Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BJORK

Small Talk: the final nail in coffin?

Poorly received? I think NRO was a really decent-sized recovery song nicki5 Obviously, after a chain of flops, she can't skyrocket to smash hits, but NRO did it's thing and did quite okay.

I was predicting that the follow up will do better than NRO, but dam, Small Dick is truly... something nicki5

I think it'll do well tho?

Just now, BJORK said:

The SALES, the STREAMS and the CHART POSITIONS. It's a bop that did not have sizeable commercial success burn1

oh, you meant commercially! i thought you meant poorly received by the audience dsfsfs

i mean, it didn't go #1 or whatever, but it went top 15 in the biggest markets, which is great for the song that was released after her biggest commercial failure and wasn't promoted in almost no shape or form  lol3 and sure, Small Talk isn't the best follow up to NRO, but it's definitely not a bad song

11 minutes ago, Maria said:

oh, you meant commercially! i thought you meant poorly received by the audience dsfsfs

i mean, it didn't go #1 or whatever, but it went top 15 in the biggest markets, which is great for the song that was released after her biggest commercial failure and wasn't promoted in almost no shape or form  lol3 and sure, Small Talk isn't the best follow up to NRO, but it's definitely not a bad song

It's not a bad song, but it's not what she needed to put out... I want KP embraced by the GP again and mid-tempo synthpop is really not IT ;( if this was for the fans it would have been a promo. The fact her label made it THE next single goes to show her team is losing commercial direction.

Katy just came off a string off flops

#59 - Bon Appétit

#46 - Swish Swish

#86 - 365

Never Really Over peaked at #15, and it's #29 now, 2 months after release. In comparison, the other singles lasted 3-4 weeks on the chart at most. And if we're going to be extra, Chained to the Rhythm began free falling two months in, yet NRO is predicted to remain stable. It's #35 on Global spotify and #17 on Itunes WW. Sure these numbers may not be amazing, but everyone had written her career off as completely finished. Yet here she is doing well with a pure pop song and with way less promo than what her previous singles got.

Small Talk has barely been out a few hours, it's impossible to gage how it's going to do laughcry1 & Since forum gays seem to dislike it, I'm guessing it'll do quite well asdfghjkl 

Katy is past her prime years now so it's not surprising. NRO was a great song and from what i've heard people really liked it. #15 on the Hot#100 is good by her standards in 2019. Plus it's still in the top #40.

Small Talk isn't awful, but it won't be a hit and would've been better as an album track. 

Small talk is cute but it’s an album track not a single. Katy Girl. brit10 

Edit: also NRO was not “poorly received”, I’m not sure why you would think that when it’s the best she’s released since CTTR. brit10 

Y'all realize she's just putting out buzz singles with no plans of releasing an album, right? brit15 

Small Talk will also not get a major single release. The next actual song that comes with a proper music video is "Harleys in Hawaii".

19 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

NRO deserved to SMASH. It was a major bop. This song is... uh... well I’m sure some person out there will like it ari9

14 minutes ago, Luca said:

I literally prefer this song over NRO? dead4 I think it's so catchy and brilliant. 

undefined

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.