Homecoming, her ADIDAS x Ivy Park deal and her multi million movie deal with Disney. She stays above everyone else in the industry even when she’s not on the Billboard charts or selling millions and when B7 comes out all the stans who have been getting brave are gonna sit the fuck down and go back to hibernating.

16 minutes ago, Beyoncé said:

Other fanbases are starting to get brave now because her new material hasn’t gone to number 1. They say her career is gone because she’s been “flopping for the past year or so” and have conveniently forgotten to mention Beychella, her sold out tour, Homecoming, her ADIDAS x Ivy Park deal and her multi million movie deal with Disney. She stays above everyone else in the industry even when she’s not on the Billboard charts or selling millions and when B7 comes out all the stans who have been getting brave are gonna sit the fuck down and go back to hibernating.

clock the girls!!!!

bey5

19 minutes ago, Beyoncé said:

Exactly! There’s more to music than just albums and singles sales/charts. Shame that most of people favs only have them.

13 hours ago, Wild Card said:

So I was just thinking about how, although Beyoncé is at her lowest point commercially (both EIL and TLK:TG both not having gone number 1 and Spirit ‘flopping’), she’s still somehow bigger than she was before in terms of popularity and artistry. It’s as if with every new project and era, she invents herself. On top of this, with the Disney and Adidas brand deals, she’s quite literally shoving her face in the public despite the fact her recent projects are flopping

Why do you think this is happening?

Mod Notice
Do not instigate drama in the artist sections.

12 hours ago, Craigg said:
Mod Notice

She constantly switches up ever era and bring something new to the table how is she bad at reinvention? How was Beychella not a good performance? It’s one of the greatest of all time and completely different to everything she’s ever done before apart from the songs and how is her being a culturally important artist boring? The general public still eat her up and I find it hilarious you think just because people don’t buy her music that they don’t like her, if they’re not buying the album then they’re streaming it. And why do you keep bringing up her tour sales when her last 3 tours have been 100% sold out? She’s one of the greatest vocalists of all time, her voice is nowhere near lackluster and her dancing is nowhere near stiff so stop lying to yourself, I doubt you’ve even watched the performance if you’re making those comments. She also doesn’t need nostalgia to give a good performance that’s why she stopped doing Destiny’s Child medleys after IASF era and only brought them to Beychella because it was their 20th anniversary so get your facts right. And as for the new music it is everything but lackluster and you’ve probably only listened to Apeshit once so sit down. Stop getting pressed and making up lies because your fave will never rise to her level and you know it, you’re just mad and hate to watch her succeed.

I can't take anyone who says Beychella is lackluster seriously. 

Like call me when any other fave sings 100% live, while dancing almost all the show, looking HAPPY while doing it , enjoying herself on stage and being in control of herself as an artist and a woman.

3 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I can't take anyone who says Beychella is lackluster seriously. 

Like call me when any other fave sings 100% live, while dancing almost all the show, looking HAPPY while doing it , enjoying herself on stage and being in control of herself as an artist and a woman.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. The comments they make clearly shows that they haven’t even watched the performance yet

12 hours ago, Craigg said:
Mod Notice

Ok what this thread didn’t ask for was negativity. Please see yourself out. Wouldn’t see reinvention? Didn’t she popularise releasing albums unannounced and on Fridays? And if she wasn’t popular why can’t you keep her name out of your mouth? Everybody's talking about the album, trust me, I hear it all the time. Just because it isn’t being sold doesn’t mean it isn’t talked about. Beychella was ground breaking because you couldn’t name another person doing it as hard and as well as she is. Lackluster vocals? Beyoncé is a Mezzo-Soprano who can support up to F#5’s consistently- something very few popular Soprano’s can achieve at all. Educate yourself before you look like a fool online.

