Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

Lana Del Rey | Chemtrails Over The Country Club | March 19th, 2021

wow this was very bad jj4

the only songs that seemed nice on the first listen were yosemite, dance till we die, i guess was nice and maybe dark but just a game and potentially for free

the whole album is just a recycled songs and sounds with really bad mixing oprah11

I'm not surprised y'all hate this so much rip4 

I thoroughly enjoyed my first listen. I will say, I don't like how much is reused from Norman. I LOVE when Lana references past her work in songs but like repurposing HTD's instrumental and Hope's melody for Wild at Heart was not necessary.. (that being said Wild at Heart is far superior to HTD and has no jingle bells so we will stan).

Yosemite did not need to be on here. It doesn't fit. It would fit perfectly in the second half of LFL, where is SHOULD have been. Like I don't get at all why Lana thought it didn't fit. It fits PERFECTLY rip4 I hate her sometimes rip4 

In general though, I don't see how anyone could enjoy NFR but not enjoy this album. They're definitely sisters with COCC being a little more stripped back, but otherwise they're so similar. So yeah, if you didn't enjoy NFR; you sure as hell won't enjoy this.

It's a great album though. I'm excited to give it more listens. However, I'll probably hold on listening more until my physical copies come.

I've sorta "disavowed" Lana but this album is surprisingly solid? The songwriting is lovely, it isn't quite gelling for me just yet but I think it will in time. Wild At Heart, Tulsa Jesus Freak and Breaking Up Slowly are probably my faves from the new bunch

52 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I'm not surprised y'all hate this so much rip4 

I thoroughly enjoyed my first listen. I will say, I don't like how much is reused from Norman. I LOVE when Lana references past her work in songs but like repurposing HTD's instrumental and Hope's melody for Wild at Heart was not necessary.. (that being said Wild at Heart is far superior to HTD and has no jingle bells so we will stan).

Yosemite did not need to be on here. It doesn't fit. It would fit perfectly in the second half of LFL, where is SHOULD have been. Like I don't get at all why Lana thought it didn't fit. It fits PERFECTLY rip4 I hate her sometimes rip4 

In general though, I don't see how anyone could enjoy NFR but not enjoy this album. They're definitely sisters with COCC being a little more stripped back, but otherwise they're so similar. So yeah, if you didn't enjoy NFR; you sure as hell won't enjoy this.

It's a great album though. I'm excited to give it more listens. However, I'll probably hold on listening more until my physical copies come.

I looove NFR, its probably my fav album from Lana. But I hear nor see nor feel any similarity with the albums. COCC has no feeling, no depth, no storyline throughout. I will give it a bit more listens but when I listen to NFR it was instant, from song one. Maybe its at fault how bad of a start this album has, I dunno, I will give it some time to settle in but yeah right now it just feels emotionless and recycled and i cant even comprehend how bad the mixing is. 

1 hour ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Sample credits

• "Wild at Heart" contains elements of the composition "How to Disappear", written by Lana Del Rey and Jack Antonoff, performed by Lana Del Rey.

fall9

36 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Sample credits

• "Wild at Heart" contains elements of the composition "How to Disappear", written by Lana Del Rey and Jack Antonoff, performed by Lana Del Rey.

fall9

It's very salient too? not a subtle reuse of the instrumental dead4 but it seems like a very clear homage? like a "sequel" of sorts I guess

24 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

It's very salient too? not a subtle reuse of the instrumental dead4 but it seems like a very clear homage? like a "sequel" of sorts I guess

I haven't even heard it yet, I was just sent by the naked audacity

28 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

Missy DM me 

3 hours ago, LÉON said:

I haven't even heard it yet, I was just sent by the naked audacity

it's definitely audacious lol I do think it's a cute moment though? jj2 feel like you'll despise it though considering your existing opinions on NFR!

3 hours ago, Urbi said:

Missy DM me 

[see_no_evil_emoji.png]

I love all her little repeated lines (color blue, red/white dress, etc.) but can she please never reference Candle in the Wind again rip4 I'm sick of it rip2 

Gonna bitch again about her not including Dealer. I feel like with the vocals of White Dress and the bridge of DTWD, it definitely still could have worked. Like I'm sure she was exaggerating a bit with how "screamy" it actually it. Like it's probably just a step farther than WD and DTWD; it's not like she's going into scream-rock lmao.

Also, wish For Free was just Lana but it's pretty for what it is ari9

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.