Why has it taken Warner Music Group so long to establish a successful female artist after Madonna?

Vesper    4,726
22 minutes ago, nosweetdream said:

Ok, miss know-it-all, Sia’s only been with Atlantic for 2 years and all she’s released on the label is a Christmas album 💀 Kylie is only successful in Europe and Asia, not the US. Remember, CGYOOMH was #1 everywhere else back in 2001, but NO, not in the US, it only peaked at #7 there. Why don’t you wait until Sia actually release another album and Kylie actually gets good promo for her next era, especially for her US stans, and then we can talk, OK? brit8

Point is WMG has plenty of successful female artists in their repertoire and you are reaching for a thread brit10 

Madonna is the most successful female artist of all time. But WMG has plenty of female artists with them that aren’t so bad as you’re making it seem to be. Nice try and all though brit10 

Vesper    4,726

So far:

Beyonce

Cardi B

Dua Lipa

Sia

Kylie Minogue

All super successful female artists associated with WMG but somehow “omg they don’t have a single female artist as good as Madonna” ok brit1 

nosweetdream    44
9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Point is WMG has plenty of successful female artists in their repertoire and you are reaching for a thread brit10 

Madonna is the most successful female artist of all time. But WMG has plenty of female artists with them that aren’t so bad as you’re making it seem to be. Nice try and all though brit10 

So what if I'm reaching? Aren't I allowed to? That's the point of Battlegrounds, right? To battle it out with other stans? You, of all people on this site should know what it's like on here. Yes, Madonna IS the most successful female artists of all time. WMG does have plenty of female artists with them. PLENTY. But I'm not trying to make it look like the female artists I mentioned are as bad as you say I am. I stan Charli and Kylie, I like Marina and Kehlani, etc. Did i ever mention that my opinion on those artists at all during this thread?  NO. I'm only critiquing their lack of promotion and the way that WMG handles their promotion. There's a difference.

nosweetdream    44
9 hours ago, Vesper said:

So far:

Beyonce

Cardi B

Dua Lipa

Sia

Kylie Minogue

All super successful female artists associated with WMG but somehow “omg they don’t have a single female artist as good as Madonna” ok brit1 

"oMg ThEy dOn'T hAvE a SiNgLe FeMaLe ArTiSt As GoOd As Madonna" BULLSHIT. You're totally taking my words out of context. The artists you mentioned are successful with WMG, yes. But they don't have to be as successful as Madonna for WMG to succeed. I'm just saying that they could reach the level that Taylor Swift & Adele are on, if they had better promotion. And please stop assuming that Beyonce is a WMG artist just because she has a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell, when she's CLEARLY a Sony Music artist. Stop worrying about what I think, and go worry about Britney's career. 

Vesper    4,726
52 minutes ago, nosweetdream said:

So what if I'm reaching? Aren't I allowed to? That's the point of Battlegrounds, right? To battle it out with other stans? You, of all people on this site should know what it's like on here. Yes, Madonna IS the most successful female artists of all time. WMG does have plenty of female artists with them. PLENTY. But I'm not trying to make it look like the female artists I mentioned are as bad as you say I am. I stan Charli and Kylie, I like Marina and Kehlani, etc. Did i ever mention that my opinion on those artists at all during this thread?  NO. I'm only critiquing their lack of promotion and the way that WMG handles their promotion. There's a difference.

44 minutes ago, nosweetdream said:

"oMg ThEy dOn'T hAvE a SiNgLe FeMaLe ArTiSt As GoOd As Madonna" BULLSHIT. You're totally taking my words out of context. The artists you mentioned are successful with WMG, yes. But they don't have to be as successful as Madonna for WMG to succeed. I'm just saying that they could reach the level that Taylor Swift & Adele are on, if they had better promotion. And please stop assuming that Beyonce is a WMG artist just because she has a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell, when she's CLEARLY a Sony Music artist. Stop worrying about what I think, and go worry about Britney's career. 

Someone’s reaching and got called out, and someone sounds pressed AF ny1 the essays ny4 

nosweetdream    44
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Someone’s reaching and got called out, and someone sounds pressed AF ny1 the essays ny4 

undefined

Madame X    22,593
12 hours ago, Vesper said:

So far:

Beyonce

Cardi B

Dua Lipa

Sia

Kylie Minogue

But 4/5 of them aren't super successful, they had some hits etc but that's all, for now at least. brit1 Does Dua, Cardi, Sia and Kylie have 4 #1s BB Hot 100 singles combined? brit15 Or albums? brit15 Actually i don't even think they have sell more than 60-70 million records worldwide. brit8

worIdwideangeI    402
6 hours ago, Madame X said:

But 4/5 of them aren't super successful, they had some hits etc but that's all, for now at least. brit1 Does Dua, Cardi, Sia and Kylie have 4 #1s BB Hot 100 singles combined? brit15 Or albums? brit15 Actually i don't even think they have sell more than 60-70 million records worldwide. brit8

pretty sure that kylie does dead1 

8 hours ago, Madame X said:

Does Dua, Cardi, Sia and Kylie have 4 #1s BB Hot 100 singles combined? brit15

Besides Kylie that is the most trashy/basic list of names in pop music today. 

I'll laugh if a Dula Peep stan (does she even have any) comes for me. 

Mr. Mendes    2,578
On 8/6/2019 at 11:20 PM, Vesper said:

That's only publishing, not the label she's signed to. You can be signed to one label and be published via another corporation. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.