Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LetoyaLuckettStan

If Mariah Recorded THIS IS ME......then

What if Charmbracelet sounded like Jlo’s 2003 album??aretha1

I only consider the thought because of songs like Yours and I know what you want, Mariah excelled with that. 

What if Mimi had her own “all I have” or “Jenny from the block”/80s funk inspired pop????gaga11 would it have SLAYED or was Brigin’ On the heartbreak enough?

speak,lambily.....

On 8/6/2019 at 11:39 AM, LetoyaLuckettStan said:

80s funk inspired pop???

She already did this twice laughcry1 And by the second time, people were starting to call her out on repeating the same formula. I don't think it would have smashed. Charmie was doomed to fail. 

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

She already did this twice laughcry1 And by the second time, people were starting to call her out on repeating the same formula. I don't think it would have smashed. Charmie was doomed to fail. 

Elaborate on how it was doomed to fail ( I actually agree)

21 hours ago, LetoyaLuckettStan said:

Elaborate on how it was doomed to fail ( I actually agree)

I just don't think she was ready to come back and people weren't ready to accept her back after her Glitter-era debacle. I don't think the type of music she made was the wrong choice, I just don't think it would have been a success. This was also pandered as a "return" album ("Through the Rain" is a little on the nose) and a lot of her promo for the album talked about getting through her hospitalization and whatnot. I don't think people wanted a "return" Mariah, they wanted a "reimagined" Mariah, which is what they got with TEOM, and probably why it was successful (among other reasons). Idk if I'm making a lick of sense, but I just think 2002 was too quick to try to make a comeback and I can't imagine any type of music change would have made a difference.

Not sure if this is relevant, but her voice also wasn't really back in shape for recording the album. She sounded better on the tour than the actual recordings. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.