Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Ajay reacts to Hard Candy

Y’all up in arms about her not really liking albums that... no one else really likes lol3 HC aged badly, MDNA was a dumpster fire... If her COADF reaction is shit then sure y’all can have it but... this is too much! lol3 at least she stans Rebel Heart. 

I haven't watched yet. She's going to continue, right? dead2 she keeps saying she's going to try to do all 14 albums but then tells everyone to giver her their top 5. AND NOBODY told her to do MDNA or HC. Girl just skip to the good ones ffs. 

4 hours ago, Phoebe said:

I would lie if I said I didn't agree with her on this one. The album has aged pretty badly over the years and most definitely is a trend chaser album which is a fact. Can't wait for her reaction to Confessions, Music, Ray of Light and American Life to be honest. I feel like she might not like American Life and half of Music because they are pretty experimental; could be completely wrong tho.

I actually agree. I just listened to the album again and I feel like she's like the acoustic and emotional tones of the songs, but idk if she'll like the hard electronic sounds. 

Not to mention AL's lyrics aren't... super clever laughcry1 

She nailed it. Pretty much every thing she said I have been thinking and saying for years. eve1 It is cheap, basic, trend following... Even elevators have more expansive sound than this. It is so non-Madonnaesque. 

She is right. Many songs could have been great with different production. Just compare Heartbeat to Robyn's With Every Heartbeat. 

I screamed when she dragged Incredible for its length. fall4  She has a point. 

I wished Dance 2night got more love, but she wasn't too harsh.

4 Minutes is the only standout, because it is a bop that would make anybody dance, but that doesn't mean it is  a great work overall. 

Now, to people who thinks she is so negative. Would you be OK if she described HC and MDNA as masterpieces? They are her worst works, so what exactly did you expect?

Personally, I wished she praised certain songs on MDNA (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted). She only liked Masterpiece, which is cheap like anything on HC. However, she was right about album's quality and overproduction. 

RH is how a Madonna album should sound and she recognized that. lj1 It wasn't perfect, but it should have been made after COADF. 

And Madame X... On many forums there are fans who don't like any criticizing of that album. AJay said exactly what many of us think. There were many "WTF moments" and she pointed that out. Certain songs were basic and safe, some were tacky and trashy, too much autotune... Yes, it has experimental songs, but the album as a whole isn't experimental. Maybe AJay didn't acknowledge it, but it is very ambitious and Madonna really tried to make something with it after HC, MDNA and RH (which was too retrospective).

8 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

FINALLY we’re getting to Confessions next. I really really really hope it isnt negative cause she isn’t a fan of electronic. 

WHAT kind of music does she like? brit15

1 hour ago, Agent X said:

She nailed it. Pretty much every thing she said I have been thinking and saying for years. eve1 It is cheap, basic, trend following... Even elevators have more expansive sound than this. It is so non-Madonnaesque. 

She is right. Many songs could have been great with different production. Just compare Heartbeat to Robyn's With Every Heartbeat. 

4 Minutes is the only standout, because it is a bop that would make anybody dance, but that doesn't mean it is  a great work overall. 

Now, to people who thinks she is so negative. Would you be OK if she described HC and MDNA as masterpieces? They are her worst works, so what exactly did you expect?

Personally, I wished she praised certain songs on MDNA (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted). She only liked Masterpiece, which is cheap like anything on HC. However, she was right about album's quality and overproduction. 

RH is how a Madonna album should sound and she recognized that. lj1 It wasn't perfect, but it should have been made after COADF. 

And Madame X... On many forums there are fans who don't like any criticizing of that album. AJay said exactly what many of us think. There were many "WTF moments" and she pointed that out. Certain songs were basic and safe, some were tacky and trashy, too much autotune... Yes, it has experimental songs, but the album as a whole isn't experimental. Maybe AJay didn't acknowledge it, but it is very ambitious and Madonna really tried to make something with it after HC, MDNA and RH (which was too retrospective).

Like a Prayer and Music are way worse albums than Hard Candy but go off with your dumb rant anna1

3 hours ago, Agent X said:

HC being "bad" is just your opinion not a FACT shrug1

Im so tired of the bland HC hate and ignoring facts about it. 

