Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Liam

#KatyIsOverParty

I mean I believe it happened, she was a very different person then and had a carefree attitude but something rubs me the wrong way about his comment:

I just say this now because our culture is set on proving men of power are perverse. 

Sounds like he's trying to discredit the MeToo movement as a waste of time, women being angry and that we should feel bad about powerful men. Alexa play Rich White Straight Men.

giphy.gif 

10 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

I mean I believe it happened, she was a very different person then and had a carefree attitude but something rubs me the wrong way about his comment:

Sounds like he's trying to discredit the MeToo movement as a waste of time, women being angry and that we should feel bad about powerful men. Alexa play Rich White Straight Men.

giphy.gif 

I don't know what really happened and we haven't hear Katy's side yet, but he said that when a woman gets power, she can be as disgusting as a man with power.

giphy.gif

I don't know, I'm mixed on it. It does come across as some irrelevant person who we've never heard of finding a way to get attention by claiming someone else (Katy) assaulted them. Main reason i think it's dodgy is because they've waited to post it just as Katy is getting ready to release a new album. It just seems fishy...

5 minutes ago, Luca said:

And why did it take him nearly 9 years to post this? moo12

The same reason it took Kesha, Rose McGowan and other women a couple of years to come forward with their histories about being assaulted 

25 minutes ago, Luca said:

And why did it take him nearly 9 years to post this? moo12

why did it take Kesha as long as she did to reveal her issue with Luke? moo12 

Just a year ago he was commenting "queen" and stuff on her insta, and his obsession with her has been talked about by her friends. And like if any of this weird fan fiction was true, he would've spoken up about it when she was being accused of shit left right and center during the witness era laughcry1

i mean, just take a peek through his insta laughcry1 what kind of stan comment

"or the strong youth defending their queen on here. I commend your heart behind your comments, which seeks to protect someone you idolize. #kimkardashian#krisjenner these are two women in a lot more power than Katy, AND TREATED me with RESPECT! perhaps you should give them your loyalty." 

Regardless of whether or not this is true, I do think there's still a perception in society that women can't be predatory because:

a) women are still not recognised as fully sexualised beings i.e. pulling down a guy's underwear in public is "harmless fun"

b) men are meant to be more in control and therefore "can't be abused" or

c) men are supposed to "enjoy" any kind of female attention.

All three options are insulting to both genders because:

"a" pre-supposes men are totally sex-motivated, whereas women are simply "prey"

"b" men can't be weak yet women are always so and

"c" men should find all women sexually attractive and women should learn to expect and encourage the male gaze.

In conclusion: it's a rough old world out there for both men and women.

And that's Sincerely, Modern Woman.

1 minute ago, Modern Woman said:

Regardless of whether or not this is true, I do think there's still a perception in society that women can't be predatory because:

a) women are still not recognised as fully sexualised beings i.e. pulling down a guy's underwear in public is "harmless fun"

b) men are meant to be more in control and therefore "can't be abused" or

c) men are supposed to "enjoy" any kind of female attention.

All three options are insulting to both genders because:

"a" pre-supposes men are totally sex-motivated, whereas women are simply "prey"

"b" men can't be weak yet women are always so and

"c" men should find all women sexually attractive and women should learn to expect and encourage the male gaze.

In conclusion: it's a rough old world out there for both men and women.

And that's Sincerely, Modern Woman.

And that's why being gay is the best option. hottie1

2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

And that's why being gay is the best option. hottie1

Well I know you're being flippant but sis jj4 Gays suffer because of male stereotypes too, especially when it comes to over-sexualisation.

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

After forcing a kiss on that boy on American Idol, I would not be shocked if this really happened jj3

She did NOT force a kiss on that American Idol. He clearly said it was planned. His words were taken outta context. Why the hell are people bringing this up. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.