5 minutes ago, Beyoncé said:

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I bet they haven’t even watched the performance yet 

Literally. I used to have the same opinion about the performance without even watching it saying it's overhyped, overrated etc. But when I watched it, this performance made me a stan. Like I liked her music before but Beychella made me respect her bcuz I've never seen anyone do it like that. bey9

This is why she doesn't need to be always top 10 or always #1 because her artistry, hard work, dedication and love for her work speak for themselves.bey2

3 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Literally. I used to have the same opinion about the performance without even watching it saying it's overhyped, overrated etc. But when I watched it, this performance made me a stan. Like I liked her music before but Beychella made me respect her bcuz I've never seen anyone do it like that. bey9

This is why she doesn't need to be always top 10 or always #1 because her artistry, hard work, dedication and love for her work speak for themselves.bey2

YES YOU BETTER STAN ny1 and same I respected her more than I already did after watching her do a performance that other artists could only dream of doing. Numbers don’t mean shit when you’re the Queen.

1 minute ago, Beyoncé said:

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I bet they haven’t even watched the performance yet 

I watched the thing live after all the hype and was left disappointed sass1

18 minutes ago, Beyoncé said:

She constantly switches up ever era and bring something new to the table how is she bad at reinvention? How was Beychella not a good performance? It’s one of the greatest of all time and completely different to everything she’s ever done before apart from the songs and how is her being a culturally important artist boring? The general public still eat her up and I find it hilarious you think just because people don’t buy her music that they don’t like her, if they’re not buying the album then they’re streaming it. And why do you keep bringing up her tour sales when her last 3 tours have been 100% sold out? She’s one of the greatest vocalists of all time, her voice is nowhere near lackluster and her dancing is nowhere near stiff so stop lying to yourself, I doubt you’ve even watched the performance if you’re making those comments. She also doesn’t need nostalgia to give a good performance that’s why she stopped doing Destiny’s Child medleys after IASF era and only brought them to Beychella because it was their 20th anniversary so get your facts right. And as for the new music it is everything but lackluster and you’ve probably only listened to Apeshit once so sit down. Stop getting pressed and making up lies because your fave will never rise to her level and you know it, you’re just mad and hate to watch her succeed.

Yeah she doesn't switch it up at all. EIL is like Lemonade 2.0, the whole vibe and aesthetic is the same as what we have seen before.

Beychella is not the best performance of all time lmao, Gagachella was waaay better!! As I said, it was literally everything we have seen before. I don't see anything different between Beychella and her superbowl performance

You're really not getting this... the GP are not eating her up anymore. If they did, TLK and everything involved would have done way better. The GP are sick of Beyoncé. People dont care about her... if she walked into a room, people would gasp... but if Gaga walked into the room, there would be a bigger gasp and there would be so many people around her

Apeshit is the same trap shit thats on the radio right now, and just like its title, it really is shit.

How do you explain the images from her tour with half the seats empty?

7 minutes ago, Wild Card said:

Ok what this thread didn’t ask for was negativity. Please see yourself out. Wouldn’t see reinvention? Didn’t she popularise releasing albums unannounced and on Fridays? And if she wasn’t popular why can’t you keep her name out of your mouth? Everybody's talking about the album, trust me, I hear it all the time. Just because it isn’t being sold doesn’t mean it isn’t talked about. Beychella was ground breaking because you couldn’t name another person doing it as hard and as well as she is. Lackluster vocals? Beyoncé is a Mezzo-Soprano who can support up to F#5’s consistently- something very few popular Soprano’s can achieve at all. Educate yourself before you look like a fool online.

The only one that looks like a fool is you... lmao thinking Beyonce is the be all and end all

Her vocals have declined severly, and its not like her tone was good to start off with. She doesnt reinvent herself because its impossible when you need 50+ writers to craft your art for you

1 minute ago, Craigg said:

Yeah she doesn't switch it up at all. EIL is like Lemonade 2.0, the whole vibe and aesthetic is the same as what we have seen before.

Beychella is not the best performance of all time lmao, Gagachella was waaay better!! As I said, it was literally everything we have seen before. I don't see anything different between Beychella and her superbowl performance

You're really not getting this... the GP are not eating her up anymore. If they did, TLK and everything involved would have done way better. The GP are sick of Beyoncé. People dont care about her... if she walked into a room, people would gasp... but if Gaga walked into the room, there would be a bigger gasp and there would be so many people around her

Apeshit is the same trap shit thats on the radio right now, and just like its title, it really is shit.