As for mdne its obvious she did that album just to go on tour. But HC is far from bad. And its one thing to not like it but other diminish its orginality and creativity because she worked with popular producers how dare she do something different!!!!1! 

It was recorded years before especially Pharrells but also JT real peak, timbaland productions were less trendsetting but some songs were intentionally referencing JT songs, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You was meant to be What Goes Around part 2 shrug1 and timbaland productions were minority of the album, it was mostly Madonna & Pharrells record. She only tapped JT and Timbaland cos she loved JT album and wanted to mixed up albums sound. 

HC had a very solid theme and was very cohesive (wich ironically is something lot of you bitch about that Madonna albums lack of somehow here its a flaw), was in parts fun and light and others deeper and personal.

I genuinely think people just want to hate it cos she changed direction from unknown producers to the popular ones at that time. Without even acknowledging the fact that its as Madonna album as any other (most of songs were written before timblanad JT team joined the sessions).

It has Madonna vibe all over it and to say it doesn't sound like Madonna album is embarrasing thing to say, as she never really records similar sounding albums so what exactly is Madonnaesque album? following that logic we can say that Im Breathless, Erotica, BS, ROL, Music, AL, COADF, RH, MX - are not Madonnaesque albums as they dont sound like established Madonna music from her first 80s albumsshrug1

THE ONLY reason why this time people are so pressed about is that they actually know and recognize both producers so its easier to detect similarities between HC and other stuff released at the same time. If Orbit or Mirwais were bigger before they worked with Madonna, all of you HC haters would bitch about that ROL or AL or Music are not creative enough or following trends or whatever other dumb argument there would be when in fact they would still be as creative and orginal they were shrug1

The thing is as for sound HC was different at that time, it doesnt sound as much as other stuff from Nelly Furtado, Britney, Missy or JT cos they still managed to fit it to cohesive sound of Madonna album it just has some elements of production that were happening at that time. 

The most important thing is that she recorded album different for her OWN discography, that again doesnt sound like her other albums (which is kinda madonna thing to reinvent her sound) but i guess for some people would be better to receive 5 next albums full of ROL rejects than something different. 

As for that reaction girl she chose to ignore fact that HC came out in 2008 (and was even recorded year earlier) and not in 2014 so many songs she think it sound similar to actually came out after that but hey i guess who cares shrug1 (im not talking about some of JT tracks) 

Im mamma bear when it comes to HC i dunno why jj4

16 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

She would stan AL lol lol3 Didnt you watch the RH one? She obviously stans her slower songs more.

she just prefers the ballad-like songs.

2 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

HC being "bad" is just your opinion not a FACT shrug1

Im so tired of the bland HC hate and ignoring facts about it. 

As for mdne its obvious she did that album just to go on tour. But HC is far from bad. And its one thing to not like it but other diminish its orginality and creativity because she worked with popular producers how dare she do something different!!!!1! 

It was recorded years before especially Pharrells but also JT real peak, timbaland productions were less trendsetting but some songs were intentionally referencing JT songs, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You was meant to be What Goes Around part 2 shrug1 and timbaland productions were minority of the album, it was mostly Madonna & Pharrells record. She only tapped JT and Timbaland cos she loved JT album and wanted to mixed up albums sound. 

HC had a very solid theme and was very cohesive (wich ironically is something lot of you bitch about that Madonna albums lack of somehow here its a flaw), was in parts fun and light and others deeper and personal.

I genuinely think people just want to hate it cos she changed direction from unknown producers to the popular ones at that time. Without even acknowledging the fact that its as Madonna album as any other (most of songs were written before timblanad JT team joined the sessions).

It has Madonna vibe all over it and to say it doesn't sound like Madonna album is embarrasing thing to say, as she never really records similar sounding albums so what exactly is Madonnaesque album? following that logic we can say that Im Breathless, Erotica, BS, ROL, Music, AL, COADF, RH, MX - are not Madonnaesque albums as they dont sound like established Madonna music from her first 80s albumsshrug1

THE ONLY reason why this time people are so pressed about is that they actually know and recognize both producers so its easier to detect similarities between HC and other stuff released at the same time. If Orbit or Mirwais were bigger before they worked with Madonna, all of you HC haters would bitch about that ROL or AL or Music are not creative enough or following trends or whatever other dumb argument there would be when in fact they would still be as creative and orginal they were shrug1

The thing is as for sound HC was different at that time, it doesnt sound as much as other stuff from Nelly Furtado, Britney, Missy or JT cos they still managed to fit it to cohesive sound of Madonna album it just has some elements of production that were happening at that time. 

