Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Let's talk about Glitter...

So last week I went out to rent some movies, and among the sixteen I'd rented, having seen none of them before...was Glitter. I'd been to this place several times before and noticed Glitter there before, but this time my morbid curiosity got the best of me and I figured "Hey, maybe I'll be dead before I get to this one". Well, I've watched nine of them already, including the Jenny McCarthy joint Dirty Love (whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger I guess) and it doesn't look like that's gonna happen so I suppose I'll be watching it relatively soon...

So, have you seen it? Do you like it, better yet?

Yes I’ve seen it a couple of times, it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. It is very cringy at some parts but the musics good... the story is pretty basic btw give us an official review when i finish watching 

15 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Yes I’ve seen it a couple of times, it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. It is very cringy at some parts but the musics good... the story is pretty basic btw give us an official review when i finish watching 

Oh, I'll post my thoughts, for sure. I am hoping that maybe people are overselling exactly how bad it is just because it's a Mariah Carey vehicle.

It is quite a bad movie, but the media definitely overplayed how bad it is and were just hopping on a band wagon to trash Mariah. The sound track is flawless, especially Never Too Far, Loverboy, Lead The Way, Don't Stop Funkin' & If We. 

I've only seen some clips, and tbh it just feels like a mediocre-to-bland movie. Acting seemed fair beside some cringey moments due to some dialogue. Plot is basic and uninspiring, but not so boring or contrived you can't really stand to watch it. Otherwise I don't think Mariah came off as any worse than anyone else in the film. She's just alright. Looking forward to your official review once you have seen it!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.