Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

“Lover” Info From Secret Sessions

YES! Some real radio friendly bops in there! ME! Who!? 

ME I find meh. YNTCD I liked but haven’t really listened to that much. It’s cute and I like the message. But pop-perfection wise there’s some really good songs!

I would say like 1989 production, but with new elements. Very romantic album, lyrics definitely more speak now vibes with a hint of fearless? Idek how to explain it lol. But that might just be me going off of my favorite songs from the album. It was definitely a mixed bag. But very raw and real album.

Probably! It’s definitely up there for me. Nothing beats RED for me but a handful of songs I instantly connected with. I cried a few times. If you’re into the more romantic songs there are some you’ll love. I thought it was great, but that’s cause many of the lyrics are amazing (I’m not gonna say omg GORGEOUS LYRICS CAN CUT GLASS) but like yeah I was really impressed! 

Red is my favorite album. I didn’t connect with reputation that much asides from a couple of songs. This album is very different. Production is all over the place but mainly pop-y, the rest of the songs are nothing like the three she has released, at least I don’t think so. It’s hard to judge it based on one listen but I would say it’s probably my second favorite? Some of the songs really hit me. 

Yes one of the songs made me cry A LOT. Like almost uncontrollably. I started thinking about other things just to distract myself cause I was like “ok I’m gonna completely ruin my makeup **** this” LMAO. And a few of the other songs made me tear up a little, like maybe 2-3? But that was cause they were very sweet and romantic!

We were not allowed to talk about collaborations. :(

Omg thanks @Hylia I was about to make this jj2 

Here’s a compilation of screenshots of descriptions. Take them with a grain of salt since last era’s Secret Sessioners coined the ‘lyrics that could cut glass’ term for Garbageous. But this info sounds promising cry6 

+ this

rwR8vfB.jpg

- track 9 is allegedly a ‘true track 9’ again, it’s usually one of the fan favorites (Getaway Car, Wildest Dreams, Enchanted among the rest)

- track 10 is emotional and made people cry? Idk if I trust them on this but cute

18 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

None of them RAVING about it nicki5 

Did you miss all the screenshots I posted or? There was nothing but extremely positive feedback nicki5 

They all sound very pleased. The last time this happened everyone raved about the wrong tracks and we ended up disappointed since they were being very clearly biased... I’d rather have a level-headed opinion leading up to the album, personally.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Did you miss all the screenshots I posted or? There was nothing but extremely positive feedback nicki5 

They all sound very pleased. The last time this happened everyone raved about the wrong tracks and we ended up disappointed since they were being very clearly biased... I’d rather have a level-headed opinion leading up to the album, personally.

THIS. I'm actually really glad people aren't over hyping it because it only leads to disappointment. These are all really positive comments that have me excited. Not every new album has be your new fave or their best. You can still really love it. Besides, all of my fave albums of hers weren't necessarily my faves when they came out. Stuff like that takes time.

PerchedTTT for the album.

53 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Speak Now’s pop sister really is here

The descriptions remind me of Red tbh! Mixed bag, some bops but lots of emotional tracks, some solo written tracks but not the whole album, etc interesting1 

9 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

THIS. I'm actually really glad people aren't over hyping it because it only leads to disappointment. These are all really positive comments that have me excited. Not every new album has be your new fave or their best. You can still really love it. Besides, all of my fave albums of hers weren't necessarily my faves when they came out. Stuff like that takes time.

PerchedTTT for the album.

As a Red stan you spilled! Fans (myself included) didn’t love it upon release but now it’s THE fan favorite jj2 

The main thing I’ve been missing in her music is emotional and lyrical complexity. Her songs have also become far more formulaic, feels as if she shortens them and dumbs them down when they could be much better if they were left longer and without co-writers, I guess. Hopefully Lover is a good mix like Red.

Yea I learned to not trust listening session goers after the reputation era but I still can't help myself from getting excited. I LOVE her more romantic songs (Enchanted especially) so hopefully we're in for some treats!

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Apparently she wasn’t there. She’s fighting cancer again so I hope she’s alright oprah4 

i didnt know that there was a first time tay5oprah4 

13 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

i didnt know that there was a first time tay5oprah4 

Yeah, she was diagnosed in Spring 2015 but it had been put into remission by 2016. Looks like it came back this year or late last year (she stopped being at the Reputation shows suddenly so yeah).

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, she was diagnosed in Spring 2015 but it had been put into remission by 2016. Looks like it came back this year or late last year (she stopped being at the Reputation shows suddenly so yeah).

oprah4 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.