The most important thing is that she recorded album different for her OWN discography, that again doesnt sound like her other albums (which is kinda madonna thing to reinvent her sound) but i guess for some people would be better to receive 5 next albums full of ROL rejects than something different. 

As for that reaction girl she chose to ignore fact that HC came out in 2008 (and was even recorded year earlier) and not in 2014 so many songs she think it sound similar to actually came out after that but hey i guess who cares shrug1 (im not talking about some of JT tracks) 

Im mamma bear when it comes to HC i dunno why jj4

wow this TEA is good to the last drop! 

Yep-Im-Going-Need-Refill-Sip.gif

1 minute ago, Liam said:

HC is Justin Timberlake rejects and thats a FACTEA

it really isnt, JT record was more electro pop dance (he intentionally wanted to departure from R&B) while HC is funk r&b first of all (R&B was core direction for this album)shrug1

the JT elements there are intentional interpolations as it was what she wanted to do and its not a bad thing, still again JT & Timbaland input in album was small compared to whole body of work. 5 of 13 tracks were cowritten and produced by JT & T and most of them were written in different form before they joined recording sessions, JT said Madonna came with 10 songs already written to the studio to work with them.

It is NOT JT record, it's a record where few songs were loosely inspired by style used on his album, and thats it.

I think that any criticism used toward HC would work much better to MDNE as it was record which truly followed trends, was uninspired, rushed and dated, HC however was not.

Well, after this, her worst album, things can only get better for Ajay from now on. It was a good idea for her to do this in reverse chronological order, so that gets her 4 worst albums out of the way early on. Now onto the classics...

Well the Album is Bad 

3/10 

it was just made to have something new for the tour Just like MDNO

shw clearly didnt gave a fuck

only Thing she cares about is Candy Shop 

Devil, 4 mins and dance 2 Night clearly Sound like JT songs, but Thats the sound she wanted to go with

her worst Albums together with LAV

19 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

it really isnt, JT record was more electro pop dance (he intentionally wanted to departure from R&B) while HC is funk r&b first of all (R&B was core direction for this album)shrug1

the JT elements there are intentional interpolations as it was what she wanted to do and its not a bad thing, still again JT & Timbaland input in album was small compared to whole body of work. 5 of 13 tracks were cowritten and produced by JT & T and most of them were written in different form before they joined recording sessions, JT said Madonna came with 10 songs already written to the studio to work with them.

It is NOT JT record, it's a record where few songs were loosely inspired by style used on his album, and thats it.

I think that any criticism used toward HC would work much better to MDNE as it was record which truly followed trends, was uninspired, rushed and dated, HC however was not.

Um 4 Mins sounded dated on arrival

i remember when we frist heard it on ukmix in 2008 dead2

we had that sound before 

Loose 

Futuresex

Blackout 

and all 3 did it better

also HC is more like Justified not FSLS

4 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Um 4 Mins sounded dated on arrival

i remember when we frist heard it on ukmix in 2008 dead2

we had that sound before 

Loose 

Futuresex

Blackout 

and all 3 did it better

also HC is more like Justified not FSLS

Not the same shrug1

Madonna inspiration was futuresex not justified

And i already adressed loose, balckout and futuresex - not to mention again jt Timbaland songs were 5 out of 13 ew2 and while we still at it why Madonna is THE ONLY one critisized for working with them since so many other major artist did that too and still do ew2

Jesus sometimes seeing how this make people pressed she should be judged for war crimes or something eve1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Not the same shrug1

Madonna inspiration was futuresex not justified

And i already adressed loose, balckout and futuresex - not to mention again jt Timbaland songs were 5 out of 13 ew2 and while we still at it why Madonna is THE ONLY one critisized for working with them since so many other major artist did that too and still do ew2

Jesus sometimes seeing how this make people pressed she should be judged for war crimes or something eve1

Mod Notice
Do not personally attack other members.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.