Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Best 4th album by a pop girl?

Best 4th album by a pop girl?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Best 4th album by a pop girl?

• Let's Get To It
    • Like a Prayer
    • Daydream
    • In The Zone
    • Bionic
    • Witness
    • ARTPOP
    • Rated R
    • Red
    • Sweetener
    • Lust For Life

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

To answer this, at first yes but then rude boy turned to be one of her bigger hits 

Commercial success aside, Rated R is still one of her best alberms, so I’d say she never suffered it to begin with jj2 

14 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

The album was ahead of it's time xtina5. I seriously don't get why it flopped so bad and was hated by the media. Still it's a great basis for jokes against a certain FOTP member who we all know... 

I guess it was released too late. Also the fact that X went toe to toe with the Gagz who was big at the time was a career suicide. Also, I think it's because she was turning thirty at the time and Ageists think that thirty is already a thousand years old in the music industry.

I don't think X intended to go for that robo-sex-kitten concept but more like a new wave-electronic album. She did have a bunch of songs that were not included. (The Goldfrapp collabs and of course, some Ladytron and Linda Perry tracks)

If anything it should've been a two disc album too. Disc 1 could be the Robot concept and Disc 2 could be the Womanly/Motherly/Wife concept.

4 giveup3 

sweetener giveup3  

ln The Zone giveup3 

Daydream giveup3 

lets not forget the best fourth album Vespertine giveup3 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, Ariana said:

The way their faces look the same lmfao2 a curse indeed dead1

the nostrils lmfao2 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, I Brings That Levity said:

Ha no. 

The album was ahead of it's time xtina5. I seriously don't get why it flopped so bad and was hated by the media. Still it's a great basis for jokes against a certain FOTP member who we all know... 

And I’m so glad she paved the way for all the other pop stars to flop. Karma came with a spoon full of sugar when we got Barney Jean, ArtFlop, etc. nat1 

Anyway, as for this thread question, Daydream is the only “Peak” album on this list. In The Zone was good, but aside from “Toxic” nothing else was memorable. Nor

was it her peak album. It had good deep album cuts but the other singles remain forgotten.

Daydream is a combination of commercial success, as well as Mariah at her vocal and music quality peak. The 3 #1 singles on this album are classics. Its the album that represents Mariah in her prime and the perfect combination of pop and r&b/hip hop that bridges her early career with her later career. It’s the best one on this list for sure.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.