Hating popular things doesn’t make you cool and isn’t a personality trait undefined

EIL is Lemonade 2.0? What? EIL is Hip-Hop/Rap album, Lemonade is a coalition of various different genres but is primarily pop.

Gagachella? I’ve never heard of that in my life, yet everyone knew of beychella. That speaks volumes. 

How are the GP sick of her when she is quite literally the most influential artist of this generation.

All this is is you sharing your opinion for no reason. Get out my thread.

2 minutes ago, Craigg said:

The only one that looks like a fool is you... lmao thinking Beyonce is the be all and end all

Her vocals have declined severly, and its not like her tone was good to start off with. She doesnt reinvent herself because its impossible when you need 50+ writers to craft your art for you

Her vocals have declined? She can still support and hit the same notes she always has. Hell, she can go even lower, well into the second octave. Her lower register is much more solid without the drawbacks of losing her upper support. Her head voice is much more operatic and full. And so what she uses multiple writers, look up interviews and they all say she is very much involved and in control.

1 minute ago, Wild Card said:

Hating popular things doesn’t make you cool and isn’t a personality trait undefined

EIL is Lemonade 2.0? What? EIL is Hip-Hop/Rap album, Lemonade is a coalition of various different genres but is primarily pop.

Gagachella? I’ve never heard of that in my life, yet everyone knew of beychella. That speaks volumes. 

How are the GP sick of her when she is quite literally the most influential artist of this generation.

All this is is you sharing your opinion for no reason. Get out my thread.

Yeah you're lying here cause Gaga was everywhere and became the first female headliner at the festival... Gagachella was everywhere. Beychella was forced down peoples throats when it was released on Netflix 

Beyonce isn't popular though, thats the tea

How is she the most influential artist when she doesn't create anything and hasnt influenced anyone?

12 minutes ago, Craigg said:

I’m actually screaming that you think Gagachella was more impressive then Beychella rip2 and I never said it was the best I said it is ONE of the greatest so stop continuing to lie to make yourself look good. And Lemonade and EIL could not be any more different. You clearly did not watch Beychella or her Super Bowl performance because they are nothing alike and both had never been done beforehand. Beyoncé would get a far bigger reaction than Lady Gaga if she walked into a room she’s much more popular than her. And I can’t believe to that you think just because people aren’t going to see a film that she doesn’t even appear in herself that they don’t like her. Apeshit is not representative of the entirety of EIL so shut your mouth because it’s not generic trap music and you probably haven’t even heard the album in full. And the only empty seats on her tours are the ones behind the big box screens because you can’t see her if you sit behind there so everything you just said in that post is invalid.  

2 minutes ago, Wild Card said:

Her vocals have declined? She can still support and hit the same notes she always has. Hell, she can go even lower, well into the second octave. Her lower register is much more solid without the drawbacks of losing her upper support. Her head voice is much more operatic and full. And so what she uses multiple writers, look up interviews and they all say she is very much involved and in control.

It just sounds like a bunch of noise... 

Just now, Craigg said:

Yeah you're lying here cause Gaga was everywhere and became the first female headliner at the festival... Gagachella was everywhere. Beychella was forced down peoples throats when it was released on Netflix 

Beyonce isn't popular though, thats the tea

How is she the most influential artist when she doesn't create anything and hasnt influenced anyone?

I’ve genuinely never heard of Gagachella in my life. Genuinely. And how was it only popular with Netflix when it is the most streamed Coachella performance of all time? Which also compounds the fact that Beyoncé is, in fact, popular.

If she hasn’t influenced anyone, how comes after Beyoncé (the album) dropped on Friday, it became a norm for albums to release on Friday’s over Tuesday’s (which they previously were). Also explain after Beyoncé and Lemonade released, visual albums gained popularity? 

Sort it out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.