Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Which Table Are You Sitting At? [Madonna Singles Edition #1]

MADONNA SINGLES #1 TABLE POLL   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which table would you sit at?

• Table 1 - Physical Attraction, Like a Virgin & Justify My Love
    • Table 2 - Into the Groove, Open Your Heart & Causing a Commotion
    • Table 3 - Material Girl, Dress You Up & Vogue
    • Table 4 - Everybody, Express Yourself & Keep It Together
    • Table 5 - Lucky Star, Angel & True Blue
    • Table 6 - Burning Up, Gambler & Like a Prayer
    • Table 7 - Live to Tell, The Look of Love & Rescue Me
    • Table 8 - Papa Don't Preach, Oh Father & Dear Jessie
    • Table 9 - La Isla Bonita, Who's That Girl & Holiday
    • Table 10 - Crazy for You, Borderline & Cherish

2 hours ago, Nezha said:

I'm always at whatever table Oh Father is at. I love it. So, Table 8 for me

This

6 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

What's so special about it? To me is so boring bebe1

It's boring to you because your taste in music is a fucking joke. bebe1 

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

What's so special about it? To me is so boring bebe1

Its quite possibly her most beautiful and most personal ballad. Beautiful lyrics, with and a gorgeous musical accompaniment. There is nothing boring about it at all

Just now, Nezha said:

Its quite possibly her most beautiful and most personal ballad. Beautiful lyrics, with and a gorgeous musical accompaniment. There is nothing boring about it at all

tenor.gif

SimplisticShadowyDarklingbeetle-small.gi

15 minutes ago, Nezha said:

Really? What's so personal about the lyrics? I found the lyrics boring and pitiable and the melody is annoying af shrug1

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Really? What's so personal about the lyrics? I found the lyrics boring and pitiable and the melody is annoying af shrug1

Ummm, well, turn off Hard Candy, clean out your ears, sit down, pop on the song and pay attention to the words. There!

Just now, Nezha said:

Ummm, well, turn off Hard Candy, clean out your ears, sit down, pop on the song and pay attention to the words. There!

literally reading in deep the lyrics rn trying to figured out what's so personal about them confused1

boring lyrics, extremely boring instrumental. Can't help but fall asleep if i attempt to listen till the end. Maybe in the end gets better, I'll never know Ig shrug1

Also Hard Candy is a great album so I don't think the problem is my ears, but rather the rubbish smell that comes out of your mouth. sass4

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

literally reading in deep the lyrics rn trying to figured out what's so personal about them confused1

boring lyrics, extremely boring instrumental. Can't help but fall asleep if i attempt to listen till the end. Maybe in the end gets better, I'll never know Ig shrug1

Also Hard Candy is a great album so I don't think the problem is my ears, but rather the rubbish smell that comes out of your mouth. sass4

Hard Candy a great album??? Sure... and Trump is a great president, lol. Hard Candy is the musical equivalent of an explosive bowel movement. It is incredibly simplistic and unoriginal. If you love it, great for you, but the songs on that album aren't fit to compare to anything in her back catalogue. I'm guessing, by the way that you write, that you are one of our younger Madonna fans whom became a fan in the 2010s?

27 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

What? brit15

Maybe someday
When I look back I'll be able to say
You didn't mean to be cruel
Somebody hurt you too
giphy.gif
Just now, Nezha said:

Hard Candy a great album??? Sure... and Trump is a great president, lol. Hard Candy is the musical equivalent of an explosive bowel movement. It is incredibly simplistic and unoriginal. If you love it, great for you, but the songs on that album aren't fit to compare to anything in her back catalogue. I'm guessing, by the way that you write, that you are one of our younger Madonna fans whom became a fan in the 2010s?

Hard Candy is a pioneering blend of pop, hip-pop, trip hop, r&b and dance. So many different styles like different candy tastes  and yet it is cohesive and the build-up towards the end is great. Hc offers also very personal lyrics like the one that forecast her divorce with Guy Rithcie.  On the other hand, LAP album get worse as you keep listening and Oh Father is its lowest point in boredom. Miles Away is a way more enjoyable ballad imho. moo7

5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

What? brit15

Maybe someday
When I look back I'll be able to say
You didn't mean to be cruel
Somebody hurt you too
giphy.gif

ok that's deep but the song too got this heavy sad mood that makes it a bit boring ngl. I mean the rest of the lyrics sound like a prayer...is there anything more boring than a prayer? lotus1

Just now, Lucifer's Angel said:

ok that's deep but the song too got this heavy sad mood that makes it a bit boring ngl. I mean the rest of the lyrics sound like a prayer...is there anything more boring than a prayer? lotus1

idk, spanish lessons? brit15

5 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Hard Candy is a pioneering blend of pop, hip-pop, trip hop, r&b and dance. So many different styles like different candy tastes  and yet it is cohesive and the build-up towards the end is great. Hc offers also very personal lyrics like the one that forecast her divorce with Guy Rithcie.  On the other hand, LAP album get worse as you keep listening and Oh Father is its lowest point in boredom. Miles Away is a way more enjoyable ballad imho. moo7

I completely disagree on LAP & Oh Daddy but 100%about HC. 

Only deaf and uneducated people would blindly hate on it just because she worked with more known Producers on it ew2

Not only from perspective of time HC proven to be way ahead of its time as Pharrell and JT had their prime time years after it, album blended different styles perfectly, its completly cohesive and very personal as even JT said Madonna came ready with most songs already written when they meet. 

And again as people love to bitch about her working with "established" producers it was still fresh direction for her shrug1

And its another album completly different from others, which i think is amazing that 30 years of career and not one repetitive album that would sound like the others 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.